81 posts
  • 7 / 9
 by St. Loser Fan
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I have no problem with Kurt Warner. I also don't thing the Rams did him wrong.

Always the centrist in these things i guess...

I think Warner likes and lives in Arizona because there because his special needs son found a good school while there. They then expanded that and built special needs group home for special needs adults.

https://www.treasurehouse.org/

I'm sorry if Kurt doesn't meet the Los Angeles Rams purity test that are set by some.

by azramsfan93
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1492  
United States of America   Chandler, Arizona
Pro Bowl

aeneas1 wrote:he also threw the second most tds in rams history in 2001, topped only by the most in rams history that he tossed in 1999... amazingly, it seems, goff is #3 on the rams most tds in a season list behind warner while stafford is on pace to move into 2nd place this season (albeit with 17 games).

Stafford has 12 TD passes through 5 games. That translates to 41 through 17 games which ties Warner for most in a season. So he is on pace to tie for 1st, not second.

by azramsfan93
2 years 6 months ago
Pro Bowl

St. Loser Fan wrote:I think Warner likes and lives in Arizona because there because his special needs son found a good school while there. They then expanded that and built special needs group home for special needs adults.

https://www.treasurehouse.org/

I'm sorry if Kurt doesn't meet the Los Angeles Rams purity test that are set by some.

This may have something to do with why he lives here. Another factor is that AZ is actually a much nicer place to live for anyone raising a family - no offense to our CA peeps. Lower housing prices, lower cost of living overall, lower taxes, less crime, less traffic, cleaner air are some of the quality of life factors.

That said, I wish KW would show more homerism regarding our good guys. It is pretty obvious he carries a grudge and thinks of himself as a Cardinal.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

azramsfan93 wrote:This may have something to do with why he lives here. Another factor is that AZ is actually a much nicer place to live for anyone raising a family - no offense to our CA peeps. Lower housing prices, lower cost of living overall, lower taxes, less crime, less traffic, cleaner air are some of the quality of life factors.

Plus he mentioned one time Brenda and a couple of the kids have bad seasonal allergies, so that keeps them in the Phoenix area.

azramsfan93 wrote:That said, I wish KW would show more homerism regarding our good guys. It is pretty obvious he carries a grudge and thinks of himself as a Cardinal.

But I'd rather have an analyst that is honest and isn't a Kool aide homer.

Jack Snow is probably one the the purest Rams and at times could be a homer. But I can remember plenty of other times where he'd just unload on the team. Especially during the Pretty Tony Banks year.

by PARAM
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:amazingly, it seems, goff is #3 on the rams most tds in a season list behind warner while stafford is on pace to move into 2nd place this season (albeit with 17 games).

Stafford has 12 in 5 games, 2.4 per game which equates to 38.4 over 16 games. Second place in 16 games, no asterisk needed. :D But we better save that * because there's a chance he ties or surpasses 41 (2.4 x 17g = 40.8).

by aeneas1
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

azramsfan93 wrote:Stafford has 12 TD passes through 5 games. That translates to 41 through 17 games which ties Warner for most in a season. So he is on pace to tie for 1st, not second.

12 / 5 = 2.4
2.4 x 17 = 40.8

how many did warner throw that currently puts him at #1?

by aeneas1
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Stafford has 12 in 5 games, 2.4 per game which equates to 38.4 over 16 games. Second place in 16 games, no asterisk needed. :D But we better save that * because there's a chance he ties or surpasses 41 (2.4 x 17g = 40.8).

yep, again, staff's on pace to come in #2 (with 17 games), but could easily up his pace and pass warner...

p.manning averaged 3.44 td passes per game in 2013 for a total of 55, which is the most in a season in nfl history - brady and mahomes averaged 3.13 per game for 50 in 2007 and 2018 respectively, tied for second most in nfl history.

thru all of the games played so far this season only mahomes is averaging over 3.0 tds per game but is not on pace to top p.manning's 2013 record, in fact he's the only qb on pace to top 50 pass tds in thru 17 games in 2021, but of course it's still early.

by azramsfan93
2 years 6 months ago
Pro Bowl

aeneas1 wrote:12 / 5 = 2.4
2.4 x 17 = 40.8

how many did warner throw that currently puts him at #1?

He threw 41. If you think Matthew is going to throw 40.8 TDs this year then he would be 2nd. Personally, I would follow mathematical rounding rules and say he is on pace for 41.

by azramsfan93
2 years 6 months ago
Pro Bowl

PARAM wrote:Stafford has 12 in 5 games, 2.4 per game which equates to 38.4 over 16 games. Second place in 16 games, no asterisk needed. :D But we better save that * because there's a chance he ties or surpasses 41 (2.4 x 17g = 40.8).

There is no asterisk in these kinds of records. If you do use an asterisk then Eric Dickerson is not the single season rushing record holder, OJ Simpson is:

2003/14 = 143.07 yds per game
2105/16 = 131.56 yds per game

If Stafford throws 41 then he ties Warner. If he throws 42 then he is the all time leader.

• 7 / 9
81 posts Apr 19 2024