5 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by AvengerRam
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

This one comes from the folks at ProFootballReference.

Pressure %, defined as hurries/QB hits/sacks allowed, as a percentage of pass attempts.

2020: 20.0%
2021: 6.8%

Of course, 2021 is a small sample size, but this is a trend that bodes well for the Rams.

Is it because of better OL play, better QB play, or a more credible deep threat keeping defenders out of the box? Answer: yes.

Another reason I chose this as the Stat of the Week is that there is only one team in the NFL that is allowing a lower pressure rate than the Rams: Tampa Bay Bucs at 6.7%.

QB pressure will be a huge factor in next week's showdown against the defending champs.

by majik
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1201  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

What is our Defense’s pressure rates against other offenses?

by AvengerRam
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

majik wrote:What is our Defense’s pressure rates against other offenses?

Interestingly, that # is down from 23.4% last year to 9.0% over the first two games. I think that is, in part, due to the # of short passes being thrown against us. The average depth of target against us this year is 4.7 yards/attempt, down from 6.9 yards/attempt last year.

FWIW, Tampa's pressure rate is also down from 27.5% last season to 8.0% over two games.

by HellRam
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   436  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

The oline in pass protection has been drastically better so far this year.

We've faced 2 real good D fronts as well. So it's not like they are beating up on weaker competition.

by 69RamFan
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3169  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

In my honest opinion,

The test came against Chicago and their DL in which is one of the best in the league.

Allen held his own, especially against Hicks when he lined up in the middle.

Stafford was able to step up in the pocket.

RHav shut down OLB/Mack. We didnt hear a peep out of him.

The OL only gave up one sack and 4 QB/hits, that is outstanding, especially against the Bears front.

And that sack that was on Allen, but I'll blame that sack more on Stafford for holding on the ball too long.

My biggest fair before the season started was the protection from the OL in the middle, and the biggest test would be coming from the Bears DL... they passed with an A+ in my eyes.

So I have no fear against anyone in this league as far as pass protection from our OL.

• 1 / 1
5 posts Apr 16 2024