14 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by elmendorf
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   215  
United States of America   Pennsylvania
Rookie

Not a big poster here, but here goes...

1. Concerned about tackling (and I freely admit to PTSD from long-ago Rams defenses and their flailing/arm tackling ways) in terms of bringing RBs to ground. Too much Ogletree-style stuff going on with the lack of breaking down and bringing runners to the ground. Maybe it's just me.

2. Linebacker play seems to be missing the boat. We are getting gashed on the run with opportunities provided by our aggressive line play and then lack of fill from the LBs. Just my take.

3. I hope we are ok with Henderson. Need to have a solid running game and we are looking thin at the moment. I am a big Michel fan, but...a lot to put on him right now.

So happy to have the road win. Just concerned about the defense and...oh, yes. the ST.

by Hacksaw
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

elmendorf wrote:Not a big poster here, but here goes...

1. Concerned about tackling (and I freely admit to PTSD from long-ago Rams defenses and their flailing/arm tackling ways) in terms of bringing RBs to ground. Too much Ogletree-style stuff going on with the lack of breaking down and bringing runners to the ground. Maybe it's just me.

2. Linebacker play seems to be missing the boat. We are getting gashed on the run with opportunities provided by our aggressive line play and then lack of fill from the LBs. Just my take.

3. I hope we are ok with Henderson. Need to have a solid running game and we are looking thin at the moment. I am a big Michel fan, but...a lot to put on him right now.

So happy to have the road win. Just concerned about the defense and...oh, yes. the ST.

Good to see you elmendorf !

Agreed on all points. Still hoping this is early season adjustments but concerned its a bend don't break style on D. Eventually you run across a team that breaks you. Like next weeks opponent.

Hendi does seem a bit fragile, but let's see how he bounces back. Michel only is not going to last if Hendi is out.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2077  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

The unspecial teams seems to be the weak link.

by Hacksaw
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:The unspecial teams seems to be the weak link.

Other than kicker, I agree. Even Hekker isn't kicking that special.

by HellRam
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   436  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

Tackling has been our biggest issue this year. Still though, I'm more happy with the defense then upset.

I wasn't expecting a repeat of last year. But we should be a solid top 10 unit at worst in my opinion.

by AltiTude Ram
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2178  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

The best thing I've noticed so far is the Defense coming up with big plays when they need them.

Holding teams on 4th down is huge. It's a turnover that doesn't get enough credit.

That sack on 4th down today was a huge momentum switch as well. The offense took the ball right down the field and scored.

Ramsey INT pretty much ended the game!

When they need a big play, this Defense finds a way to make a play!

by Elvis
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I don't have a strong take on the defense yet.

Though i thought the defense of it last week was overstated and i still have the same concerns this week. Can you really give up all those yards, long time consuming drives and make it all better with turnovers and holding on 4th down? I don't think that's a recipe you can count on. I think it does matter if the other team isn't punting very much.

Every week is different, its own thing but Tampa Bay is probably a whole different class of offense than the Bears and Colts were.

I'm certainly interested to see how our defense does against them...

by PARAM
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I don't have a strong take on the defense yet.

Though i thought the defense of it last week was overstated and i still have the same concerns this week. Can you really give up all those yards, long time consuming drives and make it all better with turnovers and holding on 4th down? I don't think that's a recipe you can count on. I think it does matter if the other team isn't punting very much.

Every week is different, its own thing but Tampa Bay is probably a whole different class of offense than the Bears and Colts were.

I'm certainly interested to see how our defense does against them...

The defense has got to be better to beat Tampa. Chicago turned the ball over 4 times on downs and twice on turnovers, Indy once on downs and twice on turnovers. Can we really expect that to continue vs the Bucs? I don't think so. We either need to tighten up the D or score 50 on them, IMO.

by AltiTude Ram
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2178  
United States of America   Denver
Pro Bowl

PARAM wrote:The defense has got to be better to beat Tampa. Chicago turned the ball over 4 times on downs and twice on turnovers, Indy once on downs and twice on turnovers. Can we really expect that to continue vs the Bucs? I don't think so. We either need to tighten up the D or score 50 on them, IMO.

Expect it to continue!

This team comes up big on both sides of the ball.

I don't expect you to have any finger nails but I do expect the Rams will make some more big plays.

Stops on 4th down.....INT's in the Redzone....Answering with scores on Offense....

Did I mention 4th down stops?

The Rams are growing right in front of our eyes. :D

by Haden
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   2132  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

I have not been that impressed with the D overall. Teams that are not good offensively, are moving the ball against us. Cincy's D shut the bears down better than we did! :o :o Maybe its just me and he certainly still creates havoc in the trenches, but it seems like AD is starting to slow down. 1 sack in two games. Tampa will show whether the D is real or just benefitted by two weak offenses to start.

Offensively, the run games was better. O line blocking seems good. Would like to see others than Kupp step up though.

BTW, Hekker's best days are behind him.

All in all, can't bitch about 2-0. I just have a feeling that the defense has lost too many key folks.

• 1 / 2
14 posts Apr 16 2024