14 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by AvengerRam
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I think that some of what we're seeing on defense is by design. In the preseason, the starters hardly played, and there were no reps for the starting unit as a whole. It stands to reason that (particularly given the addition of some new starters) the unit will not be 100% in synch at the start of the season. So, to counterbalance that, the Rams have been playing a fairly conservative, bend don't break, style of defense.

The question is... will the Rams be able to pump up the pressure and tighten things up as starting unit comes together.

by faulkrram
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   269  
United States of America   Vermeil Country
Rookie

Agree with all points made here. The only time the D is affective is when the O is in predictable downs. Not much disquising or stunting with the Lb's. LB's are the weakest link and in the 1st 2 games missed tackles and easy completions especially on the edge are killing them so far. Missed assignments are bad. having a TE wide open 20 yds on the sideline on a 3rd down is not going to cut it against ANY team in the West. Looks like any team with a good run game will keep the defense on the field and the offense twiddling their thumbs. Time of possession will wear down the D, so they better start getting some turn overs. Just not the talent this year so hopefully the injuries are minimal. So far I'm not sold on the hype of a Super bowl team considering how many good NFL teams there are this year. But we'll see... GO RAMS!!!

by PARAM
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Now that I've had time to sleep on it.....

Sure.......

we missed some tackles
we've blown some coverages
we've had some ST errors

but......

we're 2-0
we get turnovers
we stop teams on 4th down
we score a lot of points

and.....

What NFL team has been superb so far this season?

SF? Arizona? Tampa? Carolina? Denver? Las Vegas?

I'd say the Raiders have been the most impressive but they're in the AFC

by max
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Regarding the defense, here's what we've got that sets us apart.

Donald and Ramsey are closers. When we have the lead late in the game, McVay leans on them to close, cause that's when those two raise their game to superstar level. No other SB contender has two guy on defense that match AD and Ramsey. As long as they stay healthy, the defense will be just fine.

• 2 / 2
14 posts Apr 16 2024