33 posts
  • 1 / 4
 by AvengerRam
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

1. Every win feels good...

2. ...but that was a bit closer than it should have been.

3. Okay, the Colts got a free 7 points off a fluke play, so there is that.

4. The defense is not fully in synch, in my estimation. I think they'll get there, though. Sooner rather than later, I hope.

5. Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey had big plays late. Guess that's why we pay them the big bucks.

6. Sebastian Joseph-Day has really made himself into a player, and this may have been his best game as a pro (9 tackles, 1 sack, 2 QB hits). You can also see how Donald reacts to him... he knows that SJD really works at his craft.

7. Matthew Stafford faced a higher degree of difficulty today. He wasn't perfect, but he was pretty darn good.

8. Cooper Kupp is having an All-Pro season. He is the complete package.

9. I didn't love the run call to Kupp on 3rd down on the go-ahead drive, but I understand the thought behind it. Colts called a perfect run blitz and Higbee really had no chance of picking it up.

10. In two games, the Rams have trailed for a total of 2:03 minutes (the time it took for the Rams to strike back after the punt gaffe).

11. FWIW, the Rams have defeated two 2020 playoff teams who had a combined record of 32-19 last year.

12. If you're reaction to #11 is, "yeah, but the teams the Rams beat aren't really that good," then I guess you're not impressed with the 49ers' start against Detroit and Philly (9-23 last year, combined) either.

13. Darrell Henderson did some good things but, man... that guy has trouble staying healthy. Hopefully his rib injury is minor and won't keep him out against Tampa next week. We're going to need all hands on deck.

14. Liked what I saw from Sony Michel in his limited action spelling Henderson. Really glad to have him on the roster.

15. Matt Gay looks really solid. Remember the adventure we had at PK at the start of last year. Ugh... don't ever want to go through that again.

16. Wentz showed flashes of the things that made Eagle fans so optimistic about him a few years back, but man... there's another guy who can't stay healthy.

17. Kenny Young's ejection was a bad moment. Who were the two guys who gave him a much needed talking-to... Donald and Ramsey, of course.

18. Out of the gate, the rookie who has seen the most playing time: Robert Rochell. Can't say I called that one. On the flip side, Terrell Burgess is really struggling to find a role coming back from his injury.

19. The OL is holding up nicely over the first two weeks.

20. Really looking forward to see how this team looks against the defending champs next week!

by snackdaddy
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

What is interesting, it does appear the defense is not there yet. But they've only given up 31 defensive points in two games. 15.5 points per game. That is pretty good in the age of offensive scoring. Seems like they've taken a bend but don't break approach so far. Not sure how long they can keep it up. That approach limits our offensive chances and keeps the defense on the field longer.

by Hacksaw
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

If the Buc's score holds up, next weekend will be a match up between the Buc's and the last team to beat them, , us guys.

by ramsman34
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8522  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

AvengerRam wrote:1. Every win feels good...

2. ...but that was a bit closer than it should have been.

3. Okay, the Colts got a free 7 points off a fluke play, so there is that.

4. The defense is not fully in synch, in my estimation. I think they'll get there, though. Sooner rather than later, I hope.

5. Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey had big plays late. Guess that's why we pay them the big bucks.

6. Sebastian Joseph-Day has really made himself into a player, and this may have been his best game as a pro (9 tackles, 1 sack, 2 QB hits). You can also see how Donald reacts to him... he knows that SJD really works at his craft.

7. Matthew Stafford faced a higher degree of difficulty today. He wasn't perfect, but he was pretty darn good.

8. Cooper Kupp is having an All-Pro season. He is the complete package.

Better be All Pro this year

9. I didn't love the run call to Kupp on 3rd down on the go-ahead drive, but I understand the thought behind it. Colts called a perfect run blitz and Higbee really had no chance of picking it up.

Dumb as fuck call.

10. In two games, the Rams have trailed for a total of 2:03 minutes (the time it took for the Rams to strike back after the punt gaffe).

11. FWIW, the Rams have defeated two 2020 playoff teams who had a combined record of 32-19 last year.

12. If you're reaction to #11 is, "yeah, but the teams the Rams beat aren't really that good," then I guess you're not impressed with the 49ers' start against Detroit and Philly (9-23 last year, combined) either.

13. Darrell Henderson did some good things but, man... that guy has trouble staying healthy. Hopefully his rib injury is minor and won't keep him out against Tampa next week. We're going to need all hands on deck.

We will likely lose next week. I don’t get how the D has dropped off from the end of last season. Oh ya, no JJ. That’s a BIG deal.

14. Liked what I saw from Sony Michel in his limited action spelling Henderson. Really glad to have him on the roster.

He will be our lead back from Hence forth, out of necessity.

15. Matt Gay looks really solid. Remember the adventure we had at PK at the start of last year. Ugh... don't ever want to go through that again.

16. Wentz showed flashes of the things that made Eagle fans so optimistic about him a few years back, but man... there's another guy who can't stay healthy.

17. Kenny Young's ejection was a bad moment. Who were the two guys who gave him a much needed talking-to... Donald and Ramsey, of course.

18. Out of the gate, the rookie who has seen the most playing time: Robert Rochell. Can't say I called that one. On the flip side, Terrell Burgess is really struggling to find a role coming back from his injury.

Rapp>Vurgess???? Really???

19. The OL is holding up nicely over the first two weeks.

20. Really looking forward to see how this team looks against the defending champs next week!

Again, we lose. Might get smoked. This team isn’t ready for upper level play, IMO.

by AvengerRam
2 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Again, we lose. Might get smoked. This team isn’t ready for upper level play, IMO.

Again?

Guess we'll see next week. I think this team will show up strong.

by Hacksaw
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Match ups baby. Gotta get to old man Brady. The BradyBucs are beatable but we will need to be firing on all cylinders...

by AvengerRam
2 years 6 months ago
Hall of Fame

The Bucs' offense is humming, no doubt, but their defense gave up 29 to the Cowboys last week, and 25 in 3 quarters against Atlanta today (so far) both at home.

Should be fun!

by safer
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

And......the Bucs are "hanging on" vs. the lowly Falcons--only up by 3 pts!

by PARAM
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12241  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:What is interesting, it does appear the defense is not there yet. But they've only given up 31 defensive points in two games. 15.5 points per game. That is pretty good in the age of offensive scoring. Seems like they've taken a bend but don't break approach so far. Not sure how long they can keep it up. That approach limits our offensive chances and keeps the defense on the field longer.

The defense took a few games to gel last year.

by PARAM
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   12241  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Again, we lose. Might get smoked. This team isn’t ready for upper level play, IMO.

That's one way to look at it but......

....it's early. There's time to become upper level. And in the meantime, we're 2-0. Better than being lower level and 0-2! :D

But IMO we are upper level. And we'll get better

Edit: After watching Seattle and Arizona allow comebacks (not.to mention SF), who in the West looks "upper level"?

• 1 / 4
33 posts Apr 18 2024