17 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by HellRam
2 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   436  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Starter

Now this post got me banned on anouther board! :lol2:

However, this place has always had more sensible mods.

Regarding last game vs the Bears.

It hasn't been brought up by any in the media or fans. Not that media is all that bright to begin with in most instances. But McVay's offense was like nothing we have seen from him. 2 back sets, lots of shotgun, running from the shotgun (McVay never does this), more reciever sets, less bunch and more spread, sprinkled with some 12 personnel sets as well. Don't think I've seen this many looks under McVay.

It was the most diverse offense we've seen from McVay. Far from then usual running plays in zone under the center and basing everything off that. I've been arguing for this 2 plus years now but it's nice to see some actual creativity from McVay instead of running his same ol offense and hoping that it works.

Obviously, Staffords talent plays a role here due to the fact he can do stuff Goff cannot. That said, the change up of scheme was a more then welcome sight.

Good stuff and hope it keeps up!

Go Rams!!!

by PARAM
2 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

That post got you banned? From where?

by HellRam
2 years 7 months ago
Starter

PARAM wrote:That post got you banned? From where?

laramsfans . com

Apparently there wasn't enough Goff hate in it. Go figure lol.

Anyway...that site has gone to crap anyways. The same handfull of posters posting the same crap day in and day out. Most of it just bashing anyone who has a different opinion.

I'll be here more often and really I should have came much sooner as 69ramfan did. This place has always been well run by elvis. Plus aeneas is arguably the best Rams poster on any board.

by ramsman34
2 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Ya. That’s weird (getting banned). That’s a solid take. I noticed that as well but until now didnt really think about HOW different it really was. Great observation HR!!

by ramsman34
2 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

I think he is becoming the Mad Scientist Part 2; he can literally run almost any offensive set, formation, motion, and play he wants.

by Rams1PlateSince1976
2 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2079  
Pro Bowl

Wait for the next game when he re-introduces the single wing offense!

by HellRam
2 years 7 months ago
Starter

ramsman34 wrote:Ya. That’s weird (getting banned). That’s a solid take. I noticed that as well but until now didnt really think about HOW different it really was. Great observation HR!!

Thanks. A few others thought it was a solid take as well. It was more so the discourse following that got me banned. And by discourse I mean a couple of intolerant individuals mocking my viewpoint. It's all good though. I'm actually glad the banned happen. I really had no business partaking in nonsense to begin with.

Now I won't lie I've been critical of McVay in the past. However, I really liked what I saw vs Chicago.

Looking forward to Sunday!!!

by Kid Charlamagne
2 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   533  
Veteran

So why now? I don’t know why you wouldn’t be able to run the ball out of shotgun before and there was a time when Goff threw a very nice deep ball.

by HellRam
2 years 7 months ago
Starter

Kid Charlamagne wrote:So why now? I don’t know why you wouldn’t be able to run the ball out of shotgun before and there was a time when Goff threw a very nice deep ball.

Good and valid question in my opinion. I remember seeing a stat that alluded to the fact McVay virtually never ran out of the shotgun. I believe aeneas1 posted the stat at one point if I'm not mistaken.

I guess better late then never....

by 69RamFan
2 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   3172  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

HellRam wrote:laramsfans . com

Apparently there wasn't enough Goff hate in it. Go figure lol.

Anyway...that site has gone to crap anyways. The same handfull of posters posting the same crap day in and day out. Most of it just bashing anyone who has a different opinion.

I'll be here more often and really I should have came much sooner as 69ramfan did. This place has always been well run by elvis. Plus aeneas is arguably the best Rams poster on any board.

Whats up HR,

Don't worry, you won't be missing much,,,

I didn't get banned, I just left because I got tired of all the negativity within each year when the team came back to L.A. while trying to be a fan, and putting in my stats as a contribution for others to see. Not trying to be negative or positive, but as a fan, I'm going look more on the positive side, then some negative poster tried to gang up on me when I said something positive, then I notice others started to follow and tried to ride the wave for the intial negativity.

So it was time to move on...

Plus being a member here after one year when the RAMs came back, I would come here every now and then, and never felt any negativity towards an individual members on the
board.
I remember when I went to camp a couple of years ago I took videos and met some of the guys from here at camp, and I couldn't post those vids on the other site cause it wasn't working, but over here, A1 help me post them on here,,, and everyone seemed to appreciate it.

Over there it started to get into a personal attack, plus It was hard for me to leave because I felt I was one of the original members but that ship as sailed and I'm happy here...

• 1 / 2
17 posts Apr 19 2024