15 posts
  • 2 / 2
 by phoenixrising
2 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

If you want to see the Stafford difference, look at the Woods TD pass from a couple yards out. Mack would've had Goff dead to rights for a sack. Stafford took a couple quick steps up in the pocket and got the pass off. There were a couple other times Stafford stepped up into the pocket which was a refreshing change from Goff's natural inclination to fade back.

by PARAM
2 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Haden wrote:I wasn't that impressed with the run blocking for the first 3 quarters

Agree. Henderson and Woods had 8 carries for 19 yards through 3 quarters, although one (1 yard) was a TD. In the 4th quarter, Henderson had 9 for 58 (6.2) and that was equally confusing because Chicago had to know the Rams were running.

by SolarRam
2 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   140  
United States of America   San Diego, CA
Practice Squad

I agree, Stafford's quick feet, smarts and approach to getting the ball out help make the OL acceptable.....
I can only imagine the huddle: "guys...give me 1.1 seconds and we're good to go......

Our QB makes everyone around him better...thank god!!!!!!!

by /zn/
2 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

SolarRam wrote:I agree, Stafford's quick feet, smarts and approach to getting the ball out help make the OL acceptable.....
I can only imagine the huddle: "guys...give me 1.1 seconds and we're good to go......

Our QB makes everyone around him better...thank god!!!!!!!

It's a good OL regardless. In its own right. Stafford had a good OL the last couple of years in Detroit too.

You screw this OL up as bad as 2019, though, and it will have an effect. Let's call this the "Mahomes effect." Mahomes is strictly speaking a better talent than most qbs in NFL history, including Stafford, and he could not overcome a broken OL in 2020. Once the LOT went out it was the last straw and he did not manage to "elevate" the injury-replacement OL he played behind in the superbowl.

• 2 / 2
15 posts Apr 19 2024