32 posts
  • 1 / 4
 by ziggy
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   596  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Interesting note about SOFI being loud. Mentioned that Brady said it was one of the loudest. McVay echoes that point.

Great to hear. Nice job on stadium design. From the stands, it sounds loud. Apparently, it focuses the sound onto the field-- enough to effect Brady. Gotta feel good about getting that little bit of home field advantage at SOFI.

by ramsman34
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Was at a number of games at the TWA/Ed Jones Dome in STL. The Monday night game after they won SB34 was so loud my ears rang for a day or two. Super down MNF GSOT loud but not insane. Century link or whatever it’s called now, friggin almost as loud as the STL dome. And that stupid half stadium call and answer chant. Sea……..Hawks. But that is my litmus test. I will be at the Lions game and will give ya my opinion as to how loud. The loudest fans are usually in the upper half of the stadium. Stan knows this and hopefully had his archs/engineers design the sound reflection and acoustics accordingly.

by ramsman34
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Wait, and this is with 70,000 wearing masks, right. Just think how loud it will be when this Covid shit is over 😎

by ziggy
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   596  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Maybe… maybe 20% wearing masks. It’s just not enforceable or pleasant thing to do during a good football game.

However, for the Lions game— LA city will mandate either proof of vaccine or negative COVID test. We’ll see how that plays out in SOFI.

by 69RamFan
2 years 6 months ago
 Total posts:   3171  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:Was at a number of games at the TWA/Ed Jones Dome in STL. The Monday night game after they won SB34 was so loud my ears rang for a day or two. Super down MNF GSOT loud but not insane. Century link or whatever it’s called now, friggin almost as loud as the STL dome. And that stupid half stadium call and answer chant. Sea……..Hawks. But that is my litmus test. I will be at the Lions game and will give ya my opinion as to how loud. The loudest fans are usually in the upper half of the stadium. Stan knows this and hopefully had his archs/engineers design the sound reflection and acoustics accordingly.

I'll be at the Lions game too,

As for the design, I think because how the stadium is built underground, that the sound can't exscape and can only go up and bounce off the canopy

• 1 / 4
32 posts Apr 18 2024