128 posts
  • 2 / 13
 by ramsman34
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

My guess is like 3-5 spots. Just not sure which positions. Probably LB, Edge, DBs, TE. And with Ben Skow injury, T Jack probably makes the roster at WR with Skow to PS.

The OP pretty much nailed it. But could always have a surprise or two.

by Hacksaw
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Perkins impressed. Enough for Wolford to start looking over his shoulder?

by Elvis
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Hacksaw wrote:Perkins impressed. Enough for Wolford to start looking over his shoulder?

I would guess zero chance of that but i think Perkins might have a shot at Taysom Hill type role and make the team that way.

by Hacksaw
2 years 8 months ago

I'm still not getting the Wolford phenomenon. I just haven't seen enough. He went down relatively quick.

by Elvis
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Hacksaw wrote:I'm still not getting the Wolford phenomenon. I just haven't seen enough. He went down relatively quick.

McVay likes him and that's all that matters.

In camp neither Duck nor Perkins took any snaps in the 11 on 11s where the ones and twos compete.

I'm not sure Wolford would've played any preseason even without the appendix. He's important to McVay.

All IMO obviously...

by Hacksaw
2 years 8 months ago

At 6'3", 215 pounds and running a 4.55 40-yard dash, Perkins has a unique skill set.
But your comparison to Hill is a good one E. At 6'2", 220 lbs Hill ran a 4.45 40-yard dash. And both can sling it.

by 69RamFan
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   3171  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Updated OP

I like the improvement of Perkins,,,
I still think he's heading back to the PS.

Most teams in this league will do the samething keeping their 3rd string QB on the PS due to Covid.

So I dont see many teams trying to pull a QB from the PS to their 53 man roster taking up a space and trying to learn a all new playbook.

As for the offense, the open spots where players will be competing between one or two spots, are: whether the Rams keep 5/6/WR, 3/4/TE or 9/10/OL.

On the defense side of the ball.
There is plenty of competion, on the DL, Edge, ILB, CB & S all trying to fight for a spot.
We are deep on the DL and S..... gonna be some tough cuts, but I can see them being put on the PS if they don't get picked up by other teams.

by 69RamFan
2 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   3171  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

Just to add:

As I stated, most of the nfl league will keep a number 3 QB on the PS. So we shouldn't see anyone trying to poach a QB from our PS.

Plus I see us having a vet RB on the PS until he gets up to speed with the playbook.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/318 ... rules-2021

NFL to carry over flexible roster rules for 2021 season

The NFL will carry over a series of 2020 roster rules designed to maintain adequate numbers if players are sidelined by positive COVID-19 tests.

The decision had been long anticipated but was confirmed during a media briefing Friday by Dawn Aponte, the NFL's chief football administrative officer.

The rules include:

Expansion of practice squads to 16 players, including up to six who have more than two accrued seasons.

The ability to protect up to four practice squad players per week from being signed by other teams.

Elevation of up to two practice squad players to the active roster, without removing any current players, before 4 p.m. ET the day before a game.

Elevation of an additional practice squad player within 90 minutes before kickoff in the event of a late COVID-19 positive test result.

Players placed on injured reserve can return after three weeks, rather than six as in normal seasons.

Removal of the limit for how many players can be activated from injured reserve.

The NFL pointed to these rules last season as its reason for refusing to postpone games when COVID-19 protocols put teams at extreme competitive disadvantages, such as when the Denver Broncos were forced to play the New Orleans Saints with all four of the quarterbacks on their roster sidelined. The same will be true in 2021, Aponte said.

"Games will not be postponed to avoid roster issues," she said.

The majority of NFL teams will report to training camp next week. As of Friday morning, 80% of players had at least started the vaccination process, according to chief medical officer Dr. Allen Sills. Nine teams have at least 90% of their players in the vaccination process, and all but five teams are at 70% or above, Sills added.

Sixteen NFL teams have hit a vaccination rate of 85% or higher, a source told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.

by JackPMiller
2 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

I can't believe they already have mock draft simulators for the 2022 NFL Draft up already.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine
- Click on Rams, click next,
- Look up, click on where the number of rounds, by clicking on 1 button. That is first round only. Click on 7.

This is what I ended up on this sit for our Rams.

62. Rasheed Walker OT Penn State
94. Cade Mays IOL Tennessee
100. Chase Lucas CB Arizona State
141. Joey Porter Jr. CB Penn State
172. Nick Brahms IOL Auburn
208. Christian Jones OT Texas
211. Damone Jones LB LSU
212. Tyler Johnson Edge Arizona State
213. Jerrion Ealy RB Ole Miss
245. Dante Stills DT West Virginia

• 2 / 13
128 posts Apr 18 2024