Pro Bowl

Whew... Dodged a bullet there.

by CanuckRightWinger
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Two Questions:
1. Given all the Draft treasure forfeited for him, and the resultant Ramsnation jubulant optimism for our team's 2021 fortunes, with the Matthew Stafford signing....
Exactly how morbidly & despairingly sick would Rams fans had been, not to mention McSnead, had Stafford actually broken his thumb on Aaron Donald's helmet yesterday? :cry2: :cry2:

2. How much actual trouble would it be to wear those foam-topped helmets for Rams practices? :?2:

Just askin' :idea2:

by actionjack
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   3963  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Two Questions:
1. Given all the Draft treasure forfeited for him, and the resultant Ramsnation jubulant optimism for our team's 2021 fortunes, with the Matthew Stafford signing....
Exactly how morbidly & despairingly sick would Rams fans had been, not to mention McSnead, had Stafford actually broken his thumb on Aaron Donald's helmet yesterday? :cry2: :cry2:

2. How much actual trouble would it be to wear those foam-topped helmets for Rams practices? :?2:

Just askin' :idea2:

Actually a pretty great idea for the DL to wear a padded helmet or no helmet.

by snackdaddy
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   9662  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

A few days and a preseason game I can live with. Did anyone think he would play in that game anyway? We already know what Stafford can do. This gives Wolford some valuable time with the 1's. If Stafford goes down at any point he's the next man up.

by aeneas1
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

i think more than a few lions fans (and/or goff fans) were hoping for the worst given some of the mean tweets i came across after the thumb news was announced - more than a few blasted mcvay for not having defensive linemen sport inexpensive exterior helmet padding like other teams are doing, lots of others tweeting "stafford hurt already, gee what a surprise" stuff... at least a couple of guys tweeted a version of this, which i had seen several times before "stafford, a first overall pick who has underachieved for a dozen years, who is now an elite qb after joining the rams despite not playing a down"... fans, gotta love 'em!

by AvengerRam
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:i think more than a few lions fans (and/or goff fans) were hoping for the worst given some of the mean tweets i came across after the thumb news was announced - more than a few blasted mcvay for not having defensive linemen sport inexpensive exterior helmet padding like other teams are doing, lots of others tweeting "stafford hurt already, gee what a surprise" stuff... at least a couple of guys tweeted a version of this, which i had seen several times before "stafford, a first overall pick who has underachieved for a dozen years, who is now an elite qb after joining the rams despite not playing a down"... fans, gotta love 'em!

Reason number 2,138 why I stay away from Twitter.

by CanuckRightWinger
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Thanks to aeneas1 for accurately categorizing Stafford's Ill-Wishing/Questioning Groups. 8-)
If I may be permitted to condense & summarize them in my own words:

1. Guys who wished Stafford a permanently paralyzed throwing thumb forever.
2. Guys who wondered aloud why McVay employed no padding atop Ram DL practice helmets.
3. Guys who chirped, "Gee, perpetually brittle Stafford, hurt again? Quelle surprise!!"
4. Guys teasing "Why would historically overrated & underachieving Stafford suddenly be hot shit now, with Los Ramos?"

Canuck's rejoinder to the 4 Groups above:
For Group #1. "Hear Ye, Hear Ye....I wish a pox upon all of your houses!!!" :shock2: :arrow2: :x

#2. An insightful question given the potential risk to a major team asset. Remember...that to question authorities' decisions in never a vice! :idea2:
.....unless if you are a subordinate in a military combat situation!! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:

#3. Ah, for the sarcastic crowd who love to deal in perplexing irony:
SO....May your "innocent" teenage daughters in High School all be voted "MOST LIKELY TO CONCEIVE!" :?

#4. FACT:
Self-doubting/risk-averse guys like these, substituting for Admiral Chester Nimitz, would never have sunk 4 Jap Carriers at Midway!!! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:

Cheers from SUNNY Vancouver.....would'ya believe tomorrow will be 50 Days of NO-RAIN in a row!!??!! :o

by Rams1PlateSince1976
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   2084  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Padded helmet seems like a very good idea in limited/no contact practices. Is there a down side to them?

Good Midway reference Canuck. One of my most read WW2 battles. Those poor guys flying in the Devastators.

• 1 / 3
21 posts Apr 26 2024