20 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by Elvis
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

He posts these at ROD and has asked me to also post them here.

Day 1:

Just got back from TC. Lots of fans, 85+ F. Hooked up with VFR, had our inaugural beer and got down to watching some Ram practice.
Used a voice recorder so I'm going to write as I playback, so it will be a kind of mish-mash of info as we saw what we had in front of us.

All players were good to go. Only TuTu and Cam Akers only players not suited up.
We had players field from the punt machine first. Landon Akers 84, Tristen Jackson 83, JJ Koski 17,J erimiah Haydel 18, and Ben Skowronek 81 and Ray Calias 30 all took turns. Calais looked the most fluid and fielded all of his the cleanest. Haydel has good hands.
Next had QB's warming up. Stafford has lots of zip. Nice tight spirell. Wolford and Price too.

Well there goes the recorder. From here on I' going on memory.

All the different position groups were sectioned off at different parts of both fields. We had WR's and QB's doing short routes without DB's. then later they did seen on sevens, then 11 on 11.

OL, DL, and LB's were never in front of us, so I can only comment on what we saw 11 on 11. Offense ones scrummed against Defense twos. O twos vs D ones.

Here's who we saw on 1st team O. LT Whitworth, LG Edwards, C Corbett, RG Evans, RT Havenstien. Corbett looked good snapping the ball, didn't see any problem with exchanges with Stafford. O twos Noteboom Lt, Brewer LG, Allen C, Shelton RG, Anchrum RT. Was hard to get the D down. D ones- AShawn Robinson DL. SJD DL, AD Dl. Floyd, Hollins DE, Kenny Young ILB, Kiser ILB Obo and Howard in and out with ones and twos. Fuller S (wearing the green dot) Rapp S, Williams DB, Ramsey DB, Long Slot. Defense two's Bobby Brown III DL, Gaines DL, Copeland DL, ( Hoecht and Silvanic also got snaps in with twos at DL) Lewis DE, Lawler DE, Jones ILB, Reeder ILB, Obo OLB, Rochell DB, Donte Deyon slot Burgess S, Nick Scott S. There were alot of substitutions with the second teams, not so much with first teams. I thin everyone got to play in 11 on 11.

11 on 11 was really fun to watch. Stafford running the ones with Henderson, XJones Calais and Funk all getting reps. Looked to like they targeted Funk the most. He got the most touches I think. ran the ball and went out for screens. He looks capable. Hendo only played with the ones. The other RB's played with ones and twos.

Stafford looked sharp. All the throws i saw were hitting them on the numbers and in stride. Quick release.

WR's looked sharp also. Catching everything. Kupp making a couple circus catches. Woods, Jefferson made good grabs.

Then there's new guy DeSean Jackson. He snagged a deep ball (maybe 45yarder?) after beating his guy. Jackson came out smiling and joking to begin the day while he was stretching with Kupp and Woods. Looks like these guys have been working together with Stafford this off season.

Other guys worth noting, Burgess got a pick, Ramsey on his game knocking balls away from WR's. Bobby Brown gave OL ones fits.

About all I can remember without damn Chinese POS recorder. Going to Best Buy tomorrow for one that a Neaderthal can work.

Today was only the first day of TC, everything they did was just basic stuff to get back in rythem. I expect them to go harder at it in the coming days.

I'll be keep tabs on this thread so if you have questions, ask here, you may jog my memory.

More after tomorrow's practice.

by Elvis
2 years 8 months ago
Administrator

More Day 1 from bubba:

Here's my personel thoughts on todays practice. Stafford is a definate upgrade over Goff, I don; think we have to worry yet about RB's. Henderson, Jones and Calais are good. Funk looked REALLY good today. Just the first day though.

Terrell Lewis Looked fully healthy and got a lot of snaps with the D twos. Was interesting Rapp played with the O ones and Burgess with the O twos.

Corbett and Stafford looked to have good exchanges and Corbett seemed to keep Matt clean.

Oh and Den, #44Steve Wirtel did the long snapping for Gay, with Wolford or Hekker holding.

This team look good. Big difference from the first TC I attended two years ago.

by Claremontram
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   226  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

These TC reports are much appreciated.

by aeneas1
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

bubbramfan wrote:Stafford looked sharp. All the throws i saw were hitting them on the numbers and in stride... . Kupp making a couple circus catches. Woods, Jefferson made good grabs.

eh? i guess those throws were from wolford and the backups? :D

anyway, good stuff, and good to see mcvay get a seasoned vet qb to work with, who's played at a high level, it must have bugged the shit out of mcvay that his protoge, lafleur, got rodgers and has ranked 5th in offensive over the past 2 seasons while mcvay has ranked bottom half of the league, 18th, with goff. :shock2:

by phoenixrising
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

aeneas1 wrote:eh? i guess those throws were from wolford and the backups? :D

anyway, good stuff, and good to see mcvay get a seasoned vet qb to work with, who's played at a high level, it must have bugged the shit out of mcvay that his protoge, lafleur, got rodgers and has ranked 5th in offensive over the past 2 seasons while mcvay has ranked bottom half of the league, 18th, with goff. :shock2:

Losing to GB in the playoffs really seemed to get to McVay. He developed Rodgers envy.

by Elvis
2 years 8 months ago
Administrator

phoenixrising wrote:Losing to GB in the playoffs really seemed to get to McVay. He developed Rodgers envy.

Have you been to camp yet? Got any insights for us? I figure to be there a couple times next week...

by phoenixrising
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

Elvis wrote:Have you been to camp yet? Got any insights for us? I figure to be there a couple times next week...

Let me know if you're going to be here. I'm here till Wed. Is Hacksaw here? I'd like to touch base with you guys. Hope to see Bubba today. Going to see Ohtani pitch Sun.

by Elvis
2 years 8 months ago
Administrator

phoenixrising wrote:Let me know if you're going to be here. I'm here till Wed. Is Hacksaw here? I'd like to touch base with you guys. Hope to see Bubba today. Going to see Ohtani pitch Sun.

I spoke too soon.

Awesome. I'll hit you up next week.

by aeneas1
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

phoenixrising wrote:Losing to GB in the playoffs really seemed to get to McVay. He developed Rodgers envy.

ha ha, so true, but mcvay seemed to have "any fuckin' qb but goff" envy long before the packers game, hell the dude seemed genuinely in love with what he saw from wolford, which worried the shit out of me, reminded me of fisher's love for keenum!

• 1 / 2
20 posts Apr 16 2024