10 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by AvengerRam
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

As most know, the best investment is one you can buy low, then sell high.

With that in mind, which player who is currently a big question mark or, perhaps, just a guy few are talking about, could you see having a breakout season and a significant impact in 2021?

Here are three guys I'm "buying":

Jake Funk: He's a penny stock at this point, but I think he could be a real value. His college career was marred by injuries, but he has been healthy of late, and followed a productive 2021 (shortened) campaign with a very nice Pro Day. Looking at his tape, he's a no-nonsense, cut and go, type runner with good vision and balance. I think he could become a complimentary player to Darrell Henderson and make a real difference.

A'Shawn Robinson: Last year, he was unable to play for the first several games, then was thrown into the mix mid-season. He's now reportedly in great shape, and will have a full training camp. And, of course, he'll rarely face double-teams playing next to a certain game wrecker. I think he'll have Rams fans quickly forgetting Michael Brockers, and carving a reputation for himself.

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo: Maybe its because I really liked the guy coming out of college... Maybe its because I don't trust that Terrell Lewis (who is a more gifted athlete) will stay healthy... But my gut tells me that Obo will emerge as a bookend for Leonard Floyd and the newest member of the "Aaron Donald made me a star" club.

Which bargain are you investing in?

by safer
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

A'Shawn because he lost weight and playing in a contract year ;)
Actually, I'd bet that the combo of Lewis and Obo will get 10+sacks combined.
Ok, what a picking pussy I am---they're all gonna play great.
To the author's point----I think Lewis could be a helluva player--I'd take him

by R4L
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1301  
United States of America   Dayton, Ohio
Pro Bowl

I'm going with Justin Hollins, Bobby Evans and David long. All of these guys are going to get a lot of playing time. Hope they come through

by Flash
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   1205  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

Jacob Harris 4th rounder out of UCF. Raw but may have high upside at TE.

by ramsman34
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Justin Hollins
Brycen Hopkins
Austin Corbett

by /zn/
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

I like this draft and the potential in it.

Guys like Ernest Jones, Bobby Brown, Robert Rochell, Jacob Harris, and Chris Garrett.

They don't all look like the wishful thinking kind of potential either. I really think that 2 or 3 of those guys at least will live up to their potential.

./...

by Claremontram
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   226  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Robert Rochell will surprise a lot of folks; pencil him in as a nickel CB.

by /zn/
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Claremontram wrote:Robert Rochell will surprise a lot of folks; pencil him in as a nickel CB.

Fwiw, D.Wms likes him

from https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2021/0 ... te-corner/

Darious Williams thinks [highly] of Rochell, saying he has everything it takes to not just be great, but an elite cornerback.

“Scooter, he’s going to be a player,” Williams said Tuesday. “He’s explosive. He’s got everything in his body to become an elite corner. If I can help him, just like anybody else, as much as I can, knowledge, I can give it to him and that’s going to increase their level, their game, that’s what I’m going to try to do. He’s real eager–him, Brontae Harris, those younger guys are real eager to learn. They’re really eager to get better. I just try to give them all the techniques I know and let them take off.”

by Elvis
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

If you really want to buy low, how 'bout Brian Allen? McVay is saying good things about him and i get the sense they'd like to play Corbett at guard if they can get away with it.

I like the A'Shawn buy that a lot of us are on.

Offense is dicey. Rookies often don't play much for McVay: Henderson, Brycen, VJ, etc. So maybe Harris is gonna leap frog Hopkins but i'm not sure i want to bet on it. Same with Funk and Jones...

by Elvis
2 years 8 months ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Elvis wrote:If you really want to buy low, how 'bout Brian Allen?

Should i sell my Allen stock? It may never be this high again...

• 1 / 1
10 posts Apr 18 2024