17 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by aeneas1
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

nfl.com has ranked stafford 6th among 2021 qbs, quite a jump from the 14th ranking nfl.com gave him at the end of last season, guess it's the mcvay effect? the upgrade in talent effect? the no longer in detroit effect? the all of the above effect?

pff currently ranks stafford 11th among qbs headed into 2021, up 3 slots from the 14th ranking pff gave him at the end of last season.

so where does rfu put stafford among qbs headed into 2021? 5th, 10th, higher, lower?

in fact, you play rams gm: if you could pick any current qb to pair with mcvay for the next 2 years, how many names would be on your list before stafford?

by 69RamFan
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   3176  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

For McVay's sake,,,

Stafford better end up in the top five by season end and make it to the SB.....

by snackdaddy
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   9661  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I would rate Rogers, Mahomes and maybe Josh Allen ahead of Stafford. After that it gets iffy. I would say its close and anyone's opinion on how to rank Brady, Wilson, Stafford, Jackson, Prescott, and Watson. Of those six Stafford and Brady are the best passers. The others are more mobile.

by /zn/
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   6764  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

69RamFan wrote:For McVay's sake,,,

Stafford better end up in the top five by season end and make it to the SB.....

Enh. I don't think there;s any "they better" pressure to any of this. If they don't make it all the way, McVay is not in trouble. They just re-load and go out and try it again next season.

Here;s Rodrique on that. It's from Reddit, where she responds to a question:

I’m of the opinion that if the Rams are worse this year then McVay has to be on the hot seat in 2022.

jrodrigue602Jourdan Rodrigue
I get asked this a lot – it’s a good question. And I know the TV guys are all talking about it here and there. But if I’m being honest and going with my gut, I don’t think McVay will be on the hot seat if this gamble fails. This entire new era of the org has been built with McVay at the helm, from the team-building model to so many of the decisions being made to some of the internal overhaul most people will never hear about. I don’t think you just get rid of a guy because he fails for the first time (not counting the SB, because getting there that quickly shouldn’t be considered “failing”). I’m not speaking like, to be on his “side” – it’s just my feel for how they do things. Demoff talks a lot about how one of their best weapons is continuity – having it builds a body of data to test all new decisions against, and helps make all phases more efficient/increases success rate when such tests can be conducted. If they aren’t allowed to fail here and there, they don’t have that continuity.

by Elvis
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   38495  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

The great thing about this is we get to watch and see what happens. It's not a hypothetical...

by 69RamFan
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   3176  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

/zn/ wrote:Enh. I don't think there;s any "they better" pressure to any of this. If they don't make it all the way, McVay is not in trouble. They just re-load and go out and try it again next season.

Here;s Rodrique on that. It's from Reddit, where she responds to a question:

I was speaking more of the fan base on how hot they would be, and not the organization

by /zn/
2 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

69RamFan wrote:I was speaking more of the fan base on how hot they would be, and not the organization

Okay fair enough.

I will say this though. I am not even so sure how much of the fanbase if any will turn on McVay (if that's what you mean) if they don't make it to the big show this year.

I honestly don't know but my own feeling is, it depends on why they don't make it. So many things have to work well for a team to make it to the show. The Rams will need defense, OL production, a running game, Stafford playing well, and McVay coming through with playcalling to make it. Plus luck.

I think either way, if the team shows that it is a contender, missing the big show will not turn all fans against them. It may turn some against them. Only maybe just a handful.

So you apparently have more certainty about that possible outcome than I do.

by mike schad 1st rd
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   244  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Jared Goff would have been higher than THIS...psssshhhh

by /zn/
2 years 9 months ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:The great thing about this is we get to watch and see what happens. It's not a hypothetical...

The issue isn't necessarily what will happen with the team. It's interpreting what happens.

If the Rams don't make it to the show in 2021, will their off-season changes be judged as failures?

Some may think so. I think most will not. Either way it will be a judgment call.

by Hacksaw
2 years 9 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

For heavens sake. There are no guarantees in life.
The team should do well because McV has developed a winning culture. He's not going anywhere.
Stafford will be able to do the things Goff frustrated me not being able to do. His experience will be very stabilizing.
I'm pleased with the player we chose and I believe we will see a noticeable difference in the offense this year.
6 is a respectable #, , one which could improve.

• 1 / 2
17 posts Apr 24 2024