175 posts
  • 1 / 18
 by Elvis
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38448  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Chief operating officer Kevin Demoff joined The Athletic’s “11 Personnel” podcast on Tuesday afternoon, and finally let loose a few tasty details about when Rams fans can expect the release of the alternates, and why there has been a bit of a holdup in doing so to this point.

“Our goal is before training camp,” he said, additionally citing a little-known rule as to the reason for the delay: The NFL, he said, only allows alternate jersey releases to be available for sale after July 1.

“Unless you are debuting a completely new primary set of uniforms, NFL rules basically stipulate (that) it’s post-July 1,” he said. “First and foremost, that’s probably an unknown NFL uniform rule. There are multiple teams this year that are all waiting to (present) an alternate, a classic, a throwback — whatever you want to call it. (Those are) coming post-July 1.”

So, the estimated window — if all goes according to plan — will be a release sometime between July 2, and when players report to camp on July 25-28.

“The new uniforms are coming. They can be worn up to three, two or three times (but we believe they can be worn up to three times) this year, and we expect to have them certainly by the start of the season, but likely training camp.”

by ramsman34
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   8522  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Elvis wrote:They're calling them an alternate uniform does that mean something other than color rush or throwback?

If it’s not the Ferragamo’s there will be a major fan meltdown. Lol

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:If it’s not the Ferragamo’s there will be a major fan meltdown. Lol

We have a little over two weeks to be completely underwhelmed. Then a few more weeks for Demoff to declare them a massive success.

by aeneas1
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

why not just pay tribute to one of the other great los angeles teams each year? gotta say, the dodger homage is pretty sexy!

Q02.png

q01.png

Q04.png

Q03.png

by ramsman34
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   8522  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

You left the Kings out man. But damn that is a great idea.

by moklerman
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

I don't know what the best way to go is. I think the idea is clever but I don't know if it's good. The Rams have a hard enough time with their identity so it makes me think this wouldn't really be a great benefit. If other teams want to wear OUR colors, that would help our brand.

As far as the new alternate uniforms, I've had all the hope beaten out of me. I have no faith in this group to get anything uniform related right. I hope for the best but I hope I win the lottery too.

by aeneas1
2 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

yeah, i did it just for fun, there's no way the rams would do it and, frankly, i wouldn't want to see them do it, altho when the kings donned lakers uniforms it was pretty damn incredible, but of course the reason they did it contributed greatly to the beauty of the moment...

so how long before we see a neon / roller ball look?

Z02.png

Y02.png

Z01.png

Y01.png

by aeneas1
2 years 10 months ago
Hall of Fame

in the other uniform thread someone mentioned blue on black (which struck me as an odd combo), but i played around with it a bit, kinda reminds me of a cross between the ravens and panthers...

q00.png

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I don't know what the best way to go is. I think the idea is clever but I don't know if it's good. The Rams have a hard enough time with their identity so it makes me think this wouldn't really be a great benefit. If other teams want to wear OUR colors, that would help our brand.

As far as the new alternate uniforms, I've had all the hope beaten out of me. I have no faith in this group to get anything uniform related right. I hope for the best but I hope I win the lottery too.

Some teams have uniform and color stability while other don't. Sadly the Rams have both a history of moving AND changing uniform colors. Is the any other team that's changed as much as the Rams have?
https://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/c ... eam_id=LAR

• 1 / 18
175 posts Apr 18 2024