175 posts
  • 2 / 18
 by St. Loser Fan
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   10560  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

aeneas1 wrote:altho when the kings donned lakers uniforms it was pretty damn incredible, but of course the reason they did it contributed greatly to the beauty of the moment...

This one? Yes, that probably the best of the NHL retros from this last season.

And the worst of last season's NHL throwbacks...

by Hacksaw
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

aeneas1 wrote:why not just pay tribute to one of the other great los angeles teams each year? gotta say, the dodger homage is pretty sexy!

Thats a trip. Dig em.
I noticed 3 teams missing beside the Kings , , , oh wait,, you said 'great' teams.

by Hacksaw
2 years 11 months ago

ramsman34 wrote:If it’s not the Ferragamo’s there will be a major fan meltdown. Lol

I suspect we see a Ferragamo and/ or a Waterfield.

by Hacksaw
2 years 11 months ago

aeneas1 wrote:yeah, i did it just for fun, there's no way the rams would do it and, frankly, i wouldn't want to see them do it, altho when the kings donned lakers uniforms it was pretty damn incredible, but of course the reason they did it contributed greatly to the beauty of the moment...

The Kings and Lakers were both owned by Jack Kent Cook back in the 70's and he had both teams clad in purple and gold as primarys. The Kings went to the black-silver-white look during the Gretzky era in the 80's. But you knew that.

Fun fact: Up until Nike got a hold of the NBA jersey contract, the Lakers were the only team in the NBA, with a home jersey that wasn't a white base color. Forum Gold baby!

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   10560  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:The Kings and Lakers were both owned by Jack Kent Cook back in the 70's and he had both teams clad in purple and gold as primarys. The Kings went to the black-silver-white look during the Gretzky era in the 80's. But you knew that.

I thought the Kings changing colors to black and silver was Bruce McNall wanting to copy the LA Raiders?

by Mr. Sparkle
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

Hacksaw wrote:I suspect we see a Ferragamo and/ or a Waterfield.

I would think there is next to zero chance the Ferragamos come back. They are pushing for this rebranding so throwing a well liked classic would not help their cause. I think it’s pretty hard to expect anything other than the yellow or Blue/white ones. And it will probably be in the same style as the current ones.

by Hacksaw
2 years 11 months ago

St. Loser Fan wrote:I thought the Kings changing colors to black and silver was Bruce McNall wanting to copy the LA Raiders?

Probably so. I think I remember that too. The jerseys changed to "Raiders" in 88 at the end of the Buss era.

Kings owners:
Jack Kent Cooke: 1967–1979
Jerry Buss: 1979–1988
Bruce McNall: 1988–1994
Joseph M. Cohen and Jeffery Sudikoff: 1994–1995
Philip Anschutz and Edward Roski: 1995–present

by Elvis
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   38771  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I thought there was a good chance there would be no new uniform this year so i'm already wrong but i'm thinking yellow or black.

Still, could be anything, maybe they do something for the old timers who clearly aren't happy? I'm not expecting that but maybe...

by Hacksaw
2 years 11 months ago

Mr. Sparkle wrote:I would think there is next to zero chance the Ferragamos come back. They are pushing for this rebranding so throwing a well liked classic would not help their cause. I think it’s pretty hard to expect anything other than the yellow or Blue/white ones. And it will probably be in the same style as the current ones.

Your probably correct Mr Sparkle. The contrast between those and the new ones might ignite a controversy again. If they did roll out the Ferragamos then it could be a sign of real change. Alas, one can only hope..

• 2 / 18
175 posts May 18 2024