33 posts
  • 2 / 4
 by Elvis
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38495  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

safer wrote:HACK & ELVIS!! I'll be there! Let's meet up for some pre-scrimmage beverages! Bring your other camp buddies too. This is much closer to my neighborhood up here.
My girlfriend lives in Camarillo, so I'm hoping to see a lot of scoring that weekend :) ;) :shock2:

Done!

by Joe Pendleton
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   1843  
Virgin Islands (USA)   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

love that sh**

by Hacksaw
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

safer wrote:HACK & ELVIS!! I'll be there! Let's meet up for some pre-scrimmage beverages! Bring your other camp buddies too. This is much closer to my neighborhood up here.
My girlfriend lives in Camarillo, so I'm hoping to see a lot of scoring that weekend :) ;) :shock2:

Thats sounds great. Let's plan on it.

And yes, here's to having a high scoring game there in Camarillo.

by phoenixrising
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

Hope to make it. Get there early, as I recall parking was a mess.

by Elvis
2 years 9 months ago
Administrator

More details:

https://visitoxnard.com/dallas-cowboys-training-camp/

Saturday, August 7, 2021 Rams Practice (Televised) 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm

The Training Camp grounds have an attendance capacity dictated by the fire marshal. Arriving early is encouraged!

General Parking is available for $10/day for small vehicles and $20/day for large vehicles during the week and $20/day for small vehicles and $40/day for large vehicles on the weekends. Parking is limited, we recommend carpooling when possible.

No need to purchase Dallas Cowboys tickets! Admission to camp activities and the spectating area is free.

by Elvis
2 years 8 months ago
Administrator

A Preview Of Cowboys-Rams Practice Saturday
Aug 06, 2021 at 08:30 PM

Rob Phillips
DallasCowboys.com Senior Writer

OXNARD, Calif. – A day and a half after returning from their preseason opener against the Steelers in Canton, Ohio, the Cowboys will welcome the Rams to training camp Saturday for a joint practice.

Saturday's practice begins at 5 p.m. Central Time (3 p.m. Pacific) and will be streamed live on DallasCowboys.com. It will also air live on TXA 21 in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Here's what to expect:

Saturday's practice won't include tackling, but it will feature some competitive situations. Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy described it as a "professional thud" in terms of physicality. "These practices give you an opportunity to get a lot of quality work done and lower the risk that you obviously have to go through to play in preseason games," he said.
McCarthy and Rams coach Sean McVay have spoken several times about the plan for Saturday's practice. "We'll hit pretty much every situation," McCarthy said. "We'll go right through the script. We'll start with special teams and then we'll have a seven-on-seven red zone, one-on-one D-Line rushing – I know you guys love that drill, so you'll be fired up for that. Then we'll go with the seven-on-seven red zone and a team-backed-up drill, then a team red zone, a team third down. Then we'll have a full move-the-ball segment where you just call it and move the field, put the ball down and play. Then we'll finish with a two-minute. We'll pretty much try to hit every situation."

McCarthy said the practice will feature close to 60 plays of team-drill work, and "probably 65-70%" will include starters. Starting offensive tackles Tyron Smith and La'el Collins are among the Cowboys veterans who will participate.

McCarthy said quarterback Dak Prescott will not throw again Saturday as the Cowboys continue to exercise caution with his strained shoulder muscle. The Cowboys haven't given an exact timeline for Prescott's return to full practice work, but McCarthy said the injury is "progressing really well." The Cowboys are still hopeful Prescott will get some preseason game snaps.

The last time the Cowboys and Rams held a joint practice here in Oxnard – 2015 training camp – competitive drills led to a pretty large skirmish between both teams. McCarthy doesn't expect that to be an issue this year. "We have no interest in fights. That's a waste of everybody's time," he said. "Those days, to me, are over. That's not what I'm looking for. It definitely will penalize your team if it happens in a game, so why the hell would you do it in practice? I think Sean feels the same way. We just want the quality work."

by Elvis
2 years 8 months ago
Administrator

Previewing Saturday's joint practice between the Rams and the Cowboys

Aug 06, 2021 at 09:21 PM
Stu Jackson
Staff Writer

IRVINE, Calif. – The COVID-19 pandemic forced NFL teams to conduct 2020 training camps locally at their facilities, also preventing them from holding joint practices against other clubs. Since preseason games were also cancelled, the only way for teams to creative competitive situations outside of their own training camp practices were intra-squad scrimmages.

This year, joint practices are back. The Rams' first is against the Cowboys on Saturday.

"(Cowboys head) coach (Mike) McCarthy has been great about putting together a good practice plan," Rams head coach Sean McVay said after Wednesday's practice. "That's going to be reflective of us getting a lot of work. And it will be focused on a lot of our top guys."

Since the Rams traditionally rest their starters in the preseason, McVay said joint practices like Saturday's will serve as a substitute for that experience for the starters.

In terms of structure, McCarthy told Dallas reporters on Friday the practice will begin with special teams drills, followed by a seven-on-seven redzone period, then a one-on-one period between the offensive line and defensive lines. After those one-on-one defensive line rushing drills, another seven-on-seven rezone period will follow, then the two teams will have "a team-backed-up drill, then a team red zone, a team third down."

"Then we'll have a full move-the-ball segment where you just call it and move the field, put the ball down and play," before finishing with a two-minute drill," said McCarthy, who also noted the session will include nearly 60 plays of team-drill work. "We'll pretty much try to hit every situation."

From an offensive standout, Rams offensive coordinator Kevin O'Connell said it will be great to go full-speed against another team's defense, even with the good looks they've been given from their own.

"(We'll) see where we're at from blocking some different bodies and running routes on new DBs and seeing different coverages at the quarterback position," O'Connell said after Friday's practice. "It's a little bit of everything. Kind of like what you'd want to see out of a pre-season game, but just hopefully with that pro level of taking care of one another and making sure that we're coming out of there clean from an injury standpoint."

And on defense, defensive coordinator Raheem Morris looks forward to the collaboration to get "great work" in.

"We'll get a chance to communicate with our opposing team and tell those guys what we want to do and how we want to go get it accomplished," Morris said after Wednesday's practice. "As far as the physicality, as far as the tempo, as far as it pushing it to a game like atmosphere as close as possible, really getting great work that day. Although we get it here amongst each other, the last two days have been great, (but) it's nothing like going against another color, nothing like going against another team and going out there and seeing different plays and different types of deals to get it going."

by Hacksaw
2 years 8 months ago

Joe Pendleton and I will be there with beers on ice.

by Hacksaw
2 years 8 months ago

I'll snap some shots.
We won't be witnessing Robinson vs Bryant 'The Rematch' but I'm looking forward to seeing the Rams stone those pokes..

• 2 / 4
33 posts Apr 24 2024