12 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by MD405
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Undrafted Free Agent

STL fan here. My buddies and I are flying in for the Oct 3 game and I wanted to find out what everyone suggests for pregame. Any ideas are welcome!!

by Elvis
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38495  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Howdy and welcome aboard.

It's so early, parking just went on sale with limited tailgate parking so i'm not sure anyone knows yet how it's gonna work...

by MD405
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   2  
Undrafted Free Agent

Thanks! I know it’s all kind of up in the air right now. Just wanted to get info as early as possible. We go to a different stadium every year. Some places have awesome tailgates, some places it’s better to bar hop. I’m thinking Sofi is a tailgate stadium so I wanted to find some good ones. Hopefully this thread gets some action!

by Buck415
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   19  
Undrafted Free Agent

I bought a parking pass this afternoon for SoFi tailgating in the Pink lot for the 10 home games. It went very smoothly.

Buck

by Mr. Sparkle
2 years 7 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

So is there an RFU tailgate? If so is there some sort of secret hand shake? I have never tailgated before. I walked through it a few times at the Coliseum. Thinking it would be fun to do a couple of times a season. Looks like a lot of fun. Any suggestions? Wife is a little more hesitant so having a clearer objective rather than wandering around aimlessly sounds better to her. Thanks!

by St. Loser Fan
1 year 3 months ago
 Total posts:   10517  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

I wonder who's making this decision?

by Elvis
1 year 3 months ago
 Total posts:   38495  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

There was no tailgating for the SB either with an extended security perimeter around the stadium. Is this really unusual?

by St. Loser Fan
1 year 3 months ago
 Total posts:   10517  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:There was no tailgating for the SB either with an extended security perimeter around the stadium. Is this really unusual?

They lost their friggin mind in Georgia. But the LA Times has a good article:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/20 ... fi-stadium

Commentary: No tailgating at national championship game? Blame the CFP, not SoFi or California
But, as it often turns out, the angry mob and politicians have misdirected their ire without gathering all the facts. Neither California, nor Los Angeles, nor Inglewood, nor SoFi Stadium is to blame for this unconscionable affront to Southern football culture.

It’s the Irving, Texas-based College Football Playoff’s decision to ban tailgating at its premier event — the same stance it took at last year’s game in Indianapolis, the year before that in Miami and the prior year in New Orleans.

Georgia fans traveled to Indianapolis for last year’s CFP title game against Alabama, but they probably did not notice the no tailgating rule because temperatures were in the single digits. Who could fault them for assuming the weather in Southern California would be ripe for pregame revelry?

The Georgia fans also probably got confused as they're not too bright and assumed that the acres of parking around SoFi meant a party.

by Hacksaw
1 year 3 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Elvis wrote:There was no tailgating for the SB either with an extended security perimeter around the stadium. Is this really unusual?

The NFL tailgate party at the SB was awesome. Black Crowes, all the games, food from every ethnicity, soft and hard drinks, all comped.

• 1 / 2
12 posts Apr 24 2024