31 posts
  • 1 / 4
 by Hacksaw
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Cool video. 'Bizarre' and 'unusual' are words very indicative of the Frontiere regime.
What a poop show.
And of course LeRoy was one of the first vets back on the Rams wagon when they relocated home to LA.

PS, I miss the Ferragamos...

by moklerman
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

I remember seeing a video with Eric Dickerson. He was on the golf course with a couple of other NFL'ers...maybe Emmitt Smith? Anyway, ED was joking about how he never knew if his game checks were going to clear when he was with the Rams.

Regardless of catching lightning in a bottle, GF really made the franchise a laughing stock. And that's even before gutting the team to kill attendance to relocate.

by snackdaddy
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   9656  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:I remember seeing a video with Eric Dickerson. He was on the golf course with a couple of other NFL'ers...maybe Emmitt Smith? Anyway, ED was joking about how he never knew if his game checks were going to clear when he was with the Rams.

Regardless of catching lightning in a bottle, GF really made the franchise a laughing stock. And that's even before gutting the team to kill attendance to relocate.

The 1999-2001 Rams were a great team. Then she let her cronies tear it down faster than it took to build it. And we became the Same Old Sorry Ass Rams once again.

by PARAM
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Irvin was one of my favorite players. Terrific CB. Terrific punt returner. Great Ram. I bet he wishes he could have played for Kroenke!

by Hacksaw
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

PARAM wrote:Irvin , , I bet he wishes he could have played for Kroenke!

No doubt the thought has crossed most old school players how the salaries have (over) inflated after the CBA's. And then there's the Frontandreary regime and the power mongering save enough $$ for GF to keep her bloated lifestyle front office. Sickening to this day the cut ED lose over $200k.
At least Shaw wrote that poison pill into the StL deal.....

by moklerman
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:No doubt the thought has crossed most old school players how the salaries have (over) inflated after the CBA's. And then there's the Frontandreary regime and the power mongering save enough $$ for GF to keep her bloated lifestyle front office. Sickening to this day the cut ED lose over $200k.
At least Shaw wrote that poison pill into the StL deal.....
Wasn't that compounded even more when they paid Todd Lyght even more than Dickerson was asking for? So, it wasn't even about the money, they were just in a pissing contest.

Willingly giving Dickerson away in his prime. God, it's tough being a Rams fan sometimes. ;)

by Elvis
2 years 10 months ago
 Total posts:   38439  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

On Dickerson's a Football Life, Shaw laughed and said they lied about being broke as a negotiating tactic, if i remember it right.

• 1 / 4
31 posts Apr 16 2024