United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/los- ... rediction/

Fox: 11
NBC/Peacock: 2
ESPN/ESPN+: 2
CBS/Paramount +: 1
Amazon Prime: 1

Fox is still only in-market games for streaming. Am I remembering that correctly?

by majik
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1201  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

Probably. If you are a fan of a team out of market the NFL screws you unless you purchase the Sunday Ticket.

For the Thursday Night games, I am assuming if you have Amazon Prime you get it at no additional cost. Articles about the Thursday Prime package weren’t 100% clear on that. For those who have Amazon, not all content on Prime Video is included in your Prime subscription.

I would definitely count on the fact that if Amazon gets the Sunday Ticket once the rotting corpse that is DirectTV’s contract expires, it will be an upcharge for Prime subscribers. I hope they allow you to just subscribe to one team as opposed to the every game pricing structure of DirectTV

by RedAlice
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Aren’t they all only in-market games? I thought that was still the issue.

I plan to get NFL Sunday Ticket this year since I have Directive TV back again and last season was super annoying being out of market.

by RedAlice
2 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

majik wrote:Probably. If you are a fan of a team out of market the NFL screws you unless you purchase the Sunday Ticket.

For the Thursday Night games, I am assuming if you have Amazon Prime you get it at no additional cost. Articles about the Thursday Prime package weren’t 100% clear on that. For those who have Amazon, not all content on Prime Video is included in your Prime subscription.

I would definitely count on the fact that if Amazon gets the Sunday Ticket once the rotting corpse that is DirectTV’s contract expires, it will be an upcharge for Prime subscribers. I hope they allow you to just subscribe to one team as opposed to the every game pricing structure of DirectTV

I’m sure they will charge for it, but at least it will be available to anyone and not only those who have DirectTV.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   10511  
Hall of Fame

majik wrote:Probably. If you are a fan of a team out of market the NFL screws you unless you purchase the Sunday Ticket.

Right now the NFL (plus NBA, MLB and NHL) all make you buy the full smash like you're a sports bar. The question is which league will be the first to allow single team purchases and what would the gap be between all team vs one team?

What would you be willing to pay for a Rams only out-of-market Sunday Ticket that would get you all 17 games if you don't live in LA?

I'd also argue Chargers fans in San Diego, Raiders fans in Oakland and Rams fans in St. Louis should get discounts.

by RedAlice
2 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

What about Rams fans in Cleveland?

Doesn’t directly address Sunday Ticket, except at the end where it says it is still up for auction, but does give some insight on Amazon’s plans.

During internal Amazon meetings to discuss how it wants to deliver live sports to fans, executives have a saying: “Your game, your way.”

It’s catchy, and it provides insight to Amazon’s approach as it continues to increase its marquee live sports offerings. While there is anticipation regarding how Amazon will cover the NFL after its recent multibillion-dollar deal for exclusive rights to “Thursday Night Football,” top sports media executives, agents and broadcasters are asking one question:

What is Amazon building?

Upon close examination, it’s apparent what Amazon is trying to do — and so far, so good. With its endless pockets and more than 200 million Amazon Prime subscribers, Amazon is shopping in the Tiffany aisle of world sports.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/15/inside-am ... ing-world/

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

RedAlice wrote:What about Rams fans in Cleveland?

Sure.

Like it's been talked about in other threads we need to see how the Fox Sports/Bally Sports separation plays out and what than means for non LA based Rams fans.

by RedAlice
2 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

How does that affect NFL rules regarding out of market games?

Currently that is only Sunday Ticket until that contract expires, regardless.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

Looks like DirecTV is giving away Sunday Ticket this year to most subscription tiers.

by RedAlice
2 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

Awesome, so its already included in the one we have.

I was paying $65 a month for YouTubeTV without Sunday Ticket. Good deal!

• 1 / 1
10 posts Apr 15 2024