127 posts
  • 2 / 13
 by AvengerRam
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Van Jefferson never ran the 40, due to injury during draft season. That’s why people cite to his Senior Bowl MPH estimate.

by snackdaddy
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I don't expect Stafford to lead the offense to high flying numbers akin to the best offenses in football. He has his warts like anyone else. And the environment has a lot to do with it. Mainly the protection. The idea is when protection breaks down Stafford can handle it better than Goff did. He'll still make mistakes. Get sacked. Fumble. INT. But McVay believes he'll make more plays than Goff could. And make them a better team. I believe it too.

by Hacksaw
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Or we might be very surprised what a difference an veteran, 'twitchy'(lol), strong armed gunslinging QB can make. Along with all that speed running around.

by Haden
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2134  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

I would like to see Kupp put up the numbers he is capable of. I think he could be a top fantasy guy this year, sort of like Edelman and Welker were with Brady regularly dumping off to them.

by Hacksaw
2 years 11 months ago

Elvis wrote:Some more hype for the Rams:

Of course one of the main guys finding talent is now in Detroit.

by PARAM
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   12241  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

The key word is "developing". If you can do that, you can develop guys from any round. Some teams (staffs) have a hard time developing first round picks. We're in a good place to be sure. The one guy I hope is a great developer is Kevin Carberry.

by Hacksaw
2 years 11 months ago

PARAM wrote:The key word is "developing". If you can do that, you can develop guys from any round. Some teams (staffs) have a hard time developing first round picks. We're in a good place to be sure. The one guy I hope is a great developer is Kevin Carberry.

Identifying (finding) players from college was pretty key too. Development measures up too, both are necessary.
Carberry is my greatest staffer hope going into '21. If he can prove Canuck correct, that Kromer was part of the O-Line problems, then we might be in a better position. But after Whit said what he said about the losses of Sully and Saffold, I'm not as confident.

At least we are no longer playing that 2016 QB game , ,

Goff
Goff.JPG

or
Goof
Goof.JPG

by PARAM
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   12241  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Identifying (finding) players from college was pretty key too.

That one audio report about how they identify players these days seemed to suggest, the measurables (ala, Combine Warriors) aren't static anymore. Like paying much more attention to game speed rather than the 40, etc. And hearing that girl (Sarah?) talk about the crew, the Rams seem to have quite a group.

Explained why Tutu and the others were the picks. I like it. New wave thinking. Perhaps a better percentage of success IF the developers are good. What I do wonder is, have they applied that approach for players they have, to identify who they want where, like on the OL?

• 2 / 13
127 posts Apr 17 2024