43 posts
  • 1 / 5
  • 1
  • 5
 by Elvis
1 month ago
 Total posts:   29832  
 Joined:  Mar 28 2015
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

So let's say you're a fantasy player. Who does the change from Goff to Stafford help? Who do we think Stafford's favorite targets will end up being?

 by PARAM
1 month ago
 Total posts:   7182  
 Joined:  Jul 15 2015
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:So let's say you're a fantasy player. Who does the change from Goff to Stafford help? Who do we think Stafford's favorite targets will end up being?


I'm not a fantasy player anymore but I'd think Kupp and Woods are going to get the receptions and yards, DJax is going to get the chunk plays and some TDs. I think Higbee could be the TD leader. Jefferson is the wild card.

 by CanuckRightWinger
1 month ago
 Total posts:   1885  
 Joined:  Jan 13 2016
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Pro Bowl

Skeptic Alert! :shock2: :arrow2: :o

SO....if post 2020 Draft, Los Ramos were touting Van Jefferson as "the FASTEST guy at the Senior Bowl" due to the hi-tech GPS metrics that showed VJ moving at 21 MPH IIRC.....

....so if Jefferson is so friggin fast and such a great route-runner with so much skyhigh potential yadda yadda yadda....
um, then why sign speedsters DeSean Jackson, TuTu Atwell, Jacob Harris.....and yet even another WR, Skowronek from ND, huh?? :? :arrow2: :?2:

Must be to keep the 2021 Rams Receivers legs fresh....
for all those 6 WR-Sets McVay is gonna call next season, eh!!?? :P

 by Elvis
1 month ago
 Total posts:   29832  
 Joined:  Mar 28 2015
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Honestly, that's just foolish.

Kupp and VJ had disappointing 40 times but the Rams had GPS data telling them both were plenty fast enough to play WR at the pro level. And the Rams were right.

Trying to strawman that into they should have the same kind of take the top off speed as Brandin Cooks, DeSean Jackson or Tutu Atwell is just nonsense.

The Rams never claimed or thought that. It's disingenuous to argue otherwise.

There are a lot of factors in how the Rams come up with their speed rating. Top speed GPS data is only one of them...

 by snackdaddy
1 month ago
 Total posts:   8130  
 Joined:  May 30 2015
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

I gotta think Woods and Kupp will be his favorite targets. But we know he can throw the deep ball. If Jackson is healthy enough, I'm pretty sure he's gonna take some shots down the field.

 by snackdaddy
1 month ago
 Total posts:   8130  
 Joined:  May 30 2015
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Skeptic Alert! :shock2: :arrow2: :o

SO....if post 2020 Draft, Los Ramos were touting Van Jefferson as "the FASTEST guy at the Senior Bowl" due to the hi-tech GPS metrics that showed VJ moving at 21 MPH IIRC.....

....so if Jefferson is so friggin fast and such a great route-runner with so much skyhigh potential yadda yadda yadda....
um, then why sign speedsters DeSean Jackson, TuTu Atwell, Jacob Harris.....and yet even another WR, Skowronek from ND, huh?? :? :arrow2: :?2:

Must be to keep the 2021 Rams Receivers legs fresh....
for all those 6 WR-Sets McVay is gonna call next season, eh!!?? :P


Its possible Atwell was not only drafted to be a gimmick guy and deep threat. I think they will try and make him a punt returner too. I gotta think kick returns might be risky for his size. Bigger collisions on those. Guys with nimble feet make good punt returners.

 by aeneas1
1 month ago
 Total posts:   16076  
 Joined:  Sep 13 2015
United States of America   Norcal
RFU Survivor Champ

Elvis wrote:So let's say you're a fantasy player. Who does the change from Goff to Stafford help? Who do we think Stafford's favorite targets will end up being?

speaking of fantasy play, do any fantasy boards have stafford or a rams wr ranked in the top 10? not that i've seen... given vegas sb odds and schein-like excitement over the stafford acquisition you would think rams skill position players would be top 10 on all fantasy boards, no?

 by Elvis
1 month ago
 Total posts:   29832  
 Joined:  Mar 28 2015
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

I see Stafford at 11 at Fantasy Pros, Cam at 10. With so many potential targets, hard to pick a single WR but Woods is at 18.

Fantasy also puts a huge value on running QBs so the top 6 looks like this:

Mahomes
Allen
Murray
Jackson
Prescott
Wilson

I'd think with as highly rated as Hockenson is/was in Detroit, i might try to figure out who Stafford's favorite Rams TE is gonna be and take a look at that...

 by PARAM
1 month ago
 Total posts:   7182  
 Joined:  Jul 15 2015
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Its possible Atwell was not only drafted to be a gimmick guy and deep threat. I think they will try and make him a punt returner too. I gotta think kick returns might be risky for his size. Bigger collisions on those. Guys with nimble feet make good punt returners.


He's also been mentioned as the new jet sweep guy and quite an option in snap motion. It's possible McVay has run out of chalk multiple times since the draft!!

  • 1 / 5
  • 1
  • 5
43 posts Jun 22 2021