140 posts
  • 8 / 14
 by AvengerRam
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Nice to see we have a Hallway Monitor to stamp out all that "vitriol" around here eh??!! :roll2:

It is beginning to seem like there are two kinds of posters here:

Type 1: Rams fans who post about the Rams.
Type 2: Rams fans who post about (read: analyze) Type 1 posters' credentials, mood, motivation, caffeine consumption, writing style :? , etc etc

Being a Type 1 poster myself, let me say that I agree with those here who believe that Los Ramos braintrust is rolling the dice on the 2021 Ram OLine. I mean, if, gawd forbid, 39 year old Andrew Whitworth gets injured again & misses time,
y'know...like last year...
...um, to quote Astronaut Jim Lovell:

"Houston, we got a problem!"

Consider that with our OL last season, we were the 23rd ranked scoring Offense in 2020.
Then, in our Playoff loss at Lambeau, a very middling Packer D slapped our OL around all day long. :oops2:
Then, we let our 2020 starting OC walk, but don't draft a replacement in a rich 2021 Draft for IOLs.....
so some posters ask some questions, AND EVEN EXPRESS SOME OPINIONS :shock2: :arrow2: :o

.....but the anti-vitriol crowd tells posters who notice the above, that we shouldn't raise these items of concern......BECAUSE THE BRAINTRUST "KNOWS MORE THAN US"...
AND MOREOVER, "HAS A OL PLAN."

ME: Oh....you mean like that brilliant Ram OL Plan in 2019??? :shock2:

Thought for the day:
Let's try to remember that it is no vice for loyal Rams fans to ask questions about Ram personnel moves, okay???!! :idea2: :arrow2: 8-)
That kind of stuff is pretty normal in Sports Talk Forums IMHO. :lol2:

Yawn.

So... what objective indicators would support a conclusion that the "plan" worked, and what objective indicators would support a conclusion that it failed?

by CanuckRightWinger
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Newsflash for AR....
since I am no longer in Grade 5....
I don't do pop-quizes anymore. :P

You think the 2019 Ram OL plan was hot shit? Tell us why.
For me, I thought it was bad all along....and then Andrew Whitworth's post 2019 Season public comments, expressed on the Colin Cowherd Show, just confirmed it all for me. :idea2:

You and I both watch Rams games.
The difference between us is that I don't pander to the Rams Executive Suite. To me....McSnead, Pastoors, Demoff all get paid a shitload of money to put a good product on the field. When IMO they screw-up, I call them on it....

whereas you, want to be their friend and defender.
Hence your insults towards the posters who kvetch.

....anyway, we are all free to post as we like here....
both us vitriol-filled kvetching despicables .....and you apologists, as well. :lol2:

by /zn/
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:Which leads me back to the question I asked zn, which he dodged (claiming that it was too antagonistic for him).

Another misreading. I said you don't need to be so antagonistic. That had nothing to do with your question. I answered your question this way, which apparently I need to explain again--all I said was that by not taking OL in 2021 they made the OL situation for 2022 more problematical. And they did, and it is. (I don't think you even got that I was talking about 2022.) Anyway, they can fix it, but it will take some luck (like a left OT being in free agency) or some work (like trading up into the first round, though that means starting a rookie).

I don't know what your question has to do with any of that. All I said was that their choices in 2021 left them with OL issues they have to fix in 2022, which is true.

It's phony to do this "I demand you predict a record" routine in response to that. It's as if I said if you don't put you lawn mower back in the garage it might get rained on later, and you said oh yeah? well predict how many people will drown. It was just this non sequitur.

by PARAM
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:I don't pander to the Rams Executive Suite. To me....McSnead, Pastoors, Demoff all get paid a shitload of money to put a good product on the field. When IMO they screw-up, I call them on it

I know you said "McSnead" (meaning Snead and McVay) but when have you ever called out McVay? I don't recall any.

How much input does McVay exercise? Doesn't he have a say in personnel? I agree you call out Snead, Demoff, assistant coaches and players but McVay always seems to escape your vitriol.

Didn't McVay have a say in that 2019 O line? Didn't McVay call five straight pass plays in a tie game vs SF with 3 timouts and a tick more than 3 minutes left last year? Handed the ball back to frisco with more than 2 minutes left and 3 timeouts too. FG....game over.

You seem to call out management but never McVay. How come? Does he do no wrong?

For the record....I'm all for calling out players snd management. Yet I've been accused of belonging to certain defense leagues or being an apologist when my take doesn't jive with that narrative. And I've been called out a few times for calling out McVay. Odd.

by Hacksaw
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Nice to see we have a Hallway Monitor to stamp out all that "vitriol" around here eh??!! :roll2:

Wait, I thought that was my job..

Lets keep it real and peaceful 👌

by AvengerRam
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

You guys are ridiculous. The you repeat, over and over, that you’re worried that the Rams made a mistake by focusing on areas rather than the OL, and suggest that their plan may be flawed, but when asked how we can gauge whether you’re correct, you have nothing to say (other than to whine about my challenging you to provide substance). Guess if the Rams do anything but win it all, you’ll claim you were right. :roll2:

by CanuckRightWinger
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Geeze-Louise!! :shock2:
Now Pennsylvania is giving me lessons on how to kvetch & complain!!? :lol2:

....and vous too with the "vitriol" shyte?????
Et tu, PA???!!! :o

Clearly I am NOT kvetching consistently enough for some around here!!! :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Look, this is simple:
George StarWarsGajillionaire Lucas is a brilliant mind and great film maker! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:
....but when Lucas makes a dud like HOWARD THE DUCK, can we not criticize his fuck-up?? Are we blaspheming if we kvetch about the limited entertainment value in HOWARD THE DUCK??!! Does it mean we suddenly think Lucas is no longer a modern movie icon???!!
ANSWER: NO, IT DOES NOT! WE JUST THOUGHT HOWARD THE DUCK SUCKED IS ALL! :idea2:

So too with Los Ramos.....
if Rams Management puts a lousy product on the field, just as Lucas can put a lousy product on the silver screen, is it blasphemy to complain???!!! :?2:
ME: Nope! They are fair game.....just like George Lucas. :idea2:

by PARAM
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Geeze-Louise!! :shock2:
Now Pennsylvania is giving me lessons on how to kvetch & complain!!? :lol2:

....and vous too with the "vitriol" shyte?????
Et tu, PA???!!! :o

Lessons? You don't need lessons on complaining. :o But we both know that's not to what I was referring. For a guy who never holds back when complaining about coaching or the front office, McVay seems to escape even the slightest complaint.

Saffold leaves?
McVay didn't have anything to do with that!!
Sitting starters in preseason?
That's not McVay's call!!
The 2018 draft?
What? McVay was stuck in Cabo!!!
The 49ers Funk?
Goff sucks. The OL sucks. The defense had a bad day. If it wasn't for McVay we'd have been shutout.
No OL in this draft?
McVay is listening to the wrong people!!

I'm jusy sayin.....some guys catch all the ire and some guys are invisible to scrutiny. It's almost like "it wasn't me....musta been some other...it wasn't me....."

Hey I love the guy!! And complaining about some of the things he's done; calls he's made; his clock management at times; his 'I'm not worried about 0 coverage, just run the play!!!"; or had a hand in; Saffold leaving; sitting starters in preseason; the draft; doesn't mean I think he's not a great head coach!!

Or...

It doesn't mean....if you vent your ire it makes you a bad disloyal fan. But is it not okay to disagree with you? That makes me a member of the defense league?

by snackdaddy
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

The thing about opinions is, we all have them. You gotta expect not everyone is gonna agree with yours. If you're bashing the offseason moves those who disagree don't consider themselves defenders or moms. Which is what some will call others. They just agree with how the team went about their decision making.

If you think the team made all the right moves and some disagree, it doesn't mean they think the sky is falling. Or all they do is complain. They feel the team didn't make the right offseason moves.

In all likelihood, the team probably feels they made some good moves. And they probably feel they missed one some moves too. Making those decisions is not as cut and dried. One team's draft is not the same as another. They all have different needs based on their current roster. Chances are, we're all right to a degree. And we're all wrong to a degree. And so are the teams.

• 8 / 14
140 posts Apr 19 2024