55 posts
  • 1 / 6
 by CanuckRightWinger
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

The scene is a Courtroom. On the witness stand is hostile witness Rams Head Coach Sean McVay.
Cross-examining McVAY is famous Vancouver, BC lawyer, Canuck....representing Ramsnation.

CANUCK: COACH McVAY, WE HAVE ALREADY ESTABLISHED THE FOLLOWING:

-THE 2021 DRAFT WAS LADEN WITH A RICH SUPPLY OF OL STUDS...THE BEST CROP IN YEARS
-YOU HAD ALREADY ADMITTED TO BEING THE ONE WHO UNILATERALLY DECIDED TO TERMINATE YOUR 2020 OC AUSTIN BLYTHE, OVER THE PROTESTS OF RAMS OL COACH KROMER.....WHO YOU THEN ALSO UNILATERALLY DECIDED TO FIRE;
-I ASKED YOU EARLIER, IF IT WAS 100% CLEAR TO YOU THAT IF YOUR BEST 2020 OLINEMAN, WHITWORTH, COULD GET INJURED & MISS MAJOR PLAYING TIME AT AGE 38, THAT IT WAS EVEN MORE POSSIBLE THAT THE SAME COULD HAPPEN WHEN HE WAS A YEAR OLDER AT 39, AND YOU SAID "CRYSTAL!!"
-YOU HAVE MADE REPEATED NEGATIVE STATEMENTS ABOUT YOUR FORMER QB JARED GOFF REGARDING HIS SLOW ASSIMILATION, HIS BAD FOOTWORK, HIS POOR POCKET PRESENCE BEING THE ROOT CAUSE OF LACKLUSTER RAMS OL STATISTICS AND UNFLATTERING REPUTATION......

.....AND SO I AM ASKING YOU NOW, COACH McVAY....I AM ASKING YOU ON BEHALF OF ALL OF DEDICATED RAMS FANS ALL OVER THE WORLD:
DID YOU DECIDE TO FOREGO ANY OL PICKS IN LAST WEEKEND'S DRAFT JUST TO SPITE JARED GOFF!!!!???

COURTROOM JUDGE: YOU DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION COACH McVAY!

McVAY: I'LL ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION!!!!
YOU WANT AN ANSWER SON???!!!

CANUCK: I THINK RAMSNATION DESERVES AN ANSWER!!

McVAY: YOU WANT ANSWERS????!!!!

CANUCK: I WANT THE TRUTH!!!!

McVAY: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!! :!2: :arrow2: :x :arrow2: :evil2:

SON....WE COMPETE IN A LEAGUE THAT HAS TEAMS....AND THOSE TEAMS HAVE TO BE LED BY HEAD COACHES WITH NO SCRUPLES!!! WHO IS GONNA LEAD THE 2021 RAMS, HUH? YOU CANUCK??? YOU MAX?? YOU AENEAS???

I HAVE A GREATER RESPONSIBILITY THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY PHATHOM! YOU WEEP FOR THE MISSING RAM OL ROOKIE HELP, & YOU CURSE THE DRAFT PICKS I MADE BECAUSE YOU HAVE THAT LUXURY! YOU HAVE THAT LUXURY OF NOT KNOWING WHAT I KNOW!
THAT WHILE PICKING A 150 LB SMURF SLOT WR SEEMS TRAGIC TO YOU.....PROBABLY WILL SAVE OUR SEASON....

AND THAT MY EXISTENCE, WHILE GROTESQUE & INCOMPREHENSIBLE TO YOU, WILL ALSO SAVE OUR 2021 SEASON!!

YOU DON'T WANT THE TRUTH BECAUSE DEEP DOWN IN PLACES YOU DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT AT PARTIES AND POST AT RFU.....
YOU WANT ME AS THE RAMS IMMORAL HEAD COACH!!!! :!2: :!2:
YOU NEED ME AS THAT S.O.B. STONE-HEARTED RAMS HEAD COACH!!! :!2: :arrow2: :x :arrow2: :evil2:

SON, WE USE WORDS LIKE WAIVERS, IR'D, PRACTICE SQUAD & "YOU'RE CUT". WE USE THESE WORDS AS THE BACKBONE OF WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES & MAKING THE FUCKING PLAYOFFS!!! YOU & YOUR RFU ILK USE THEM AS A PUNCHLINE!!

I HAVE NEITHER THE TIME NOR THE INCLINATION TO EXPLAIN MYSELF TO A FAN WHO RISES AND SLEEPS UNDER THE BLANKET OF RAMS SUCCESS THESE PAST 4 SEASONS THAT I HAVE PROVIDED!!!
.....AND THEN QUESTIONS THE MANNER IN WHICH I PROVIDE IT.

I WOULD RATHER THAT YOU JUST SAID "THANK YOU"AND WENT ON YOUR WAY!!!!
OTHERWISE, I SUGGEST YOU PUT ON A FOOTBALL HELMET AND START DOING WINDSPRINTS!!! EITHER WAY I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT YOU THINK YOU AND RAMSNATION ARE ENTITLED TO!!!

CANUCK (softly): Coach McVay.....did you decide to not Draft any 2021 OLineman last weekend just to spite Jared Goff?

McVAY: I DID THE FUCKING JOB!!!

CANUCK: DID YOU NOT DRAFT ANY OLINEMEN JUST TO FUCKING SPITE JARED GOFF!!!

McVAY: YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT I DID!!!!

by ziggy
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   596  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Veteran

Meanwhile... in Detroit. They just picked up Penei Sewell who has the size and ability to keep a clean pocket for Goff. I predict he's going to do just fine in Detroit.

However, the Lions still suck and will find a way to lose.

by majik
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1201  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

by AvengerRam
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Objection. Lack of foundation and argumentative.

Sustained.

I have to say... the “take,” which I’ve now seen a couple of times, that McVay and Snead declined to draft OL to somehow “spite” Jared Goff is one of the most juvenile, illogical and downright absurd things I’ve read on a message board.

Head coaches and GMs want to win. If McVay and Snead thought that taking Josh Myers, Creed Humphrey or Jalen Mayfield (or some other OL still on the board) would help the Rams win more than Tutu Atwell would, then they would have selected an OL.

by max
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

Congrats Canuck. You got AR to bite. LOL.

by AvengerRam
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

max wrote:Congrats Canuck. You got AR to bite. LOL.

And, apparently, I did the same to you.

Now tell us...do you think the Rams eschewed both the need and BPA approaches in favor of a spite basis for making selections?

by majik
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1201  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam wrote:Objection. Lack of foundation and argumentative.

Sustained.

I have to say... the “take,” which I’ve now seen a couple of times, that McVay and Snead declined to draft OL to somehow “spite” Jared Goff is one of the most juvenile, illogical and downright absurd things I’ve read on a message board.

Head coaches and GMs want to win. If McVay and Snead thought that taking Josh Myers, Creed Humphrey or Jalen Mayfield (or some other OL still on the board) would help the Rams win more than Tutu Atwell would, then they would have selected an OL.

I don’t think it’s spite, but a combination of a mistake and faith in their younger but not yet proven players.

Goff had his issues and McVay was probably right to admit his mistake is supporting Goff’s extension after repeating seeing him choose the wrong option on plays he designed; however, as this past Super Bowl proved, no QB, not even Pat Mahomes, is going to be successful in a game where the OL can’t adequately protect the QB and give him even league average time in the pocket. There were many Rams games where the OL was so bad, not even Pat Mahomes would not have had a chance. There are plenty of games where Goff, given adequate protection, put up Pro-Bowl worthy numbers. Stafford may be able to move in the pocket better, read and process defenses better, but if the OL performs the way it did in some of its stinker games, he will have bad games too.

by Haden
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2134  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

majik wrote:I don’t think it’s spite, but a combination of a mistake and faith in their younger but not yet proven players.

Goff had his issues and McVay was probably right to admit his mistake is supporting Goff’s extension after repeating seeing him choose the wrong option on plays he designed; however, as this past Super Bowl proved, no QB, not even Pat Mahomes, is going to be successful in a game where the OL can’t adequately protect the QB and give him even league average time in the pocket. There were many Rams games where the OL was so bad, not even Pat Mahomes would not have had a chance. There are plenty of games where Goff, given adequate protection, put up Pro-Bowl worthy numbers. Stafford may be able to move in the pocket better, read and process defenses better, but if the OL performs the way it did in some of its stinker games, he will have bad games too.

Agreed. I don't think Snead/McVay are reading the tea leaves correctly. Mike Martz drafted the same gimmick players and after a while, it all collapsed. He even drafted some QB (can't remember the name) that he thought he would convert to a WR. Some folks think they are more clever than they actually are.

BTW, Kansas City drafted Creed. I trust Andy Reid's judgment more than McVay/Snead who screwed up contracts on Gurley, Goff and Cooks.

by snackdaddy
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

majik wrote:I don’t think it’s spite, but a combination of a mistake and faith in their younger but not yet proven players.

I dunno. But it seems drafting more players to replace them would result in even younger and lesser proven players. Not sure I buy into the "Need to draft more" idea. The guys they currently have are now much more experienced than when they were forced into action a couple years ago. I can't see day 2 and 3 rookies coming in and being better.

The Rams are in to win now. I've heard they viewed the available linemen as needing a redshirt year. They don't want to spend resources and energy to that development when they think they can win as is. I can see their point. We can argue whether or not Atwell was the right guy. But the idea of a rookie coming in and solving their woes might be a little misguided.

• 1 / 6
55 posts Apr 19 2024