55 posts
  • 3 / 6
 by AvengerRam
1 week ago
 Total posts:   6526  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida

max wrote:Of course not. What a stupid question.

The Rams did what they thought was best to win this year. The question is did they assess the OL correctly, both short term AND long term. I’m skeptical.

Great. I have no problem with the skepticism.

Others have suggested a spite narrative. I was responding to that.

Try to keep up.

by majik
1 week ago
 Total posts:   793  
United States of America   New Jersey
Veteran

Agree with your assessments except for Noteboom. He showed that he could adequately handle LT when Whit was out. I do agree you can’t count on him because he is an upcoming FA and will get paid by someone more than we might want to given his production

by safer
1 week ago
 Total posts:   1011  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

The IRONY of this subject? While very entertaining, nobody fucking knows who will be better than whom.
We all are hugely subjective in who we think is awesome and who will be shit..........but none of us knows until we get to have the truest of all eye tests----performance. The ONLY thing that concerns me most about Tutu is is very slight stature. Then again, time will tell.
Last year, this time, we were ALL (me included) lamenting about how we didn't focus on Oline in that draft. Then, our Oline play was considerably better this year, than last.

by CanuckRightWinger
1 week ago
 Total posts:   1878  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam in this thread: "I have no problem with the skepticism."

ME: I call bullshit.

AvengerRam, very recently, in his WHEN IT COMES TO THE DRAFT, WE KNOW SO LITTLE. thread...

"Yet still there are always those who are smarter than most who will rant and rave because certain guys aren't picked or certain positions aren't addressed."

ME: And here's another anti-skepticism gem from AR:

"Grading the draft at this point is like rating a restaurant meal when the food arrives at the table rather than after you eat the food."

ME: Firstly, we see Mr. NoProblemWithSkeptics say that posters who question the draft are guys who think that they "ARE SMARTER THAN MOST...WHO RANT & RAVE...." :shock2:
Wow, there's a warm & welcoming invitation to post skeptical RFU posts eh???!!! :roll2:

...and in AR's second (restaurant meal) gem, basically he's inferring that if you question last weekend's Rams Draft Picks, that you are stupid and illogical. :?

Finally, the other classic tap-out move by AR is asking critics of Rams moves is with him implying that the critic thinks that he "KNOWS MORE THAN THE RAMS MANAGEMENT." :roll2:

ME: All this focussed (& premeditated) prejudgement and pseudo-intellectual condescension just ends up stifling and limiting the free exchange of differing opinions between loyal Rams fans! :idea2: IMO, it contributes to an unhealthy Stepford Wives culture.

This type of judgemental dismissal of Rams fans opinions BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW AS MUCH AS THE RAMS MANAGEMENT TEAM just pre-empts guys' motivation to post. I mean, if "we are just guessing" another AR recent gem, then I ask:

WHY POST ANYTHING AT ALL, HUH?

I MEAN, IF THE RAMS BRAINTRUST KNOW ALL, AND ARE INFALLIBLE.....SO WHY EVEN POST YOUR DISSENTING OR SKEPTICAL THOUGHT, EH? ...BECAUSE, ACCORDING TO AR, IT'S ALL MOOT!!!
WE FANS KNOW NOTHING!!! :roll2:

ME: This is a Rams Talk Forum. Rams fans should come here and exchange their views.....WITHOUT BEING PREJUDGED AS "SMARTER THAN THE REST" EGOISTS,
NOR AS ILLOGICAL DOLTS.

I post here...
because I CARE.
because I have suffered through some Wilderness Decades following the Horns, and I am going voice my opinions, because I want to see Los Ramos be relevant and successful!!! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:

Rams fans watch Rams players. We notice stuff. What....we cannot comment now because the Rams Position Coach knows more about said player than we do?? :roll2:

Rams fans watch Rams games. We notice stuff. What...we should not comment because we weren't on the Ram sideline next to McVay??? :lol2:

Rams fans watch the 2021 Draft unfold,
and have watched Rams games where Ram OL sucked,
and have watched Ram OLineman blow chunks (cough, Brian Allen)....

....but we should just stifle BECAUSE LES SNEAD IS INFALLIBLE??!! :?
Two Words: Greg Robinson
Two More Words: Brian Quick
Two More Words: Isaiah Pead
I could go on.....wanna talk about Snead's 2018 Draft?...
...but you get the point....

Questioning Ram moves is NOT a vice....nor does it make you disloyal to The Horns! :idea2:
To me....it just proves that you are paying attention, and that you care about your Team's fortunes. :idea2:

As always, JMO.

by PARAM
1 week ago
 Total posts:   7147  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

safer wrote:The IRONY of this subject? While very entertaining, nobody fucking knows who will be better than whom.
We all are hugely subjective in who we think is awesome and who will be shit..........but none of us knows until we get to have the truest of all eye tests----performance. The ONLY thing that concerns me most about Tutu is is very slight stature. Then again, time will tell.
Last year, this time, we were ALL (me included) lamenting about how we didn't focus on Oline in that draft. Then, our Oline play was considerably better this year, than last.

If we listen to PFF, our OL played great last year
If we listen to Colin Cowherd, Austin Blythe is a top 10 center (I believe he also called him 'pro bowl caliber')
If we listen to many Ram fans Noteboom and Allen are bums and blown draft picks.
I disgree with all three assessments.

As I posted in AvengerRam's 20 thoughts thread.......where he says (IIRC #13), "the OL is a big concern".....when discussing Brian Allen's play after rewatching the first 5 games of 2019 (a couple times).....

Coming off a Superbowl year, I think the 9-7 non-playoff season of 2019, exacerbated the bad memories and blocked out anything good with many fans. Plus the O line was decimated in 2019 after enjoying perfect health in 2017 and 2018. Noteboom (who is a T not a G), Allen and Havenstein missed most of the season. And I'll repeat one more time.....through the first 5 weeks the Rams offense AVERAGED 28 PPG (something the Rams offense hasn't sniffed since) and were 3-2.....4-1 if Z makes the 44 yd FG. In game 6 against SF, the offense scored 7 points but that was the game Noteboom went down...early.

I'd like to add, some of that exacerbation is also a result of losing Rodger Saffold after the SB season. But beyond the 28 PPG average those first 5 weeks, our RBs had a ypc of 4.3 and Goff averaged 329 ypg.

Bottom line is this. They have made their choices. They are sticking with the old pro, the big RT and the young guys of which we have many.

@actionjack's point about 28 yr old Havenstein's salary being a healthy cap hit at 8.3 this year and 8.8 in 2022, the Ravens just signed 32 yr old Alejandro Villenueva to a 2 yr, 14 mil deal with 8 mil guaranteed. So Hav's deal might be coming back towards 'normal'.

by AvengerRam
1 week ago

CanuckRightWinger wrote:AvengerRam in this thread: "I have no problem with the skepticism."

ME: I call bullshit.

AvengerRam, very recently, in his WHEN IT COMES TO THE DRAFT, WE KNOW SO LITTLE. thread...

"Yet still there are always those who are smarter than most who will rant and rave because certain guys aren't picked or certain positions aren't addressed."

LOL. PA posted that, not me. You need to pay more attention.

ME: And here's another anti-skepticism gem from AR:

"Grading the draft at this point is like rating a restaurant meal when the food arrives at the table rather than after you eat the food."

True statement that applies to both skeptical grades and glowing grades.
ME: Firstly, we see Mr. NoProblemWithSkeptics say that posters who question the draft are guys who think that they "ARE SMARTER THAN MOST...WHO RANT & RAVE...." :shock2:
Wow, there's a warm & welcoming invitation to post skeptical RFU posts eh???!!! :roll2:

PA wrote that. Yell at him. :lol2:
...and in AR's second (restaurant meal) gem, basically he's inferring that if you question last weekend's Rams Draft Picks, that you are stupid and illogical. :?

First of all, if that had been my purpose, it would be an implication, not an inference. Second, as noted above, my comment applies equally to A+ draft grades.

Finally, the other classic tap-out move by AR is asking critics of Rams moves is with him implying that the critic thinks that he "KNOWS MORE THAN THE RAMS MANAGEMENT." :roll2:

ME: All this focussed (& premeditated) prejudgement and pseudo-intellectual condescension just ends up stifling and limiting the free exchange of differing opinions between loyal Rams fans! :idea2: IMO, it contributes to an unhealthy Stepford Wives culture.

This type of judgemental dismissal of Rams fans opinions BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW AS MUCH AS THE RAMS MANAGEMENT TEAM just pre-empts guys' motivation to post. I mean, if "we are just guessing" another AR recent gem, then I ask:

WHY POST ANYTHING AT ALL, HUH?

I MEAN, IF THE RAMS BRAINTRUST KNOW ALL, AND ARE INFALLIBLE.....SO WHY EVEN POST YOUR DISSENTING OR SKEPTICAL THOUGHT, EH? ...BECAUSE, ACCORDING TO AR, IT'S ALL MOOT!!!
WE FANS KNOW NOTHING!!! :roll2:

ME: This is a Rams Talk Forum. Rams fans should come here and exchange their views.....WITHOUT BEING PREJUDGED AS "SMARTER THAN THE REST" EGOISTS,
NOR AS ILLOGICAL DOLTS.

I post here...
because I CARE.
because I have suffered through some Wilderness Decades following the Horns, and I am going voice my opinions, because I want to see Los Ramos be relevant and successful!!! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:

Rams fans watch Rams players. We notice stuff. What....we cannot comment now because the Rams Position Coach knows more about said player than we do?? :roll2:

Rams fans watch Rams games. We notice stuff. What...we should not comment because we weren't on the Ram sideline next to McVay??? :lol2:

Rams fans watch the 2021 Draft unfold,
and have watched Rams games where Ram OL sucked,
and have watched Ram OLineman blow chunks (cough, Brian Allen)....

....but we should just stifle BECAUSE LES SNEAD IS INFALLIBLE??!! :?
Two Words: Greg Robinson
Two More Words: Brian Quick
Two More Words: Isaiah Pead
I could go on.....wanna talk about Snead's 2018 Draft?...
...but you get the point....

Questioning Ram moves is NOT a vice....nor does it make you disloyal to The Horns! :idea2:
To me....it just proves that you are paying attention, and that you care about your Team's fortunes. :idea2:

As always, JMO.

The problem here is clear. You don't read carefully enough. I'm not going to waste my time pointing out how your rant has pretty much nothing to do with anything I've posted. I'll just, once again, suggest that you try decaf.

by PARAM
1 week ago
 Total posts:   7147  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:PA wrote that. Yell at him. :lol2:

Okay, I'll take the bullet!!! I've also been a Rams fan since Tony Guillory blocked that punt and Claude Crabbe returned it to the Packers 6 with 0:54 left in the game but what I enjoyed more was the beautiful pass from Gabriel to Bernie Casey to win it. Without that, it was just a blocked punt in a 4 point loss. :D

Seriously, most of us here realize the gamble they took by not drafting any OL last week. But these guys are gamblers and must feel pretty confident the guys they have on the roster can win that bet. Their explanation was, "any OL drafted this year would have been redshirted anyway". This is a staff who regularly trades away first round picks for proven players. There was another Rams head coach known for trading away draft picks for proven players and he was the head coach in that famous comeback win against the Packers.

by CanuckRightWinger
1 week ago
 Total posts:   1878  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Pro Bowl

Yeah....tru' nuff that, PA wrote it....
you merely endorsed his statement via the LIKE button.

Wow....wadda difference!! :roll2: :arrow2: :lol2:

Overall though, I think I captured your anti-skeptic gist pretty accurately. :idea2:

Oh yeah, you just reminded me, when you told me to "yell at PA". You actually scolded a poster recently to "not post irrelevancy that could derail the thread." Bad manners, much?
....oh, and besides the caffeine prescription, do tell me again to be more brief, that was fun too!

Question: Who died and made you the Hallway Monitor? :P

by AvengerRam
1 week ago

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Y
Overall though, I think I captured your anti-skeptic gist pretty accurately.

Nope.
You actually scolded a poster recently to "not post irrelevancy that could derail the thread." Bad manners, much?

I agree that it was bad manners when the poster in question responded to a thread with an entirely irrelevant comment (so much so that, on reflection, he deleted it).
Question: Who died and made you the Hallway Monitor?

If you can't handle contrary opinions expressed in a confident and forceful (and, on occasion, snarky) manner, I invite you to not read my posts. Problem solved.

by actionjack
1 week ago
 Total posts:   1667  
United States of America   Sactown
Pro Bowl

McVay/Snead era have drafted well. IMO it was Fisher drafts when he was there. He was clearly the main voice, this doesnt absolve Snead, but again since Fisher was fired the drafts have improved dramatically.

The Rams clearly wanted to add depth and maybe a starter on defense, speed at WR and lots of special team guys who could develop into something.

I am fine with the Rams at OT, I thought they would draft a center, but clearly in their minds it wasnt a pressing need. We will see who was right.

• 3 / 6
55 posts May 17 2021