31 posts
  • 3 / 4
 by actionjack
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   3960  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Last year I struggled with the Rams position choices and they proved me wrong.
So this year I am def giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Clearly they feel they have the o-line talent. I think they do as well except at center, but have to believe corbett is the guy. I would to see Evans start at guard in his place.

Guys I am excited to watch...

Bobby Brown- a man among boys, love his size and is nasty too.

Tutu/Jacob Harris- want to see both these guys in space, Harris is probably a redshirt except for special teams, but still

Rochell- freak athlete, hope he can learn from Ramsey, great size

Jake Funk- another special teams guy, but this guy can run the ball very well, could be our 3rd or 4th RB.

by safer
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

As we haven't been scoring as many TD's (as we should have) while in the red zone, did anyone else notice that we drafted 6'5" and 6'2" receivers? It dawned on me that Stafford makes excellent back shoulder throws........as he did many times with Calvin Johnson. I'm curious to see if we go with jumbo receivers more when in the red zone.

by PARAM
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   12247  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

In an on camera interview yesterday with Rich Eisen & Co (NFLNW), Raiders GM Mike Mayock put it best when he said, "no offense Rich, but I don't care what you (the media) think about our draft".....and he's absolutely correct. That obviously goes for fans too. They do the evaluations. They gather their coaches together to build a consensus of opinion. Then they make their picks. You can't look at the prospects and think, "wow, I can't make that pick....the media and the fans will hate it". Who gives a crap if the player is a guy you feel you can use to help the team win?

Again, I'm talking about Snead & McVay....two guys who have yet to make a pick in the first round together but have gone 43-21 over the last 4 years. They're doing something right.

by actionjack
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   3960  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

One thing I have to say after watching all the draft interviews.

These guys are great character guys, who love football and care about team first. It was very clear watching all these videos what the Rams look for at least on the mental side. Very impressive group.

by AvengerRam
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

69RamFan wrote:I just dont see our 7th rd picks making the 53,,, PS only....

I didn't say anything about the Rams' 7th round picks.

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   10517  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Maybe it's a function of my years on the planet and creeping into middle age, but I don't see how anyone can put grades on any draft class. I just wanted to throw my phone at sites that assigned A, A-, B+, B, B-... grades. Talk about pulling things out of your butt before any of these guys even play a down.

I know this is going to trigger some people: but I think the most we can we is assign pass/fail. As long as a team didn't trade all of it's picks to get one guy (see Ricky Williams) or some other complete error, I don't see how any team's draft could be a fail. Just give everyone passing grades because we have little idea of how who was drafted will translate to the field.

by PARAM
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   12247  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

St. Loser Fan wrote:I know this is going to trigger some people: but I think the most we can we is assign pass/fail. As long as a team didn't trade all of it's picks to get one guy (see Ricky Williams) or some other complete error, I don't see how any team's draft could be a fail. Just give everyone passing grades because we have little idea of how who was drafted will translate to the field.

Great point.

But even if you traded your whole draft for 1 player, you still have to see what affect it will have on your record. I think fail would be if you pulled a Minnesota Vikings move a couple of years back and don't get the card up in time. But that's only on procedure. You still have to see how the players perform.

Having said that, the Rams are a pass every year or if you want to give them a grade, an A every year because they give up their 1st round picks for Pro Bowl players. :idea2:

by AvengerRam
2 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

One thing I've noticed about many fans is that, prior to the draft, they will bang the "draft the best player available" drum. When the team drafts players that don't fit perceived holes, however, its suddenly "they didn't fill the team's needs."

by St. Loser Fan
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   10517  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Like this right here. Just throw darts at 5 letters and randomly assign + or -: then write something to justify your "pick".

by AvengerRam
2 years 11 months ago
Hall of Fame

Grading the draft at this point is like rating a restaurant meal when the food arrives at the table, rather than after you eat the food.

• 3 / 4
31 posts Apr 24 2024