by JackPMiller
3 years 3 days ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

https://247sports.com/Article/Jeff-Fish ... 164007527/

Report: Jeff Fisher hired by college football program
By Austin Nivison 21 hours ago

With Hall of Fame running back Eddie George set to begin his coaching career at Tennessee State, he’s filling out his staff. George will reportedly add his former NFL head coach, Jeff Fisher, who will make his return to coaching.

According to Stadium’s Brett McMurphy, George will be the new head coach at Tennessee State. George, a four-time Pro-Bowler and one-time All-Pro, played seven of his nine NFL seasons in Nashville with the Tennessee Titans.

George doesn’t have any experience in the coaching world, but he is trying to correct that by bringing in his old coach. According to Football Scoop, Tennessee State is hiring Fisher in an advisory role to guide the former running back in his first coaching job. Football Scoop also noted that Fisher’s son, Brandon, will be hired as the team’s defensive coordinator.

Fisher spent the entirety of his coaching career at the professional level, and he was hired to be the head coach of the Houston Oilers — now the Tennessee Titans — in 1994. He spent 17 years with the franchise and led the Titans to the Super Bowl in 1999. He was fired after the 2010 season. In 2012 he was hired by the St. Louis Rams in 2012 and was fired after five seasons with that franchise. Fisher owns an overall record of 173-165-1 as an NFL head coach.

The former Titans coach has expressed a lot of interest in getting back into coaching at the college level. Right before the Tennessee Volunteers fired head coach Jeremy Pruitt, Fisher went on Nashville radio and said that he would like to be considered for the vacancy.

“To answer your question, if that thing opens, I would love to hear from somebody,” Fisher said on ‘The George Plaster Show’. “There will be those naysayers who come out and say, ‘He’s never done it before.’ I’m a lot closer to it than people think. I hope that Coach Pruitt keeps his job. I don’t want to see anyone get fired, but if for some reason something goes wrong, and I’m hearing rumors the same as you’re hearing, then yeah I’d be interested in talking to them.”

Fisher then went on to say that he’s spent a lot of time over the last year watching the NFL and the coaching turnover within that league. However, Fisher has also paid close attention to the SEC due to his interest in the conference and because of his sons’ involvement with Auburn.

“More importantly than that, I spent a lot of time in the college game,” Fisher said. “Probably more specifically, studying the SEC. I love the SEC. I love that since we moved here I’ve been fascinated by the SEC as it compares to all the other conferences around the country. I have a son, as you know, that played at Auburn. My oldest son, Brandon, his future is up in the air right now as we speak. He was an analyst for Kevin Steele. I went to several games down there in person. I’ve really spent some time in the SEC."

by Hacksaw
3 years 3 days ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

St. Loser Fan wrote:What’s the college equivalent of “7-9 bullshit”?

Never sniffing a Bowl game.

by JackPMiller
3 years 3 days ago
Superstar

Hacksaw wrote:Never sniffing a Bowl game.

Tennessee State is a 1-AA school. That is they have no bowls, just playoffs. Tennessee State plays in the Ohio Valley Conference. Then again, Fisher is not the Head Coach, he is just an advisor.

by Hacksaw
3 years 3 days ago

St. Loser Fan wrote:I think the real question is when is Tennessee State is relocating to another city?

Ha, I see what you did there..

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 3 days ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Seriously though: Tennessee State? There are high schools in Texas with bigger football stadiums.

Quite possibly the only bigger fall has to be Mike Singletary getting fired from his high school coaching job a year or two ago for going 1-23.

by JackPMiller
3 years 3 days ago
Superstar

St. Loser Fan wrote:Seriously though: Tennessee State? There are high schools in Texas with bigger football stadiums.

Quite possibly the only bigger fall has to be Mike Singletary getting fired from his high school coaching job a year or two ago for going 1-23.

The school is located in Nashville. That is the same city, where the Tennessee Titans plays.

by Hacksaw
3 years 3 days ago

JackPMiller wrote:The school is located in Nashville. That is the same city, where the Tennessee Titans plays.

Good catch. How the mighty fell.

• 1 / 2
19 posts Apr 16 2024