13 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by CanuckRightWinger
3 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

I am visiting my Mom in Niagara and am staying Chez Ramsrams here in Toronto in prep for return flight to Vancouver....and I was thinking about the Draft.

My fear regarding 49er Draft plan is this:
Offensive Genius Shanahan, with the third overall pick , will pluck generational TE talent Kyle Pitts of Florida, 6'6" 240 lbs and FAST :shock2:
Coupled with star Niner TE George Kittle Shanahan will run 2-TE sets ad infinitum in 2021 perplexing opposing DCs on whether SF will run or pass on each play.
SF already has a formidable running game and they re-signed their Polish FB, who is no slouch IMHO :idea2:

Launching a whole totally unique new dimension Two-TE set is right up Shanahan's Wheelhouse, n'est-ce pas???!! :idea2:

....and having that unique and baffling look for opposing D's could even make seviceable Jimmy Gee look stellar IMHO.

Los Ramos flipped 2 First Round Picks for a generational DB named Ramsey in a NY Minute....
Ramsey was the 3rd overall NFL DRAFT pick after 2 stud QBs not too long ago. :idea2:
QUESTION: Might not SF pull a similar move later this month???

Okay....now discuss amongst yourselves!!!! ;) :arrow2: :lol2:

by PARAM
3 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:I am visiting my Mom in Niagara and am staying Chez Ramsrams here in Toronto in prep for return flight to Vancouver....and I was thinking about the Draft.

My fear regarding 49er Draft plan is this:
Offensive Genius Shanahan, with the third overall pick , will pluck generational TE talent Kyle Pitts of Florida, 6'6" 240 lbs and FAST :shock2:
Coupled with star Niner TE George Kittle Shanahan will run 2-TE sets ad infinitum in 2021 perplexing opposing DCs on whether SF will run or pass on each play.
SF already has a formidable running game and they re-signed their Polish FB, who is no slouch IMHO :idea2:

Launching a whole totally unique new dimension Two-TE set is right up Shanahan's Wheelhouse, n'est-ce pas???!! :idea2:

....and having that unique and baffling look for opposing D's could even make seviceable Jimmy Gee look stellar IMHO.

Los Ramos flipped 2 First Round Picks for a generational DB named Ramsey in a NY Minute....
Ramsey was the 3rd overall NFL DRAFT pick after 2 stud QBs not too long ago. :idea2:
QUESTION: Might not SF pull a similar move later this month???

Okay....now discuss amongst yourselves!!!! ;) :arrow2: :lol2:

That could happen Canuck!! It might surprise a lot of people but it could happen. The only potential flaw in that thinking is Jimmy G's problem isn't playing well as much as playing period. But then again, with a good run game, a good fullback and 2 good tight ends, it doesn't matter as much, who is under center. Plus he's got Deebo Samuel, who to this day, the Rams still haven't tackled!!!

by scramsfan
3 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   228  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

I hope that Shanny isn’t following you on RFU. That is a scary idea. If they take him, they would have fooled everyone.
I hope McVay is trying to stay ahead of the game now that he has a qb that in theory can do what he wants. Here’s hoping that he can show his wonder kid offensive talents to create some mismatches.
I also hope that Morris can adjust from week to week like Staley. Seems as though everyone talks about the #1 defense from last year as if it automatically rolls into this year.

by CRamsFly
3 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   176  
Rookie

I hope and pray this is the scenario that comes true - remember when the Niners drafted Vernon Davis? He was heavier (but shorter) and even faster (sub-4.4) than Kyle Pitts. The Niners giving up 2 extra 1st round picks for a TE? Please, give me more! :D

by snackdaddy
3 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

If you give up two future firsts you almost have to take a quarterback. If they went non QB their fans would be up in arms. I'm hoping they either go non QB or pick the wrong QB. :twisted2:

by Hacksaw
3 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

G-spot is a decent QB. Not as great as they make him out to be but could do the job. 2 TEs with a fullback could give him plenty of protection. But who'd stretch the field beside Dweebo? The db's could sit on alot of their routes. At first blush that would seem somewhat 1 dimensional.

by HopHead Ram
3 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

I think I am in agreement with a lot on here. You don't give up what you did to move up to the #3 spot to draft a TE. I don't care how generational you think he is, you need someone to get them the ball. Jimmy G clearly isn't the answer so unless a trade happens in the next couple of weeks, I think the Niners will be taking either Jones, Fields or Lance. No one is looking for a franchise TE ahead of a franchise QB and if they are I hope they are in my division because they are poorly run.

by JackPMiller
3 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   2729  
Superstar

Call me crazy, but I want the 9ers to draft Mac Jones. That is what is predicted. I am not sold on Jones as a QB, but if the 9ers do draft him, I predict he'll be a bust. When I watched him play at Alabama, I have not seen anything from him that says he is going to be a franchise QB. Or even a QB, you can play 16 games. To me, Mac Jones will be a bust. It would be great to see the 9ers trade all those 1st round picks for a guy that ends up being a bust.

• 1 / 2
13 posts Apr 18 2024