11 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by AvengerRam
3 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Here is my current draft board for the Rams.

I've left out players I feel are nearly certain to be selected in the top 40 picks and, therefore, will likely be out of the Rams' reach (and you won't find any QBs here!).

This is NOT the order I necessarily believe these players will be selected. Rather, this is my order of preference for the Rams.

1. Assante Samuel, Jr. CB, Florida State
2. Aaron Robinson, CB, Central Florida
3. Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State
4. Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma
5. Joseph, Ossai, EDGE, Texas
6. Jabril Cox, LB, LSU
7. Levi Onwuzurike, DL, Washington
8. Elijah Molden, CB, Washington
9. Quinn Meinerz, C/OG, Wisconsin-Whitewater
10. Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
11. Josh Myers, C, Ohio State
12. Quincy Roche, EDGE, Miami
13. Jevon Holland, S, Oregon
14. Joe Tryon, EDGE, Washington
15. Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame
16. Barron Browning, LB, Ohio State
17. Patrick Jones, EDGE, Pittsburgh
18. Cameron McGrone, LB, Michigan
19. Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina
20. Richie Grant, S, Central Florida
21. Osa Odighizuwa, DL, UCLA
22. Tutu Atwell, WR, Louisville
23. Tre Smith, OG, Tennessee
24. Victor Dimukeje, EDGE, Duke
25. D’Wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan
26. Hamsah Nasirildeen, S, Florida State
27. Spencer Brown, OT, Northern Iowa
28. Walker Little, OT, Stanford
29. Landon Dickerson, C, Alabama
30. Marvin Wilson, DL, Florida State
31. Darius Stills, DL, West Virginia
32. Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama
33. Monti Rice, LB, Georgia
34. Rodarius Williams, CB, Oklahoma State
35. Demetric Felton, WR/RB, UCLA
36. Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn
37. Shakur Brown, CB, Michigan State
38. Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama
39. Reed Blankenship, S, Middle Tennessee
40. Thomas Graham, Jr., CB, Oregon

by JackPMiller
3 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

Mine is different

This is NOT the order I necessarily believe these players will be selected. Rather, this is my order of preference for the Rams.

1. Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma
2. Quinn Meinerz, C/OG, Wisconsin-Whitewater
3. Walker Little, OT, Stanford
4. Barron Browning, LB, Ohio State
5. Joseph, Ossai, EDGE, Texas
6. Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama
7. Assante Samuel, Jr. CB, Florida State
8. Elijah Molden, CB, Washington
9. Aaron Robinson, CB, Central Florida
10. Levi Onwuzurike, DL, Washington
11. Josh Myers, C, Ohio State
12. Jabril Cox, LB, LSU
13. Eric Stokes, CB, Georgia
14. Quincy Roche, EDGE, Miami
15. Chazz Surratt, LB, North Carolina
16. Tutu Atwell, WR, Louisville
17. D’Wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan
18. Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia
19. Osa Odighizuwa, DL, UCLA
20. Demetric Felton WR UCLA
21. Tre Smith, OG, Tennessee
22. Victor Dimukeje, EDGE, Duke
23. Tommy Kraemer, OG, Notre Dame
24. Spencer Brown, OT, Northern Iowa
25. David Moore, OG, Grambling
26. Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina
27. Marvin Wilson, DL, Florida State
28. Darius Stills, DL, West Virginia
29. Monty Rice, LB, Georgia
30. Rodarius Williams, CB, Oklahoma State
31. Demetric Felton, WR/RB, UCLA
32. Rashad Weaver, EDGE, Pittsburgh
33. Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa
34. Simi Fehoko, WR, Stanford
35. Shakur Brown, CB, Michigan State
36. Deommodore Lenoir, CB, Oregon
37. Michael Menet, C/OG, Penn State
38. Chauncey Golston, EDGE, Iowa
39. Thomas Graham, Jr., CB, Oregon
40. Tuf Borland, LB, Ohio State

by sloramfan
3 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

i think the disappointment is going to be felt all over ramdom, when the rams do not select a center as their first or second pick...

my money is on cb or tackle... they probably have the center already on the team, we just don't know it.. i'm starting to push my chips toward anchrum getting the nod for center.. but who the hell among us really knows...

edge rusher is a strong maybe, depending on who's available, and the health of our two injured redshirts from last year... we really don't know how lewis' health is.. and obo can't stay healthy either...

hurry draft day, i'm getting frustrated with not knowing...

stay tuned..

go rams

slo

by 69RamFan
3 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   3171  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

I think the RAMs will draft with their first four picks,,, a C/G, Edge, OT and CB....

The Center they draft should be able to play both C and G....

So if Anchrum is the one that will be playing either G or C,

I still see us drafting another C/G, taking over for Corbett position for the future,,,,

I just don't feel Corbett is the right fit as a starting Guard, not powerful enough, more of a backup..... IMO

by PARAM
3 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   12242  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

I have no idea which way they'll go but of all the position groups that suffered losses in the off season, CB sticks out as the most prominent. Like many have pointed out, love em or hate em, they have 2 centers on the roster in Allen and Shelton. And apparently a lot of Ram fans believe Corbett and Anchrum are also C candidates.

What I would like to see? In no particular order.....CB, C, T, QB with the first 4 picks. After that?

by majik
3 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   1201  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

I am in sloramfan’s camp, I think OT or CB. I can see Corbett moving to Center with Anchrum or even Evans filling his RG position.

by AvengerRam
3 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Sounds like you guys agree with my board to the extent that I have two CBs and an OT above the highest rated center.

I won't be surprised either way. The Rams could take a center with their first selection, or not at all.

by JackPMiller
3 years 1 week ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

If we don't draft Humphey, Meinerz or Myers, I'd be OK with drafting Michael Menet from Penn State in the 6th round. I feel like he is underrated. I've seen this kid play, and believe me, he is good. He is coachable, will add more strength, and played for James Franklin, which helps alot to. In my mind, will be a steal for some team. Can play Center or Guard. Played Center most of his life.

by CanuckRightWinger
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

I like Avenger's list alot, and agree that what we'd like to see as individual Rams fans, may not match how 31 NFL GMs. plus our own Les ConsumateHorseTrader Snead will pick at their various opportunities.

With lack a 2021 viewing at the traditional Indy Combine, plus with all those NCAA BlueChip 2021 NFL Draft Candidates who sat out for covid reasons.....the Draftnik publications are all over the place, as to where NCAA studs will be selected......ESPECIALLY after the First Round! :idea2:

With all that "COVID UNCERTAINTY FACTOR" said above, I will also give my POV vis a vis the present state of 2021 Rams Draft Needs:

QB-we are set with Strafford and Wolford, et al. WE NEED TO DRAFT A "DEVELOPMENTAL QB" LIKE WE NEED A SUCKING CHEST WOUND!! :x

RB-we are set with Akers, DH, and Xavier Jones, and Raymond Calais. In every NFL Draft, decent RBs are like buses IE. there's another good one coming by every 5 minutes. Find a gem or two via UDFA phone calls early in May! :idea2:

FB: I am open to a UDFA IronHeaded FB project.

WR- we are set with Bobby Trees, Kupp, Jefferson....and mah man Tristan Jackson the Michigan transfer to Syracuse we stole via UDFA last Draft. No need to waste our meagre 2021 Draft capital on the WR position.

TE-we are set with Higbee, Hopkins and mah man Touchdown Johnny Mundt. Like WR above, maybe get some develomental TE type via 2021 UDFA method!

OL-we have one big problem :shock2: here.
We need to draft a stud OC. Period. Full Stop. The stud Detroit Lions OC Ragnold said that, in Detroit, Stafford in effect made all the blocking assignment calls. So let Stafford do the same here in LA. Duh! Draft a stud plug-in OC!!

OG-I think we are OK with Edwards, Corbett, Anchrum et al.

OT- Noteboom is supposed to be capable of replacing Whitworth. We could still use another Big Fuglie OT IMHO.

Here's where I worry...DEFENSE. We lost our stud DC Staley to the Chargers....and the new guy might be McVay's old Redskins drinking buddy.....BUT HE SUCKED AS THE FALCONS DC LAST YEAR.....SUCKED!! :x
PLUS.............On D, we lost alot of studs in Free Agency
Michael Brockers who did alot of the ugly run-stuffing work.
Morgan Fox who had SIX sacks in only 60% of 2020 snaps played.
Samson Ebukam our OLB starter who had good pursuit speed & made some big plays in his 4 years as a Ram.
Troy Hill who was an effective Slot CB for us, and a dynamic playmaker.
John Johnson III, our defensive playcaller and 3rd Round 2017 Draft steal, who will be missed the most.

Unlike PA, I am not too worried about CB, as we are set outside with Darious Williams and AllWorld CB Jalen Ramsey. The slot CB spot will be filled by David Long, or somebody we pick up......
BUT, what I AM VERY WORRIED ABOUT IS OUR FRONT SEVEN....

Green Bay ran up 500 yards on us in our Playoff loss, including alot of rushing yards. I am not convinced that A'Shawn Robinson is as good as his Alabama NCAA press clippings were, not am I seeing any Merlin Olsen mental images emerging from Greg Gaines' play so far.

We also had zero pass rush on Aaron Rodgers with AD being limited by his rib injury in our Playoff loss. We need better run stuffing and MUCH BETTER PASS RUSHING HELP FOR AD AND LEONARD FLOYD!!! Obo and Terrell Lewis spend too much time in Reggie's tub to be legitimately counted on for 2021 IMHO.

AT ILB....I think Micah Kiser, Travin Howard, Roseboom, Reeder, and Kenny Young should be able to fillout two ILB spots between them!!! No need to blow Draft treasure on ILB IMHO.

I think we are set at Safety with Taylor Rapp, Terrell Burgess, and Sinbad's nephew.....Nick Scott ain't bad either!!!

Anyhoo, with all the above alibis.....here's what I'd like to see in a coupla weeks....

RD/Pick/PLAYER NAME AND POSITION/SCHOOL.....commentary
2 /57/ CREED HUMPHREY OC/ OKLAHOMA.......Start him Day One, let Stafford make the calls.
3 /88/ PATRICK JONES II ER/ PITTSBURGH.............AD WOULD LOVE MENTORING A PITT KID!!!
3 /103/ JAYLEN TWYMAN DL/PITTSBURGH...........AD WOULD LOVE MENTORING 2 PITT KIDS MORE!
4 /141/ OSA ODIGHISUWA DL/ UCLA........MORE BEEF TO RUN STUFF & PUSH LAZY ROBINSON!
6 /209 THOMAS GRAHAM CB/ OREGON..............UNDERVALUED RANCHO CUCAMUNGA CA KID!
7 /252 COLE VAN LANEN OT/ WISCONSIN...............DEVELOPMENTAL OT FROM WISCONSIN OL FACTORY.

.....PLUS 20+ UDFAs....as this Covid Year there will be more UDFA gems than usual!!! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:

by PARAM
2 years 11 months ago
 Total posts:   12242  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

I agree with a lot of things you say Canuck. A LOT. But.....

I disagree we don't have a need at CB. Sure we have Ramsey and DWill but Long hasn't shown anything and the rest could all be JAGs. It's a passing league and you ALWAYS need guys to stop the pass. That's why I believe CB is on their draft agenda for day 2, if not their first pick.

The C/OT need is legit. Not that I believe Noteboom can't handle OT but I like insurance. Center is certainly a need and there are two groups.....the guys who will be gone by the end of the third round and the guys taken a couple rounds later. Which area we select a C is anybody's guess. I'm hoping it's early but I wonder what they think? They've never invested much money in the position and with Stafford being a wizard at setting blocking assignments, I have to wonder how much draft capital they'll be willing to spend. We could see an OT on the draft tracker for the Rams before we see a C.

Edge seems to be everybody's favorite need (after center). Again, they have a history of not grabbing those guys early with Lewis being the highest Edge draft pick since they drafted Quinn in 2011....and that was pre-Snead. I guess what they think of Obo and Lewis will determine how high they grab one in 2 weeks, if at all.

I don't know how "set" we are at TE with Mundt, the blocker, Higbee (the overpaid pass catcher :D ) and the unproven Hopkins. WR seems set but Desean is on a 1 year deal and Trishton J (who I also like) hasn't played. There may be something to that kid they met with who is built like a TE but runs like a WR (I forget his name but I think he's from UCF).

I am one of those "draft a developmental QB" because unlike much of Ramsnation, I'm not as impressed with Wolford as everybody else. I don't think he's the reverse of "built like Tarzan, hits like Jane". I just think he's a small QB who can make plays with his legs. And it seems the best plays he makes are with his legs, which doesn't bode too well for a QB. Despite wanting to see a youngster come in, I wonder if they'll pull the trigger if the opportunity arises.

I'd love to see them grab a big hitting, quick LB who can cover. How many of those are in this draft? And RBs are like buses but you never know when you're going to need one. Both Akers and Henderson missed time last year and after them what do we have? I agree we could use a big body in the middle of the DL.

Like always, none of us are going to get everything we want but I have faith in this regime. So I can't wait to see what direction they go.

• 1 / 2
11 posts Apr 18 2024