7 posts
  • 1 / 1
 by JackPMiller
1 week ago
 Total posts:   1688  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

He was the starting Center at Stanford for the past two seasons. It makes me wonder how much Cranberry likes him, especially if he can play in Cranberry's system. Again, Dalman played for Cranberry for three seasons.

by 69RamFan
1 week ago
 Total posts:   1293  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Pro Bowl

I'll pass,

We need a dominant power center, not another Allen type center

by Hacksaw
1 week ago
 Total posts:   19137  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Road grader please.

by JackPMiller
1 week ago
 Total posts:   1688  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

I would love having a Center being a Physical type of Center, Road Grader, or whatever you want to call it, maybe McVay's OLine schemes is based on the zone scheme, which doesn't fit with a Road Grader.

by Hacksaw
1 week ago
 Total posts:   19137  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

JackPMiller wrote:I would love having a Center being a Physical type of Center, Road Grader, or whatever you want to call it, maybe McVay's OLine schemes is based on the zone scheme, which doesn't fit with a Road Grader.

Butt needs to stay free of grass stains whether it's pushing, traping or walling. Bigger and nastier the better imo.
Grade the road so our RB's are running downhill.

by 69RamFan
1 week ago
 Total posts:   1293  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Pro Bowl

JackPMiller wrote:I would love having a Center being a Physical type of Center, Road Grader, or whatever you want to call it, maybe McVay's OLine schemes is based on the zone scheme, which doesn't fit with a Road Grader.

No its not just based on Zone,,,

McVay was mixing it up,,,

Depending on who we played...

The top three centers, Humphrey, Myers and Meinerz will be able to play power and zone...

Those type of centers can't hold power DT from coming up the middle or anchor down on the block.... they get push back...

Our QB won't be able to step up in the pocket...

Stafford is pocket QB with mobility if the pocket breaks down...

As I stated,,, we already have Allen,,, we dont need another Allen...

Why waist a draft pick with the same type of player.....

by /zn/
1 week ago
 Total posts:   6009  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

69RamFan wrote:No its not just based on Zone,,,

McVay was mixing it up,,,

Depending on who we played...

The top three centers, Humphrey, Myers and Meinerz will be able to play power and zone...

Those type of centers can't hold power DT from coming up the middle or anchor down on the block.... they get push back...

Our QB won't be able to step up in the pocket...

Stafford is pocket QB with mobility if the pocket breaks down...

As I stated,,, we already have Allen,,, we dont need another Allen...

Why waist a draft pick with the same type of player.....
'

Yeah I occasionally see this argument out there that zone offenses are particularly vulnerable when facing strong pressure up the middle.

And no you cannot generalize that way. There have been zone teams that can pass protect even against tough DLs and give the qb room to step up.

And as you say the Rams mixed it up anyway, they were not running strict ZBS plays every down.

Either way I keep hearing from different college football watcher types (of which I am not one) that Dalman has all the drawbacks Allen does.

• 1 / 1
7 posts Apr 15 2021