27 posts
  • 3 / 3
 by PARAM
3 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12247  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

It's been speculated by some our head coach has somewhat of an ego. I would suppose you have to have a great deal of self confidence to succeed at this level. But with that tweet in mind, perhaps McVay's ego is outdone by Shanahan's? "I know it's never been done successfully, but then again, it's never been done by me". McSnead have traded some first round picks away....in bunches....but never for a draft prospect. They were traded for confirmed NFL stars. There is a distinct difference.

by safer
3 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1275  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Then there's also the FACT that the Niners now sit at #3, right behind their Ol' Buddy and Jets HC sitting at #2....................hmmmm.............Doesn't one have to wonder IF Saleh tipped his hand to his former team who plays in a different conference? That would not surprise me at all. I'm hoping the Jets will stick with Darnold; get a boatload of picks from Carolina, and spiff the Whiners :D

by snackdaddy
3 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9662  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Everything I've read or heard about Trevor Lawrence indicates these people think he's a can't miss choice. After him though, its anyone's guess if the other guys will turn out to be franchise quarterbacks. I have to think Saleh tipped his hand and told Shanahan they aren't picking his guy. Why else would you give up so much to move up to the 3rd spot? I could see it if it was for the top pick.

by HopHead Ram
3 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

The big question is "Who is their guy?" I'm thinking the Jets are taking Wilson. That leaves Jones, Lance or Fields for the Niners. I think Fields is the pick. They needed to get in front of the Falcons at #4 and I don't think they trade what they did for Lance at #3.

by actionjack
3 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3963  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

snackdaddy wrote:Everything I've read or heard about Trevor Lawrence indicates these people think he's a can't miss choice. After him though, its anyone's guess if the other guys will turn out to be franchise quarterbacks. I have to think Saleh tipped his hand and told Shanahan they aren't picking his guy. Why else would you give up so much to move up to the 3rd spot? I could see it if it was for the top pick.

According to Silver, they like what is left after Trevor and Wilson. Also niners reporting they think last year was anomaly, full guns this season, hmmmmm

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 3 weeks ago
 Total posts:   10520  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

by snackdaddy
3 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   9662  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

So the Jets trading Darnold pretty much assures the whiners will be picking the 3rd QB. I wonder if they knew that would be the case? Or did they think the Jets might pick a non QB and leave the 49ers a choice of QB's after Lawrence? Giving up two future first round picks for the 3rd best QB seems desperate to me. I hope it blows up on them. :twisted2:

• 3 / 3
27 posts Apr 26 2024