24 posts
  • 1 / 3
 by 69RamFan
3 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   3172  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

As of right now,

Still uncleared on whether we get five comp picks with the hiring of a black GM/HC or just four max...
(I'm kind of lazy going over and reading the new rules... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: )

But the Comp pick listing is showing we have five.

3rd/GM Holmes
4th/JJ
6th/Hill
6th/Ebukam
6th/Everett

Giving us at least 10 or 11 picks in 2022

by ramsman34
3 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

How do they already know what round the picks will be? Is it all based on contract? Also, if we sign outside FA's that would affect our potential comp picks yes?

by 69RamFan
3 years 4 weeks ago
Superstar

ramsman34 wrote:How do they already know what round the picks will be? Is it all based on contract? Also, if we sign outside FA's that would affect our potential comp picks yes?

There is a comp pick formula...

They have a list of all the picks on there, and its updated daily, the picks could move up or down depending on any signings, or taken away if we signed a FA coming off a contract, not to include cut personnel... but it pretty much accurate...

The RAMs/Snead are pretty good on who they sign as a FA from not losing comp picks...

They usually go after cut FA only so that way they dont lose a comp pick and keep away from FA coming off their contracts.... but will go after those FA after the cut off date...

by Elvis
3 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Because the GM/HC picks don't count against the 32 limit, i'm guessing they also don't count against the 4 per team limit but we'll see...

by ramsman34
3 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   8523  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

69RamFan wrote:There is a comp pick formula...

They have a list of all the picks on there, and its updated daily, the picks could move up or down depending on any signings, or taken away if we signed a FA coming off a contract, not to include cut personnel... but it pretty much accurate...

The RAMs/Snead are pretty good on who they sign as a FA from not losing comp picks...

They usually go after cut FA only so that way they dont lose a comp pick and keep away from FA coming off their contracts.... but will go after those FA after the cut off date...

Thought so but thanks for clearing that up. Perhaps that’s why the reported interest in just cut Adoree Jackson? He intrigues me.

This and next off season are and will be some of the most interesting in Rams’ history I believe.

by PARAM
3 years 4 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:How do they already know what round the picks will be? Is it all based on contract? Also, if we sign outside FA's that would affect our potential comp picks yes?

The way I've always heard it is NOBODY really knows how the formula works other than, contract signed (the heaviest weighing factor) by the UFA you lost and something to do with playing time/performance. There is one guy on the internet who pretty much nails it and I'm sure somebody on a Rams site will post his prediction when it happens.

I thought I read (and I could be wrong) that 4 is the max, including minority hires. Well at least, I hope I'm wrong.

by 69RamFan
3 years 4 weeks ago
Superstar

Just went over the rules on Comp pick Limits.

The way I read it...

There is a limit of four comp picks, unless we get awarded for the minority GM/HC....

So it looks like we will get five comp picks for 2022....

3rd/GM Holmes (2nd pick awarded)
4th/JJ
6th/Hill
6th/Ebukam
6th/Everett

To included our own regular picks
2nd
3rd
5th
6th
7th
7th (Trade from Miami for Talib)

A total of 11 picks going into 2022...

We could see Snead trading up with four 6th and two 7th round picks to play with for the right player.

by PARAM
3 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

None for Blythe? We got robbed!!!

But 6???? Man Snead is going to have a field day moving up and down next year!!!!

by Elvis
3 years 2 weeks ago
 Total posts:   38452  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

PARAM wrote:None for Blythe? We got robbed!!!

But 6???? Man Snead is going to have a field day moving up and down next year!!!!

The limit is 4, probably 5 in our case so even if we have 6 qualifiers we won't get 6.

April 27th is when FA signings/loses no longer count in comp formula so may see some action then...

• 1 / 3
24 posts Apr 19 2024