163 posts
  • 17 / 17
 by Hacksaw
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Agreed @moklerman ,, I mean there is plenty more we are discussing, but results don't lie about McVay. He isn't the trunk of such a rapidly growing coaching tree by accident.
At the same time, the Oline hasn't appeared up to the task protecting the qb. Run blocking they do a decent job but the jury is definitely hung on Kromer.
With the teams recent commitment to a new passer, I can see why the Oline coach's job / performance could have found itself front and center. I can see where that focus and ensuing conversation might not have gone well considering the eye test we've all witnessed.

by CanuckRightWinger
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

It remains a mystery to me why guys are so concerned about:
1. Why Kromer was released;
2. The timing of Kromer's release some weeks after the Rams season ended;
3. If Kromer's release was related somehow to his son Zac Kromer also being on Rams staff...

As a guy who wanted Kromer gonzo along with Wade Phillips at the end of the 2019 Season where we missed the PostSeason, I see clearly the answers to the 3 supposed baffling riddles above:

Question 1. To me, Kromer's sins were plentiful.
Aaron Kromer thought Noteboom & Allen were ready for Primetime and could replace Saffold & Sully. :roll2:
Kromer then Doubled-Down on the above erroneous assumption by not giving Noteboom & Allen reps in the 2019 PreSeason....because they were anointed starters. :?
When Noteboom went down, kept plugging in his pet Jemil Demby, as Boom's replacement starter in our 2019 OL. :x :arrow2: :evil2:
Snead realized the 2019 Ram OL talent deficit and scrambled to pull-off a nice late trade with the Browns, getting OG Austin #33OverallPick Corbett for Los Ramos 2020 Fifth Round Pick.

Waning 2019 Offensive Production
I mean, even with Gurley's ills, the Rams had Malcolm Brown, Gurley, Henderson and Kelly as ther 2019 RBs....so not exactly the Detroit Lions RB room, huh. :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:
Receiver-wise the 2019 Rams had Woods, Kupp, Cooks, Reynolds, Higbee, and Everett as targets......so not too shabby in the pass-catcher department in 2019 either, eh??!!

2019 Jared Goff was a carry-over from 2018 Jared Goff......so then, why the drastic drop in Ram Offensive production in 2019, from their stellar Points Scored 2018 SB Run season production huh???
Answer: Shitty OL performance! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:
Then in 2020....offensive production is worse, and RB room now has Cam Akers, and Ram receiver ranks, both WR & TE, still formidible.....
So, did Goff just naturally decline? Or was shoddy OL play a big contributor to Goff's poor showing?
Clearly, McVay decided to get rid of BOTH...Goff, and the OL architect. :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:

Question 2: Why wait 5 weeks to gas Kromer?
McVay was busy replacing his DC, ST and Passing Co-Ordinators et al.
McVay might have been angling to get his old Redskins buddy Callahan to the Rams as OL Coach....but, after some time, it fell thru? So he grabbed Callahan disciple Carberry as a consolation prize?
Like I posted elsewhere.....a 5 week delay in replacing an Assistant NFL Coach is not like a 5 week delay on the battlefield during a war. McVay's delay on replacing Kromer does not make him General von Kluge, the German SpongeBob DitherPants, who held back the panzer counterattack at Normandy, okay???!!! :roll2:
Sean McVay had other eggs (bigger eggs!) to fry before he dealt with his OL Coach.

Question 3: What Zac Kromer has to do with his dad getting cashiered by Los Ramos?
ME: WHO CARES???!!! :roll2:

Hope the above satisfies all the Sam Spade/Agatha Christie theorists out there on this
Why Aaron Kromer Was Fired Enigma. :P

by PARAM
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Whether it was over his son or over his opinion, the reports are it was after a long conversation with McVay and it wasn't in the plans going in. So performance wasn't the issue, reportedly. That's why curious fans want to know. Some fans wanted him gone and are glad he's gonzo so they don't care why, though they can point to the firing and say, "see, I told ya his performance sucked". But supposedly it wasn't that and the timing of it makes that seem logical. The fact Goff was traded because of lack of offensive production seems to complicate the theory it was Kromer's production that McVay was unhappy about. So inquiring minds want to know, that's all.

moklerman wrote:Isn't it nice to be in such a position that the OL coach seems so important?

We really are in a golden age as Rams fans when a guy who seemed to produce mediocre results generates this much conversation by being replaced. By a 10+ win HC no less! If McVay wants a change, for whatever reason, he's earned the benefit of doubt IMO.

McVay is one of the most successful head coaches in the NFL since he took the job. Hard to question anything he's done. I'm sure Carbury will have this O line blocking like the Slater to Pankey OLs of the 80's. McVay wanted him bad. Obviously, it took SM almost 5 weeks to convince him to take over for Kromer. This move, combined with the Stafford/Goff trade has made us the NFC favorite and that was written before the OL coaching change!! So the odds have to be even better (now that McVay finally got his hands on those pictures Kromer had). Finally, ALL the pieces are in place. You think 43-21 was good? How about 14-2 or 15-1? It's another great day to be a Ram fan. Hosting the SB in LA with the Rams? Awesome.

The only thing left to discover is who gets restructured, traded or cut to get under the 2021 cap (reportedly 183 mil).

• 17 / 17
163 posts Apr 18 2024