163 posts
  • 13 / 17
 by PARAM
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12243  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:There are going to be big personnel changes in the ranks of the dozen or so Ram OLineman with Free Agency and the Draft coming up.......so I really don't see why losing 4 weeks is a big fooking deal on the OLine meister replacement.

Big changes?? We can hope!!!!

Hey, I'm hoping he's learned a bit from Callahan. He already knows McVay so that's good.

As far as "Staley getting 'his' guys on the defense", the only newcomers were Floyd (who Staley knew well and may have actually helped explain Staley's defensive theory), Robinson (who didn't suit up until the 2nd half of the year) and rookies Jordan Fuller, Terrell Burgess and Terrell Lewis (who all missed considerable time). It's not like Staley brought in a half dozen "of his guys" on defense. However, the fact most of the 2019 defense was intact makes the job Staley did even more impressive.

by CanuckRightWinger
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

I have to agree with you PA....that whilst there is no question that Leonard Floyd was a huge figure in Staley's 2020 Rams D.....you are right about the other Ram D newcomers not being so big due to injury (Lewis, Burgess, Fuller), or Covid concern (A'Shawn Robinson) and platooning (mah man Justin Hollins)....

Maybe that's what McVay saw in 2019.....IE. Los Ramos had the roster strength/talent to be a formidible D in 2019 the whole time, but we missed the boat due to Wade Phillips laid back soft zone system?? :?2: Hence the quick axe on WP and the January 16th hire of Staley from Denver.

However, regarding the 2020 Ram OLine roster strength/talent level, um...I do not think Sean McVay is viewing them the same as he did his 2019 Defensive personnel talent...IE. we got the horses, we just need a better wagon-driver.

No, no.....I think McVay is tired of Kromer's Developmental Pets like:
Brian Allen
Jamil Demby
Coleman Shelton
.....and I think McVay has seen enough of veteran OC Austin Blythe as well.
I also think Joe Noteboom is overrated and will never be a dominant LT in the NFL. Capable swingman? Sure! But Noteboom is not going to be Andrew Whitworth 2.0 IMHO.

Heck, if you doubt there will be wholesale personnel changes in store for Los Ramos 2021 OLine, you only have to see that McSnead are already shopping Rob Havenstein....AND PER PFF, HAVENSTEIN WAS ONE OF OUR TOP 2020 OLINE PERFORMERS!!! :shock2:

So, I think Whitworth comes back, and Edwards, Corbett, Evans.....and Anchrum are all keepers......as well as Chandler Brewer if the Covid coast is clear for him in 2021.

But other than those yutes and Whit......now that even Havenstein is being shopped.....IMHO I think there will be alot of new OLine bodies for Kevin Carberry to be working with in 2021. :idea2:

by moklerman
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

/zn/ wrote:IMO. They would have recognized much sooner that the 2000 DL had issues (all 4 players had surgery in the off-season) and the 2000 draft would not have been as stupid as it was. For as long as Vermeil was there in fact the drafts would have been better. Armey was not nearly as good without Vermeil. (And then Martz and Zygmunt froze Armey out there for a few years anyway, and if anything they were worse.)

DV also would have had the clout to keep guys like Fletcher.

I agree that Martz leaving would not have been a big deal. Saunders ran an offense just like the GSOT and nearly as prolific in Kansas City. It was either 1st or 2nd in scoring for 3 straight years.
On top of the offense being nearly as prolific, imagine the fortified OL that they likely would have employed to keep Warner healthy?

I always thought losing Martz would have been unacceptable but as much as I love him, as the years have gone by I have been a lot more open to the possibilities if Vermeil had stayed. I mean, it's even within the realm of possibility that he could have kept Martz for a another year.

by faulkrram
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   269  
United States of America   Vermeil Country
Rookie

Something no one's mentioned. Kromer didn't wear his Covid mask correctly and couldn't design a line configuration that kept 6'of social distancing so the Rams just had to let Kromer go. Kromer's lack of concern regarding the health of the team can never be tolerated and he is now in Covid sensitivity training after he has quarantined for 10 days …….

by Rams the Legends live on
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1987  
United States of America   Colorado Springs
Pro Bowl

faulkrram wrote:Something no one's mentioned. Kromer didn't wear his Covid mask correctly and couldn't design a line configuration that kept 6'of social distancing so the Rams just had to let Kromer go. Kromer's lack of concern regarding the health of the team can never be tolerated and he is now in Covid sensitivity training after he has quarantined for 10 days …….

LOL....That made me laugh for sure....LOL Great to see ya old friend, hope all has been well for ya.

by Haden
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2134  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

faulkrram wrote:Something no one's mentioned. Kromer didn't wear his Covid mask correctly and couldn't design a line configuration that kept 6'of social distancing so the Rams just had to let Kromer go. Kromer's lack of concern regarding the health of the team can never be tolerated and he is now in Covid sensitivity training after he has quarantined for 10 days …….

And I thought it was that Kromer was caught looking down the top of McVay's girlfriend. Thanks for clearing things up!

by snackdaddy
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Haden wrote:And I thought it was that Kromer was caught looking down the top of McVay's girlfriend. Thanks for clearing things up!

If that was the reason McVay would have to can most of his staff. And a few players. 8-)

by Flash
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1205  
United States of America   Houston
Pro Bowl

snackdaddy wrote:If that was the reason McVay would have to can most of his staff. And a few players. 8-)

And a few RFU members!

by Haden
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2134  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

snackdaddy wrote:If that was the reason McVay would have to can most of his staff. And a few players. 8-)

Maybe that is the real explanation for the mass departures. I think we have solved the mystery!!!!!

by St. Loser Fan
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   10511  
United States of America   Saint Louis MO
Hall of Fame

Haden wrote:And I thought it was that Kromer was caught looking down the top of McVay's girlfriend. Thanks for clearing things up!

Just remember it’s like looking at the sun. It’s dangerous and if it should be done, only with a quick glance.

• 13 / 17
163 posts Apr 19 2024