163 posts
  • 16 / 17
 by HopHead Ram
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

PARAM wrote:And coaches that perform well will be hired away!!!

BTW, I wouldn't call the Bonemengo correction quick!! What would have been quick is if he was fired after the Jets blocked that punt in week 15. Immediately. At halftime!!

LOL. Yea well quickly in the context of not extending the mistake into the next season.

by CanuckRightWinger
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

So Pennsylvania wants me "to lighten up" eh? :?2:
Okay, how about some humor?
To wit:

TOP TEN INAPPROPRIATE UTTERANCES THAT GOT KROMER FIRED

ONCE DESCRIBED ESK AS THE ONLY OWNER TO ATTEND NFL MEETINGS WITH A POSSUM TAPED TO THE TOP OF HIS HEAD. :o

KEPT REFERRING TO MCVAY & O'CONNELL AS "THOSE TWO MICK PRICKS". :shock2:

DISCOVERING MCVAY FIANCEE VERONIKA WAS UKRAINIAN, HIT HER WITH THESE GEMS:

OUT OF 100 BABIES IN A HOSPITAL NURSERY, HOW CAN YOU PICK OUT THE UKRAINIAN BABY?
IT'S THE ONE WRAPPED IN CABBAGE LEAVES! :?

WHAT'S THE THREE DAY FORECAST FOR CHERNOBYL?
TWO DAYS!! :oops2:

AFTER CHERNOBYL, WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH CHICKEN KIEV??
A BLACK RUSSIAN!!! :roll2:

THEN AT RAMS GATHERINGS & PARTIES....
KEPT INTRODUCING HIS BROTHER-IN-LAW, ZIGGY, THE HAIRPLUG SALESMAN, TO ANDREW WHITWORTH. :(

AFTER A FEW BEERS, AK WOULD GET SLOPPY, SLAP DEMOFF ON THE BACK, & ASK "HOW'S THE LITTLE PISCHER TODAY?" :|

WHEN HE FIRST MET JOHN BONAMEGO HE TOLD THIS ONE:
WHAT DO YOU CALL A GUY WITH NO ARMS, NO LEGS, AND NO HAIR?
DICK!!! :oops2:

AT THE SAME RAMS PARTY, AK GOT INTO AN ARGUMENT WHEN MRS. KROENKE SAID "THE BIRD OF LOVE, IS THE DOVE."
AK REPLIED, "NO, NO, THE BIRD OF TRUE LOVE....IS THE SWALLOW!" :o

FINAL STRAW FOR AK AT THE SAME RAMS PARTY GATHERING...
WHEN AK FOUND OUT THAT IT WAS RAMS PUNTER JOHNNY HEKKER WHO FOUND PK SLOMAN'S REPLACEMENT, AK SAID TO LES SNEAD:
"HEY, WHAT THE HELL IS IT YOU DO AROUND HERE ANYWAY??!!" :lol2:

ME: ....and PA, quit calling me Shirley!!! ;) :arrow2: :lol2:

by Haden
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2134  
United States of America   Spokane, WA
RFU Survivor Champ

CanuckRightWinger wrote:So Pennsylvania wants me "to lighten up" eh? :?2:
Okay, how about some humor?
To wit:

TOP TEN INAPPROPRIATE UTTERANCES THAT GOT KROMER FIRED

ONCE DESCRIBED ESK AS THE ONLY OWNER TO ATTEND NFL MEETINGS WITH A POSSUM TAPED TO THE TOP OF HIS HEAD. :o

KEPT REFERRING TO MCVAY & O'CONNELL AS "THOSE TWO MICK PRICKS". :shock2:

DISCOVERING MCVAY FIANCEE VERONIKA WAS UKRAINIAN, HIT HER WITH THESE GEMS:

OUT OF 100 BABIES IN A HOSPITAL NURSERY, HOW CAN YOU PICK OUT THE UKRAINIAN BABY?
IT'S THE ONE WRAPPED IN CABBAGE LEAVES! :?

WHAT'S THE THREE DAY FORECAST FOR CHERNOBYL?
TWO DAYS!! :oops2:

AFTER CHERNOBYL, WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH CHICKEN KIEV??
A BLACK RUSSIAN!!! :roll2:

THEN AT RAMS GATHERINGS & PARTIES....
KEPT INTRODUCING HIS BROTHER-IN-LAW, ZIGGY, THE HAIRPLUG SALESMAN, TO ANDREW WHITWORTH. :(

AFTER A FEW BEERS, AK WOULD GET SLOPPY, SLAP DEMOFF ON THE BACK, & ASK "HOW'S THE LITTLE PISCHER TODAY?" :|

WHEN HE FIRST MET JOHN BONAMEGO HE TOLD THIS ONE:
WHAT DO YOU CALL A GUY WITH NO ARMS, NO LEGS, AND NO HAIR?
DICK!!! :oops2:

AT THE SAME RAMS PARTY, AK GOT INTO AN ARGUMENT WHEN MRS. KROENKE SAID "THE BIRD OF LOVE, IS THE DOVE."
AK REPLIED, "NO, NO, THE BIRD OF TRUE LOVE....IS THE SWALLOW!" :o

FINAL STRAW FOR AK AT THE SAME RAMS PARTY GATHERING...
WHEN AK FOUND OUT THAT IT WAS RAMS PUNTER JOHNNY HEKKER WHO FOUND PK SLOMAN'S REPLACEMENT, AK SAID TO LES SNEAD:
"HEY, WHAT THE HELL IS IT YOU DO AROUND HERE ANYWAY??!!" :lol2:

ME: ....and PA, quit calling me Shirley!!! ;) :arrow2: :lol2:

Thats some funny shit Canuck. I have a fair amount of Ukrainian family heritage and you nailed that one!!! Good shit!!! By the way, the possum on ESK's head almost caused me to spew my Diet Coke. Isn't that the truth!!! Those rugs can be tough to take, almost as bad as the wig Tom Brady wore while he waited for his hair plugs to take. :o :o :o .

by Rams1PlateSince1976
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2079  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Pro Bowl

Guys with wigs and hair implants hate me. I shave the hair off my head on purpose! I find it much more comfortable. Also keeps you slightly cooler in warm weather. I first shaved hair off head about twenty years ago in spring turkey season because it made it much easier to pick ticks off my head. Quickly realized it was more comfortable altogether. The Darby (the wife) hates it and resists shaving head so I get about 85% shaved off by myself. Later she will do some touch-up so I don't have patches.

It might have been John Madden who said there is something wrong with a guy who looks at the mirror more than once a day.

by faulkrram
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   269  
United States of America   Vermeil Country
Rookie

Ha, Legend great to see you too. All is going great brother, moved from Calistoga area up to North Eastern calif. Lifes going great as I have 2 beautiful grand kids now and just keeping away from society. Still rockin and running a Tree business...I see Cat Rams here and there on Facebook but am glad to see so many Rams fans from the old days frequent here. Shows me that all us old fks always were True Rams fans. Hows all going with you bud?

by faulkrram
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   269  
United States of America   Vermeil Country
Rookie

Glad I could help clear things up, Kromer should be out of Covid sensitivity training by fri....

by Elvis
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38457  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Just listened to the latest 11 Personnel and didn't really add to what Jourdan said in her mailbag. Rich stressed that it was not for performance. Here's Jourdan from the mailbag:

Like most situations that happen behind closed doors, the decision to part ways with Kromer carried some nuance. While a team spokesman characterized the breakup as “mutual,” my understanding is that it didn’t start out that way. The sense I got from team sources was that it was time to split the father-son dynamic on the staff (Kromer’s son, Zak, is an offensive assistant for the Rams). This may have been in part due to McVay wanting a bit of a change in staff dynamic, and in part due to the prospect of more internal growth opportunity for Zak Kromer, who remains on staff.

The conversation that led to the mutual parting was described to me as “not contentious in any way,” and I’ll note I’d expect Kromer to easily find a job considering his experience if he wants to keep coaching. McVay identified former Stanford offensive line coach Kevin Carberry as Kromer’s replacement, which is an intriguing hire — not least because of how Stanford utilizes its blocking and run game concepts.

Can't say i find this very compelling.

The Rams decided they didn't like the dynamic of father/son on the staff so they keep the quality control coach?

That doesn't really pass the smell test.

Now maybe the Rams said they wanted to move on from Zak and from there it somehow evolved to Kromer leaving to save his kid's job?. I guess i could maybe see that.

With certain moves you can see the intention.

Like from Wade to Staley. It was clear McVay had a specific direction he wanted to go. Same with Goff to Stafford, McVay clearly has a vision and direction he wants to go.

I didn't really see that with Bones. Bonamego was a nothing hire. That tells me (or at least suggests) that Bones' departure wasn't planned so McVay just grabbed somebody to replace him.

DeCamillis seems like a more focused hire.

And with Kromer this one again doesn't feel particularly planned or intentional to me.

It's not that i'm a huge Kromer guy or an apologist but this one doesn't read to me like McVay had a plan that involved moving on, feels more like it just happened, kind of in the Bones mold.

Anyway, i hope Carberry is someone McVay had his eye on, someone who brings what McVay is looking for to the job and not just a guy we grabbed after a unplanned vacancy opened up...

by Hacksaw
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

With so many moving parts chances are they could get a misfire. I too hope that all the hires were planned improvements.

Moldy Bones. lol

by snackdaddy
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:Guys with wigs and hair implants hate me. I shave the hair off my head on purpose! I find it much more comfortable. Also keeps you slightly cooler in warm weather. I first shaved hair off head about twenty years ago in spring turkey season because it made it much easier to pick ticks off my head. Quickly realized it was more comfortable altogether. The Darby (the wife) hates it and resists shaving head so I get about 85% shaved off by myself. Later she will do some touch-up so I don't have patches.

It might have been John Madden who said there is something wrong with a guy who looks at the mirror more than once a day.

I wish I was bald. When hair cutters were closed in the lock down I seriously thought about shaving my head. Low maintenance that way. Its a pain in the ass sometimes. But Mrs Snack said she'd put jalapenos in the Preparation H if I did that. She says at my age my hair is all I got left. :?

by moklerman
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

Isn't it nice to be in such a position that the OL coach seems so important?

We really are in a golden age as Rams fans when a guy who seemed to produce mediocre results generates this much conversation by being replaced. By a 10+ win HC no less! If McVay wants a change, for whatever reason, he's earned the benefit of doubt IMO.

• 16 / 17
163 posts Apr 19 2024