• 2 / 5
 by sloramfan
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

LOL!!!

that's a pretty hefty .02 hacksaw!...

i prefer to have it in the forum because i have a hard time finding the draft forum...

go rams

slo

by sloramfan
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

i just figured it out...

actually i was cliking everthing on the page and...

clik where it says los angeles rams fan furum... whoda thunk?...

lol.. i know, i'm getting there.. (21st century)

go rams

slo

by Hacksaw
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

The calm before the storm is in full swing.

by CanuckRightWinger
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Last year for the 2020 Draft I urged McSnead to:

DRAFT OLINE EARLY AND OFTEN!

....but they didn't. :(

Hopefully this year, with Kromer replaced by Carberry, and O'Connell with another year in McVay's system.....and after watching a middling Packer D slap our OLine around like a bunch of Vienna Choir Boys in our Playoff game at Lambeau :oops2: .....

maybe THIS year McSnead will draft some Big Fuglies to protect our Stafford investment, eh!!! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:

by snackdaddy
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   9661  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Last year for the 2020 Draft I urged McSnead to:

DRAFT OLINE EARLY AND OFTEN!

....but they didn't. :(

Hopefully this year, with Kromer replaced by Carberry, and O'Connell with another year in McVay's system.....and after watching a middling Packer D slap our OLine around like a bunch of Vienna Choir Boys in our Playoff game at Lambeau :oops2: .....

maybe THIS year McSnead will draft some Big Fuglies to protect our Stafford investment, eh!!! :idea2: :arrow2: :!2:

You really think they can find some starter caliber linemen on day 2 and 3 of the draft? You really think they should start over and move on from the guys they drafted 3 years ago? Guys they've been developing?

Newbies need time. They should draft linemen but they gotta be smart. They can't expect a rookie class to change their fortunes in their first year. They need a starting caliber vet or two.

by Hacksaw
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Yeah, w/o a #1 rounder, a ready to start guy might be hard to find in the later rounds.

by AvengerRam
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

I think the ability to find a starter beyond the first round depends a lot on position.

If you need a starting QB, typically you need to draft him early in the first round.
Left tackles and pass rushers... probably need to find your guy by the end of Round 2.
RB, WR, CB... end of day 2.
Interior OL, DT, ILB, S.... you can often find a quality player as late as the 5th or 6th round.

by ramsman34
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8541  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Speed Kills:

Assuming we don't go OC with our first pick (2nd rd) or we do and go deep threat in the 3rd, here is a list of some extremely fast WRs and one corner who is faster than all the WRs.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/article/14 ... -NFL-Draft

Not saying I have a clue what they will do but, there are options at blazing deep threat. I like Stevenson and Campbell, FWIW.

by ramsman34
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8541  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

And now that post is useless. Lol

So, on O all we need is better depth and perhaps a starting OC. If Blythe is not RE signed, don’t be surprised to see Tremaine Anchrum at OC. Then a draft pick to develop. We have depth at RB but could see a FA/UDFA signing there.

After that, it’s all D: Corner, edge, ILB, Interior DL, Safety. In no particular order.

• 2 / 5
44 posts Apr 24 2024