3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2021/0 ... n-meinerz/

Rams met virtually with Division III center Quinn Meinerz
Cameron DaSilva
February 16, 2021 4:31 pm

The pre-draft process will look very different this year as a result of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, with the NFL scrapping the scouting combine in its traditional format. Meetings will prospects will continue to be held virtually, while pro days will become increasingly important to watch, too.

The Rams have begun meeting with prospects already, and according to Justin Melo of The Draft Network, they held a pre-draft Zoom session with Wisconsin-Whitewater center Quinn Meinerz.

Meinerz was a standout player at the Senior Bowl this year, which is where he gained a lot of exposure nationally. Being a small-school prospect, his stock has been on the rise ever since his performance in Mobile.

Gathering intel on him is extremely important, too, because he’s a Division III prospect who didn’t play in 2020 due to the cancellation of non-FBS football last season. But after dominating in 2019, he could find himself being drafted in the second or third round come April.

Austin Blythe is set to be a free agent and if he leaves, the Rams’ interest in Meinerz could grow as they search for a replacement in the middle of their offensive line.

by AvengerRam
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Like many, I've had him on my watch list since the Senior Bowl, where he was regarded as a standout. Interestingly, he primarily played OG in college, but spent the Senior Bowl practices showing off his ability as a center, in part because of the injury/absence of Alabama's Landon Dickerson.

If the Rams don't go with a guy like Josh Myers (Ohio State) or Creed Humphrey (Oklahoma) in Round 2, Meinerz could be a very nice option in Round 3.

by Ramsdude
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1071  
United States of America   Pa.
Pro Bowl

AvengerRam wrote:Like many, I've had him on my watch list since the Senior Bowl, where he was regarded as a standout. Interestingly, he primarily played OG in college, but spent the Senior Bowl practices showing off his ability as a center, in part because of the injury/absence of Alabama's Landon Dickerson.

If the Rams don't go with a guy like Josh Myers (Ohio State) or Creed Humphrey (Oklahoma) in Round 2, Meinerz could be a very nice option in Round 3.

Sounds like at the very least, Meiners is versatile and that's a plus. I am just happy to hear they will address the OL and the OC is great place to start.

I want a big nasty at OC! Someone who won't get pushed around but rather will be the one pushing the DL's around!

by HopHead Ram
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1568  
United States of America   The Left Coast
Pro Bowl

At least it shows the Rams know they need to add some talent to the C position

• 1 / 1
5 posts Apr 18 2024