59 posts
  • 6 / 6
 by Hacksaw
4 days ago
 Total posts:   18947  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Realistic projection? I expect our offense to work much better and score a lot more points. 12 wins. Stafford 4200 yds, 35 TDs, wins 2 playoff games and we make it to the NFCCG.
The following year with more money we snag a couple difference maker FA's and get to the bowl.

by PARAM
4 days ago
 Total posts:   6837  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Realistic projection? .................................wins 2 playoff games and we make it to the NFCCG. .............................
The following year with more money we snag a couple difference maker FA's and get to the bowl.

So a great season ends in disappointment? :D

Then we spend more money and "get to" the SB the folllowing season?

I guess we'll be partying like it's 2018 all over again!!! :D

I kid Hacksaw.

But in the end that's not really improvement, although sustaining a legacy of always being in the conversation every year is better than 1990-2016 with a SB win and quick 4 yr. deconstruction in the middle.

Of course if that's what the next two years bring, there will be a lot of happy and some unsatisfied Ram fans. I'm sure the convo will morph into "can the 35 yr old Stafford play a couple more years or should McVay replace him?" or "who can we get at QB who can win the big game". Success and standards are both relative.

We need to win a SB soon!! :) I'm sure Stafford feels the same way. :idea2:

by Hacksaw
3 days ago

I'm sure he does. So do 31 other teams. I'm trying to temper my enthusiasm and be realistic. I do think Stafford is an upgrade over Goff in most of the categories I began to dislike about Goff. Other areas he's as good, , other than age. It should imo make for an uptick in offensive efficiency. The price tag for Goff/Stafford is going to trickle down and possibly weaken other areas of the team though.
If everything else remained the same besides Goff/Stafford, I think the Rams get 3 more wins last year and would have replaced TB in the SB..

by PARAM
3 days ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:If everything else remained the same besides Goff/Stafford, I think the Rams get 3 more wins last year and would have replaced TB in the SB..

That possible. It's also possible the defense would have shat the bed allowing 32 points, while the interior of the O line was allowing some team's defense to harass Stafford. :?2: We don't know do we?

NOTE: I have to laugh as I had to correct my post.....I originally had "Saffold" typed in Staffords place!!! Freudian? :D

by Hacksaw
3 days ago

PARAM wrote:That possible. It's also possible the defense would have shat the bed allowing 32 points, while the interior of the O line was allowing some team's defense to harass Stafford. :?2: We don't know do we?

NOTE: I have to laugh as I had to correct my post.....I originally had "Saffold" typed in Staffords place!!! Freudian? :D

Believe me PA, I'm a huge proponent of having the best Oline in the NFL. Easier said than done under a cap when you have a ton of dead money and skilled guys on huge contracts. Our future to build through the draft by getting quality top picks, a method even we could currently afford, is out. So there's a better chance the D craps the bed next season. Last seasons D with Stafford is what I was talking about. Hard to get it all right at the same time with so many money restrictions.

by PARAM
3 days ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Believe me PA, I'm a huge proponent of having the best Oline in the NFL. Easier said than done under a cap when you have a ton of dead money and skilled guys on huge contracts. Our future to build through the draft by getting quality top picks, a method even we could currently afford, is out. So there's a better chance the D craps the bed next season. Last seasons D with Stafford is what I was talking about. Hard to get it all right at the same time with so many money restrictions.

I hear ya Hacksaw.

On last year's D with Stafford, sure I agree we might have seen a lot more points. But thinking about some of those games, it's quite possible Stafford wouldn't have been available the second half of the season after getting clocked by Miami like Goff did. I know he's tough (Stafford) but at age 32 those previous breaks, strains and dislocations have a way of rearing their ugly head when you get absolutely rag-dolled like Goff was by that DE in Miami. :idea2:

So, yes, fixing the OL is a priority. While reading about the upcoming draft and the prospects along the OL, can anybody tell me if this is one of those "deep drafts" for OL? There seem to be a lot of good OTs, centers and guards on the board.

by Hacksaw
3 days ago

PARAM wrote:I hear ya Hacksaw.

On last year's D with Stafford, sure I agree we might have seen a lot more points. But thinking about some of those games, it's quite possible Stafford wouldn't have been available the second half of the season after getting clocked by Miami like Goff did. I know he's tough (Stafford) but at age 32 those previous breaks, strains and dislocations have a way of rearing their ugly head when you get absolutely rag-dolled like Goff was by that DE in Miami. :idea2:

So, yes, fixing the OL is a priority.

Not sure 6 man fronts will be as effective against Stafford... still best to give him the protection he needs . I think it behooves McSnead as they are a bit under a microscope mow.

by 69RamFan
3 days ago
 Total posts:   1213  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Pro Bowl

PARAM wrote:I hear ya Hacksaw.

So, yes, fixing the OL is a priority. While reading about the upcoming draft and the prospects along the OL, can anybody tell me if this is one of those "deep drafts" for OL? There seem to be a lot of good OTs, centers and guards on the board.

Top two centers That played/practice at the Senior Bowl

C/Creed Humphrey /6'4/312 Oklahoma/ Nations top center, predicted to go in the lower 3rd/4th round

G/C Quinn Meinerz /6'3/320/Wisconsin–Whitewater (DIII) His stock raised up during the week of the senior bowl workouts... ranking him either 1 or 2 for his position, Lower 3rd/4th. I can't remember if I saw it on TV or read it, but the RAMs did interview him during the Senior bowl week...
This kids seems very athletic,,, at his size, he can dunk a basketball.

We have three picks in the top 105...
our 2nd and two comp picks in the lower third.
Picks 2nd/57, comp picks for Fowler 3rd/102 and GM 3rd/103

I would be thrilled if we took either Centers in the 3rd rd at 102....

I foresee our first three picks players coming out of the senior bowl...

by PARAM
3 days ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Not sure 6 man fronts will be as effective against Stafford... still best to give him the protection he needs . I think it behooves McSnead as they are a bit under a microscope mow.

I hope not. But if not, it'll bring up that old chicken/egg question. Isn't that 6 man front mainly designed to prevent the wide zone runs? If I recall correctly that 6 man front was employed to fuck with McVay's playbook, not Goff. I'm not saying once McVay adjusted to it....and that was at the earliest after the SB loss....Goff didn't have problems.

• 6 / 6
59 posts Feb 25 2021