82 posts
  • 1 / 9
 by AvengerRam
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Saw this blurb on Rotoworld:
The Star-Ledger's Mike Kaye reports potential trade partners have been "unwilling to meet the Eagles’ demands" for Carson Wentz.
The Eagles "don’t want to give Wentz up for much less" than what the Lions got for Matthew Stafford. It's an asking price teams are balking at, as the Rams overpaid for Stafford and Wentz is coming off a disastrous 2020. The Colts have asked for a player along with Wentz to help close the gap, while Chicago is "growing impatient" with the Eagles. Wentz is still likely to be dealt, but it may not happen until deeper in the offseason.

If the Eagles think that someone is going to give them two first round picks, a third round pick, and a player for Carson Wentz, they are truly insane.

Wentz, like Goff, has a big contract. And, while Goff certainly had his struggles, Wentz was worse this year, and was ultimately benched.

The Eagles, unlike the Rams, may not feel that they need to get a QB back from whomever they deal Wentz to (they seem to have hope for Jalen Hurts). But to unload Wentz and his contract, I'd be shocked if they get more than a mid-late first round pick.

by PARAM
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   12244  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:Saw this blurb on Rotoworld:

If the Eagles think that someone is going to give them two first round picks, a third round pick, and a player for Carson Wentz, they are truly insane.

Wentz, like Goff, has a big contract. And, while Goff certainly had his struggles, Wentz was worse this year, and was ultimately benched.

The Eagles, unlike the Rams, may not feel that they need to get a QB back from whomever they deal Wentz to (they seem to have hope for Jalen Hurts). But to unload Wentz and his contract, I'd be shocked if they get more than a mid-late first round pick.

I feel the same way and said so in the QB carosel thread. But since, I've had an epiphany. They could get a 3rd and two future firsts for Wentz. I would do that deal. A 2022 3rd round pick and a first round pick in both the 2050 and 2051 drafts. I know, I know, you can't trade future picks further than 4 or 5 years but give the Rams another couple of seasons and they'll have the NFL changing that rule!!!

by CanuckRightWinger
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

Let us recall that the Jimmy Johnson, inventor of the Draft Trade Chart also holds that future Picks are worse ONE ROUND LESS in today's Draft Currency. IE.

2022 Ram First Rounder to Lions is only worth Ram 2021 Second Rounder. :idea2:

As I have seen posted before, the Rams offering cud be viewed thusly:

Goff + Ram 2021 Third + Ram 2022 First were for Mathew Stafford.
The Ram 2023 First was for Detroit sucking up $45 Million in Goff Guaranteed Cash

So, to Enos Stanley Kroenke's accountant, the Detroit Lions paid Stan $45 Million USD for his 2023 First Round Draft Pick.

ME: $45 Million USD buys a fuckava lot of cabbage rolls!!! :o

by max
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:Saw this blurb on Rotoworld:

Daniel Jeremiah said he expects the Eagles to get more than a first round pick for Wentz.

Dumbest thing I’ve heard in a while.

by PARAM
3 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

CanuckRightWinger wrote:Let us recall that the Jimmy Johnson, inventor of the Draft Trade Chart also holds that future Picks are worse ONE ROUND LESS in today's Draft Currency. IE.

2022 Ram First Rounder to Lions is only worth Ram 2021 Second Rounder. :idea

Yes. Today. For the trade, that's absolutely correct. Come April 2022, like magic it's a first round pick again and we STILL don't have it. :D

If Stafford leads us to the Superbowl, it's well worth it. If he throws 16 picks and we're a wild card exiting in that round or the next, not so much.

by max
3 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:Yes. Today. For the trade, that's absolutely correct. Come April 2022, like magic it's a first round pick again and we STILL don't have it. :D

If Stafford leads us to the Superbowl, it's well worth it. If he throws 16 picks and we're a wild card exiting in that round or the next, not so much.

My question is what is the timeframe to determine whether the trade was good. If we don’t win the SB in the next 2 years, is that it? Stafford will be 36 in 3 years, it’s possible he has more time to get us a title.

by max
3 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

So what is Wentz worth?

Can we draw any inferences from the Goff trade? Maybe.

Their contracts are about equal in painfulness. And it’s debatable which QB is better. Based on 2020, Goff is better, based on 2019, Wentz is better. It kind of went back and forth the past 5 years. I don’t think there is a significant gap in their value. Wentz is higher risk with higher ceiling possibly. But it’s a crap shoot IMO.

I don’t believe Wentz is worth a first round pick with his contract, if Goff is worthless because of his contract. And the idea that’s been floated by media that Goff was worth a minus first round pick makes no sense if Wentz is worth anything that’s a plus.

Another question is what would the Rams have gotten for Goff if the tried to trade him straight up like the Eagles are doing with Wentz. Many said the Rams couldn’t get anyone to take Goff with his contract. But if that’s true, why are the same people saying the Eagles are gonna get a first round pick for Wentz?

My guess is that Wentz won’t get the Eagles a first round pick, and that media guys are either being sold BS by the Eagles or they are on the take.

by sloramfan
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

imho, wentz is no where near worth a first... no way imho..

but a pick rich team in need of a story, and QB for next season, could certainly prove me wrong...

i just think teams may just wait it out, and see what happens as far as eagle brass, and their willingness to stick to their guns on a first...

go rams

slo

by PARAM
3 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

max wrote:So what is Wentz worth?

Can we draw any inferences from the Goff trade? Maybe.

The question isn't "what is Wentz worth" it's what is Wentz worth to whom....because he's worth more to a team in need than just generally. The Bears and Colts pick mid round so the question for them is, are they going to get a QB better in that area?

And no, the Goff trade wasn't the Goff trade but the Stafford trade.

Max wrote:My guess is that Wentz won’t get the Eagles a first round pick, and that media guys are either being sold BS by the Eagles or they are on the take.

My guess is they will get a first round pick but certainly not 2.

by max
3 years 2 months ago
Hall of Fame

PARAM wrote:The question isn't "what is Wentz worth" it's what is Wentz worth to whom....because he's worth more to a team in need than just generally. The Bears and Colts pick mid round so the question for them is, are they going to get a QB better in that area?

And no, the Goff trade wasn't the Goff trade but the Stafford trade.

My guess is they will get a first round pick but certainly not 2.

Let’s assume, for a moment, that the Eagles get a first round pick for Wentz. Can we also assume that the Rams could have also gotten a first round pick as well if they didn’t do the Stafford deal? If so that means the media was all wet on Goffs trade value.

That would also mean the Rams would have 3 first rounds picks more than they have now. That was the total price of acquiring Stafford. Granted, this is all a function of timing. In order to get Stafford the Rams had to sacrifice getting more draft capital by waiting and trading Goff.

• 1 / 9
82 posts Apr 19 2024