Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

These pre-madonna's run the clubs now?

by PARAM
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:These pre-madonna's run the clubs now?

Yeah, it kills me. You're getting paid more money than all the other players. Just shut up and play. Or if you want a say in personnel decisions then cut your pay. Cause you're not investing 100% of your time into QBing.

by Hacksaw
3 years 1 month ago

I'm with you on this PA. Top players grind and run amok. I get that the biggest bucks aim at the owners/league and their needed to be some adequate compensation, but some of these contracts are obscene.
But moreover, players signing an incredibly lucrative deal refusing to play for any reason other than not getting paid, is inexcusable.
I hope the Texans sit him.

by PARAM
3 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:I hope the Texans sit him.

He'll get his way. When you're paying that kinda of money and the guy is basically dead to you, you gotta get something. I'd trade him to the Jets or tell him go, ahead, sit. If he wants to play bad enough he'll go and the Jets will send Darnold and picks or players. You can be the QB, but if you're not going to play you're still not getting a say in personnel decisions. :D

by moklerman
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

I wonder how that works? I mean, if for example the Texans or Seahawks call the bluffs of these guys and they sit, do the teams have to pay them? Seems like if the player chooses not to play, the team should get cap relief, not to mention keep their money.

by Elvis
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   38436  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

moklerman wrote:I wonder how that works? I mean, if for example the Texans or Seahawks call the bluffs of these guys and they sit, do the teams have to pay them? Seems like if the player chooses not to play, the team should get cap relief, not to mention keep their money.

I don't know if there's cap relief but you can fine players for not doing their job and if they sit out, the season doesn't count, they're still right where they were contract-wise before they sat out.

That said, the NFL makes a shit ton of money. I'm all for everyone getting paid as much as they can...

by Hacksaw
3 years 1 month ago

Watson is more about location. Stay out of the NFCW thanks.

by PARAM
3 years 1 month ago
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:I don't know if there's cap relief but you can fine players for not doing their job and if they sit out, the season doesn't count, they're still right where they were contract-wise before they sat out.

That said, the NFL makes a shit ton of money. I'm all for everyone getting paid as much as they can...

Yeah, they could play hardball with him and to this point, they have. He's not upset about money, he's upset he doesn't have a say in personnel decisions on the coaching/GM level. He says he was told he would be consulted and that's what he's upset about. But still, get a grip. Does he actually believe he should be part of the decision on which guy to hire for GM, or head coach? Maybe OC, sure. It's pretty bad when guys take it to that level.

Bottom line is this. He wants out. They don't want to trade him. Like you say, they could fine him daily. They could probably suspend him. But with each of those steps, it drives the wedge even deeper and creates a situation where they have to get rid of him and other teams will try to low ball them. That may be why they're taking this "he ain't going no where" stance. Get legit offers and then try to placate him one more time before trading him.

• 16 / 24
240 posts Apr 16 2024