Total posts:   19137  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

49ers kicking some serious arse.

by PARAM
1 week ago
 Total posts:   7018  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

Man, this sexual misconduct stuff is taking it's toll on Watson. If his name is cleared (and I'm not suggesting it will or won't be), he won't get that deal back.

Scandal

Nike has suspended its endorsement deal with Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson amid the myriad of sexual assault and sexual misconduct allegations made against him, the company said in a statement to CNBC on Wednesday. Along with Nike, Beats by Dre has reportedly decided to part ways with Watson, according to A.J. Perez of Front Office Sports. Perez adds that Beats, owned by Apple, had already made move to end its relationship with Watson prior to the allegations being disclosed.

Currently, there are 22 separate civil lawsuits against Watson along with several criminal complaints. Houston attorney Tony Buzbee filed the lawsuits on behalf of the women who are alleging that Watson committed at least one act of sexual assault or sexual misconduct. Each of the cases accuses Watson of inappropriate behavior after hiring the women to give him a private massage. One of the lawsuits even characterizes Watson as a "serial predator."

"We are deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations and have suspended Deshaun Watson. We will continue to closely monitor the situation," Nike said in a statement.

This suspension from Nike and the dropping of Watson from Beats by Dre comes off the heels of a press conference held on Tuesday where Ashley Solis, one of the women who is accusing Watson of sexual misconduct, spoke publicly. Solis requested that Watson be held accountable for his actions that are alleged to have occurred in March of 2020, which have caused her emotional distress.

"I suffer from panic attacks, anxiety and depression," Solis said Tuesday. "I hope he knows how much pain he's inflicted on me emotionally and physically. ... My father, who was once a diehard Texans fan, can no longer mention [Watson's] name without his face turning red."

Lauren Baxley was also identified as a plaintiff Tuesday when a letter she wrote to Watson was read by Cornelia Brandfield-Harvey, a lawyer who works for Buzbee's firm.

"I initially came forward to offer solidarity to other women, but I have since realized that I'm deserving of justice as well," Baxley wrote. "I hope the court of law brings that justice, and that you're stripped of both your power and ability to hurt more women."

In a statement provided to CBSSports.com following the allegations on March 23, Watson's attorney, Rusty Hardin, wrote that "any allegation that Deshaun forced a woman to commit a sexual act is completely false." When the Houston Police Department announced on April 2 that it had opened a criminal investigation on Watson following a filed complaint, Hardin noted that they "welcome this long overdue development" and will fully cooperate with law enforcement.

The NFL has also launched its own investigation into Watson under the personal conduct policy. In a statement released on Tuesday, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy called the allegations against Watson "deeply disturbing."

Along with Nike and Beats by Dre, Rolex is another national partnership that Watson has in his portfolio coupled with a handful of local partnerships. Given the recent moves by these two companies, it will be curious to see if any more follow suit.

To read more about the latest details on the allegations against Watson, click here (Warning: some details are quite graphic.)

by Hacksaw
1 week ago

22 suits. if only 1 is legit he's a pig. no wonder he wanted out of Houston so badly..

by snackdaddy
6 days ago
 Total posts:   7998  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Sure is funny how not long after all the accusations the 49ers made that big trade to move up the draft. I have to wonder if they were trying to swing a deal for Watson and switched gears after all that comes out? I think the Jets trading Darnold pretty much cemented that the 49ers are gonna have to settle for the 3rd best QB. Was two future firsts worth that? I know people can look at the way we traded away our first picks. But we got proven players for them. The 49ers are picking an unproven QB who won't be the first or second taken.

by moklerman
6 days ago
 Total posts:   7604  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

So, a "massage therapist" is traumatized by Deshaun Watson asking for a hand job? Granted, he has apparently acted creepy but suggestions and propositions don't seem to warrant the outrage.

by Hacksaw
6 days ago

20 minutes of fame syndrome.

by Hacksaw
5 days ago

I've got a feeling the Neiners big QB splash move is now going to just end up being that annoying drip in the shower that keeps you up a night.

• 23 / 24
235 posts Apr 15 2021