54 posts
  • 6 / 6
 by 69RamFan
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   3176  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

/zn/ wrote:The way I see it, they need a center and 2 tackles, though it doesn;t have to be all this year.

I don't see Noteboom as a future replacement for Whitworth, so they need somebody. But that probably isn't going to be an issue this year.

Hav is a great run blocker but we know his limitations, and they are facing a killer cap. I am not convinced Evans is the future there. But right OTs are not as hard to find.

We know about center.

Guards? They're okay with Corbett, Edwards, and from the looks of things, probably Anchrum too.

I thought Brewer had some promise but he may opt out this year too, depending on how the covid situation looks in 2021. I see him as a ROT/OG type.

Agree we need a Center the foremost for this season and the future... Even if we pick up a FA Center, we should still draft one in the third round... Either of these two fall to us in the third round, Creed Humphry or Quinn Meinerz

I thought Noteboom held his own when Whit went down especially in pass protection, but he needs to built up his strength for the run blocks...

I'm not happy with Corbett, he would be ok as a backup but not a starter in my eyes...
Saw him losing against bigger DT getting pushed back or even not picking up on stunts and getting beat on pass protection. I would like to see Anchrum get a chance at RG to see what we have in him...

As for RHav, His experience that he has built up,
I don't see anyone replacing him that we have on our roster....

by JackPMiller
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   2729  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Superstar

69RamFan wrote:Agree we need a Center the foremost for this season and the future... Even if we pick up a FA Center, we should still draft one in the third round... Either of these two fall to us in the third round, Creed Humphry or Quinn Meinerz

I thought Noteboom held his own when Whit went down especially in pass protection, but he needs to built up his strength for the run blocks...

I'm not happy with Corbett, he would be ok as a backup but not a starter in my eyes...
Saw him losing against bigger DT getting pushed back or even not picking up on stunts and getting beat on pass protection. I would like to see Anchrum get a chance at RG to see what we have in him...

As for RHav, His experience that he has built up,
I don't see anyone replacing him that we have on our roster....

If Humphrey is there at 54, we got to draft him. He will be gone, quickly. Meinerz may have a shot at getting to us with our 3rd round comp pick.

by 69RamFan
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   3176  
United States of America   LA CA by way of NY/NJ
Superstar

JackPMiller wrote:If Humphrey is there at 54, we got to draft him. He will be gone, quickly. Meinerz may have a shot at getting to us with our 3rd round comp pick.

Yeah,,, I was thinking the same thing, getting him in the second round,,,

Right now, they are both ranked in the lower 3rd from early ranking boards, like cbssports,,, but those rankings are not the same as what teams rank draft players either....

by PARAM
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12247  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

ZN posted a lot of rookie centers start right away. I asked, is it easier with a strong vet QB? I would think yes. And it's not like those centers were all 1st round picks.

In the last 5 seasons there have been 46 rookie offensive lineman start at least 12 games.
20 were 1st round picks.
11 were 2nd round picks.
9 were 3rd round picks.
6 were 4th or lower including 2 UDFA's

On the center position there have been 8 start at least 12 games the last five seasons
2 were 1st round picks
3 were 2nd round picks
3 were 3rd round picks

There have also been 19 other rookie offensive lineman start between 9 and 11 games the last five years. So all told, that's 62 rookies who have started more than half the teams games on the OL. That's a dozen a year.

I think we could find a center in the draft who could start from day one, particularly with a 12 year veteran QB to help him with the line calls.

• 6 / 6
54 posts Apr 24 2024