75 posts
  • 8 / 8
 by AvengerRam
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Rams1PlateSince1976 wrote:"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is someone like Norm Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Didn’t he come up with the theory of relatives drink tea?

by sloramfan
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

i have to agree with mockler...

it's a results business, not a jim crow based business...

if you're an owner, you need to put the best product you can on the field, there are millions at stake... COLOR HAS TO BE MEANINGLESS, YOU NEED TO WIN TO MAKE MORE MONEY...

if you have a consistently winning black coach, you've killed two birds with one stone (and just THAT statement makes me sick, and it so applies in today's race baiting, separating, your side v my side community we've EVOLVED into... it should not even be looked at as a black coach... HE'S THE COACH, PERIOD)...

race baiters will race bait... but i think winning is at the top of 32 lists...

jmho

go rams

slo

by PARAM
3 years 1 month ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

sloramfan wrote:i have to agree with mockler...

it's a results business, not a jim crow based business...

if you're an owner, you need to put the best product you can on the field, there are millions at stake... COLOR HAS TO BE MEANINGLESS, YOU NEED TO WIN TO MAKE MORE MONEY...

if you have a consistently winning black coach, you've killed two birds with one stone (and just THAT statement makes me sick, and it so applies in today's race baiting, separating, your side v my side community we've EVOLVED into... it should not even be looked at as a black coach... HE'S THE COACH, PERIOD)...

race baiters will race bait... but i think winning is at the top of 32 lists...

jmho

go rams

slo

Is it possible the leash is a couple links shorter with black head coaches?

Steve Wilks got 1 year in Arizona with Bradford and Rosen at QB. Kingsbury is going into year 3 with Murray at QB and hasn't finished above .500.

Raheem Morris got 3 years in Tampa. His 10 wins in year 2 (2010) were the most since Gruden's 11 (in 2005) and hadn't been equalled until 2020. Josh Johnson (bust) went from 6 picks in 2010 to 22 in 2011 and you can be sure they didn't give last say to a rookie head coach for that draft pick.

Caldwell was in Detroit 4 years and went to the postseason twice. He got canned for Patricia after going 9-7 and missing the PS. MP put up phenominal numbers....14-33-1. Caldwell also got canned in Indy when they went 2-14 with Curtis Painter, Dan Orlovsky and Kerry Collings at QB the year Manning missed with neck issues. His career record is 62-50 in 7 seasons.

Performanced based? Not so sure about that. I'll believe the NFL has finally turned the corner when Dallas hires a black head coach. Now for the sake of fairness, yes, you need to perform to keep your job. And there have been black head coaches who had long runs....Marvin Lewis, always in the playoffs, no playoff wins. Mike Tomlin, always in the playoffs, a SB title. Lovie Smith with Chicago, not so much with Tampa. Herm Edwards with the Jets.

But here's the tale of the tape for the last 4 years

6 new head coaching hires in 2021
5 new head coaching hires in 2020
8 new head coaching hires in 2019
6 new head coaching hires in 2018

1 black head coach (Brian Flores)...that's 1 in 25.....more than 3/4's of the league. That's not a good track record at all. Some have said there are not enough black GMs and if there were more, it's possible more black head coaches would be hired. But perhaps the Al Campanis school of thought is more prevalent than we'd like to admit.

• 8 / 8
75 posts Apr 16 2024