80 posts
  • 1 / 8
 by AvengerRam
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

We needed everything to be right to win today.

Aaron Donald wasn’t right.
Kupp wasn’t available.

The Rams dropped 2 INTs that would have saved 3, and got a bad bounce on the one fumble they forced, preventing a huge turnover.

But the team kept fighting until the end.

Goff played a good game despite a bad thumb and poor protection.
Cam Akers looks like future star.
There’s a lot to be proud of, and reason for hope for the future.

Disappointed, but proud of our Rams.

by sloramfan
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1581  
United States of America   cen coast cal
Pro Bowl

agree...

go rams

slo

by Will0120
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1172  
Canada   Vancouver, Canada
Commissioner

Thank you Rams for a memorable season. Not a storybook finish but it provided much needed escape from a dreadful year. We'll be back next year!

by ramsman34
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Ya. Turned out ok. It’s just sad when you have a chance to win but just don’t have enough that day.

I hope they address the obvious flaws this off season.

by moklerman
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:We needed everything to be right to win today.

Aaron Donald wasn’t right.
Kupp wasn’t available.

The Rams dropped 2 INTs that would have saved 3, and got a bad bounce on the one fumble they forced, preventing a huge turnover.

But the team kept fighting until the end.

Goff played a good game despite a bad thumb and poor protection.
Cam Akers looks like future star.
There’s a lot to be proud of, and reason for hope for the future.

Disappointed, but proud of our Rams.
For this offense, do you still think Goff is a good fit? I mean, this is the best Goff has looked in a while and the offense still struggled to move the ball and score points. And for most of the last 2+ years that's been the case. When the pocket breaks down, and it will, I think we need a QB that can run or at least extend plays, don't you?

As in control as the Packers were today, didn't Rodgers have to maneuver and scramble at times? It's just a necessity for most teams.

by ramsfan1977
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   1319  
United States of America   New Jersey
Pro Bowl

So proud of them all in all. Did not think Edward's would that big a loss. Evan's looked lost at Left Guard.

by ramsman34
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8516  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

moklerman wrote:For this offense, do you still think Goff is a good fit? I mean, this is the best Goff has looked in a while and the offense still struggled to move the ball and score points. And for most of the last 2+ years that's been the case. When the pocket breaks down, and it will, I think we need a QB that can run or at least extend plays, don't you?

As in control as the Packers were today, didn't Rodgers have to maneuver and scramble at times? It's just a necessity for most teams.

Can’t really compare Goff to Rodgers can you? Goff needs to work on his feet and tight pocket awareness. But, he needs better players than Blythe and Corbett in the inside. Edwards and Evans are decent. Is Boom the answer at LT? A lot of questions in the OL. They need to really work on improving that area of the O. If we can get a burner at WR/KR, great. Then replace who we have to on D and try to upgrade the LBs if possible.

Goff is who he is and he is the QB for at least 2-3 more seasons

by AvengerRam
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

moklerman wrote:For this offense, do you still think Goff is a good fit? I mean, this is the best Goff has looked in a while and the offense still struggled to move the ball and score points. And for most of the last 2+ years that's been the case. When the pocket breaks down, and it will, I think we need a QB that can run or at least extend plays, don't you?

You are pathetic.

Goff lead the Rams to 2 TDs and a FG in less than 24 minutes of possession, and despite 4 sacks.

Take your Goff bashing to another thread.

by max
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   5580  
United States of America   Sarasota, FL
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:You are pathetic.

Goff lead the Rams to 2 TDs and a FG in less than 24 minutes of possession, and despite 4 sacks.

Totally agree.

This was not the game to take shots at Goff. He was playing with a broken thumb in cold weather and the left side of his OL was crippled. Plus, missing Kupp. And he never turned the ball over, and put up an over 100 passer rating.

Rams D gave up over 400 yards. You don’t win doing that.

by moklerman
3 years 2 months ago
 Total posts:   7680  
United States of America   Bakersfield, CA
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:You are pathetic.

Nah, at this point, I'd rather antagonize you. Because I asked you an honest question and you just want to be an asshole. I didn't bash Goff in any way. To say that he isn't mobile or very good in the pocket is who he is. He CAN'T deal with or escape pressure most of the time.

Do you think he can? It is RARE for any NFL OL to afford the kind of protection that Goff or any pocket passer needs. Today's NFL is about off-script and broken plays by the QB. Goff is not that.

• 1 / 8
80 posts Apr 16 2024