CLOSE
15 posts
  • 1 / 2
 by ramsrams
1 week ago
 Total posts:   957  
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Veteran

I love smart, instinctual football players.

This guy is one.

Whether it is sniffing out a screen, setting an edge, or just being in the right position, he is doing it all.

Obviously not the only reason the D is vastly improved this year, but I watch this guy closely every game, and he is playing at an All-Pro level. Playing the game the right way.

What a pick up! Well done, Les and co.

Seven sacks in nine games to boot. And not the Clay Matthews cleaning up AD’s detritus type of sacks for the most part. He is earning them.

He has taken a non-descript Rams LB corp and raised it to the next level.

I really enjoy watching him play.

by AvengerRam
1 week ago
 Total posts:   5711  
Israel   Longwood, FL

Looks like you're not the only one who noticed!

by snackdaddy
1 week ago
 Total posts:   7445  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Floyd has always been good against the run. Now he's getting more sacks and pressures. I think we're seeing the Floyd Chicago envisioned when they drafted him. Meanwhile, the guy he replaced has 2 sacks.

by PARAM
1 week ago
 Total posts:   6003  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

snackdaddy wrote:Floyd has always been good against the run. Now he's getting more sacks and pressures. I think we're seeing the Floyd Chicago envisioned when they drafted him. Meanwhile, the guy he replaced has 2 sacks.

IIRC, during the game somebody said Staley told them, if Vic Fangio was still in Chicago, Floyd would still be there.

by AvengerRam
1 week ago
 Total posts:   5711  
Israel   Longwood, FL

The downside, of course, is that he could be playing himself out of our price range for next year. If that happens, though, we'd get a Comp pick.

by PARAM
1 week ago
Hall of Fame

AvengerRam wrote:The downside, of course, is that he could be playing himself out of our price range for next year. If that happens, though, we'd get a Comp pick.

McSnead have been fighting that issue from day 1.

2017 Robert Quinn
2018 Fowler (8 games)
2019 Fowler
2020 Floyd

Like somebody else said, it's a great destination to play next to A.D. and get a nice contract elsewhere. Perhaps Terrell Lewis becomes the next great thing along side A.D.? Hell PFF called the Floyd signing the worst Rams move in Free Agency. :o

by ramsrams
1 week ago
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Veteran

I know.

I am enjoying it while I can.

Now, let’s splat Brady!

by scramsfan
1 week ago
 Total posts:   174  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

AvengerRam wrote:Looks like you're not the only one who noticed!

I am happy for any Rams player that has defensive player honors. However, there is no way that Darious Williams is not defensive player of the week. He had two interceptions and another one that was a pick six that was called back. One of the int’s saved a touchdown. The other stalled a late 4th quarter drive. He also had an acrobatic pass break up to save another touchdown!

I am a little biased but I think his stats had a bigger impact on the game.

by PARAM
1 week ago
Hall of Fame

scramsfan wrote:I am happy for any Rams player that has defensive player honors. However, there is no way that Darious Williams is not defensive player of the week. He had two interceptions and another one that was a pick six that was called back. One of the int’s saved a touchdown. The other stalled a late 4th quarter drive. He also had an acrobatic pass break up to save another touchdown!

I am a little biased but I think his stats had a bigger impact on the game.

Impossible to make a case you're wrong!!! So how much does that say about our defense? Two players more than deserving for player of the week and neither is named Aaron Donald!!!

And one other thing on Williams......remember he made a similar pick near the sideline against the Giants that prevented a potential tying score with little time left. Dude is a playa!!!!

by ramsrams
1 week ago
Canada   Mississauga, ON
Veteran

You are right about Williams. Dude balled his assass off.

And there is Ramsey, who was white on rice.

Mighta had the top three this week.

• 1 / 2
15 posts Nov 26 2020