89 posts
  • 2 / 9
 by Hacksaw
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

QFTOS: BUCS PRE GAME EDITION;

Let the interceptions begin. LOL

I actually like this match up for the Bucs. Stop their rushing attack and we'll be good imo.

Rams defense has been really good this year and are coming off an impressive performance against the Seahawks.

I'm hoping we can shake the Prime Time stigma and earn an impressive win vs a good opponent.

If we can stop the run and contain Donald, then the path to victory should be a fairly easy one. If not, then it will be a long evening.

The Rams are one of our greatest rivals and I think we are in for a classic.

Without Marpet, I think we lose. As stated before, Donald is potentially the best ever and Brady has always been at his worst with pressure up the middle.

Goff has been really efficient this season and they haven't hit the deep pass as much as previous years, but I expect them to try against us.

The one thing that gives me hope is that, of their 6 wins, 4 have come against every team in the NFCE. Their other wins are against a Bears team that is spiraling, and the Seahawks.

I like our defense against their offense. Unfortunately though I don't like our offense against their defense as much. They do the things this offense has struggled against. Good, long corners who can run. Jalen Ramsey is by all accounts playing the best football of his career. Aaron Donald is Aaron Donald. Leonard Floyd is living up to his draft potential as well.

We put 55 on them last year and Donald seemed contained pretty well.

To stop them the Bucs defense MUST stop the run.

If we can't block Donald, Brady will collapse and start seeing ghost/feeling pressure.

Keys to this game seem simple enough for the Bucs; Stop the run on defense and don't let Aaron Donald wreck the game.

If you're the Rams, don't you just rush four and drop 7? You'd have to feel good about your chances with rushing four given how sketchy our Oline can be.

We have too many weapons for a corner to have a huge influence on the game so I'm not worried about Ramsey.

If we can block Aaron Donald we should be fine. The Rams secondary and off ball LBs aren't that great, outside of Ramsey of course.

I’m slightly worried about Cooper Kupp. The team we played last year was without him.

They have 2 very good CBs and give up less than 200 passing yards a game. If Dean or SMB cover Kupp he could have a huge game.

White should be blitzing a ton this game. He’s a zero in coverage and Goff falls apart under pressure.

White should be blitzing a ton this game. He’s a zero in coverage and Goff falls apart under pressure.

"I wonder what player tested positive for the Rams."
It would totally suck if it was Donald. I mean that would just be the worst.

As long as it is not a repeat of 1979.

Did anyone realize that there was a four-team group that all completed a circle of QB transitions this past offseason?
Saints (Teddy Bridgewater)>Panthers (Cam Newton)>Patriots (Tom Brady)>Buccaneers (Jameis Winston)>Saints

TO BE CONTINUED.................

by RedAlice
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   6596  
United States of America   Dallas, Texas
Hall of Fame

Who is our kicker this week?

Yahoo Fantasy doesn’t have one for us.

by Elvis
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   38439  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

RedAlice wrote:Who is our kicker this week?

Unknown. Probably MacGinnis but Gay should be available to practice on Saturday and the Rams are waiting to say who it will be...

by Zen_Ronin
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

RedAlice wrote:Who is our kicker this week?

I've seen a few things that suggest it might be Hekker. Absolutely ZERO solid confirmation though.

by Indrid Cold
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   863  
United States of America   Redington Beach, FL
Veteran

AvengerRam wrote:Weather Delay.jpg
Rams @ Bucs, September 2016
(Rams won 37-32 after lightning delay - second time that happened at a Rams/Bucs game I attended!)

Went to that game, too. Was still thinking about this year very recently (stadium is half-hour from my house), but $900 for a lower bowl sideline seat and $275 for upper deck sideline, so I'll stay Covid-free.

by Indrid Cold
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   863  
United States of America   Redington Beach, FL
Veteran

And I think this is the "contender bowl." Bucs are essentially 1.5 games back of the Saints so a loss pretty much puts their division hopes to bed and the Rams dropping to 6-4 would probably doom any hopes of a 1 or 2 seed. Both teams are good bets to make the playoffs, but the winner moves to the upper tier of the NFC while the loser is going to be considered middle of the pack.

by Hacksaw
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Indrid Cold wrote:And I think this is the "contender bowl." Bucs are essentially 1.5 games back of the Saints so a loss pretty much puts their division hopes to bed and the Rams dropping to 6-4 would probably doom any hopes of a 1 or 2 seed. Both teams are good bets to make the playoffs, but the winner moves to the upper tier of the NFC while the loser is going to be considered middle of the pack.

I agree with this. I'm not so sure we are up to it after reviewing the 2 teams season records. The Bucs have played a tougher schedule and won by larger margins.
They play the games for a reason and on National TV this would really put our team on track. In the conversation. I'm hopeful but after last years match-up, we have some ground to catch up.

by Elvis
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   38439  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Rams Defensive Coordinator Brandon Staley – Media Availability – November 19, 2020

(On whether the new intensive COVID protocols change the weekly preparation)
“Not at all. We adjust and we adapt. This year, one of our hallmarks for the Rams is trying to have great agility, because this year is unlike any we've ever experienced. So it requires great agility, great synergy within your organization to get things organized quickly. I think that's what we've tried to do here. Just try and go with the safest and most secure way of meeting and getting everything accomplished. We certainly have the technology, the resources in order to get that done. I think what (Head Coach) Sean (McVay) has done with the tent here, taking advantage of the climate in California is amazing, really forward thinking. (Vice President, Sports Performance and Medicine) Reggie (Scott), (Chief Operating Officer) Kevin Demoff, how these guys putting this together. (Director, Football Operations) Sophie (Harlan), who is our director of football operations, who is absolutely crushing it, by the way. Everybody who's organizing all of this, it just gives us a chance to be successful. So, we've just tried to do the best we can to get each and every day organized. We're fortunate to work for an organization that allows us to get that done.”

(On whether the use of three safeties on the field is deliberate or a matter of having best 11 players on the field)
“I think it's a little bit of both. I think it features the players that we feel like gives us the best chance to be successful. I think that we have a deep safety group, as you've seen. (S) Nick Scott came in and did a really nice job when (S) Taylor Rapp went down and felt like (S) Jordan Fuller coming back, getting into a rhythm, felt like he played a lot better in the second half. As you guys know, ‘JJ’ (S John Johnson III) is so steady and it's so productive for us. So, we kind of felt like that those groupings, especially with how prolific their passing attacks is felt like that was a good idea in the game. Our guys definitely rose to the occasion.”

(On whether the Seattle game will give a similar approach to counter Tampa Bay’s receivers)
“I think this is the best collection of skill group players that we've faced. When you talk about their runners, I think (Tampa Bay RB Ronald) Jones (II) and (Tampa Bay RB Leonard) Fournette are as good of a tandem as you're going to find. I think that those guys are really an engine for this offense. I think that you certainly saw what Jones can do, but he's been doing it all season long. Then, I have tremendous respect for Leonard Fournette and what he's capable of as a back in this league. Then, you're talking about (Tampa Bay TE Rob) Gronkowski – arguably one of the best tight ends of the last 30 years, who can still play at a very high level. Then (Tampa Bay TE) Cameron Brate, who I have a lot of respect for, a really good passing game, target red zone target, before all these guys got there, he was a really, really prolific red zone player a few years ago. I have really good respect for him. Then the receivers, (Tampa Bay WR) Mike Evans, (Tampa Bay WR Chris) Godwin, (Tampa Bay WR) Antonio Brown, (Tampa Bay WR) Tyler Johnson, (Tampa Bay WR) Scotty Miller – that that group is deep, it’s deep and it's accomplished. There's a lot of experience, a lot of talent. Then when you factor in who's playing quarterback, it's a great challenge.”

(On his takeaways from facing Tampa Bay QB Tom Brady when with the Chicago coaching staff)
“Stressful. Anytime a guy plays in the same offense for 18 years and experiences as much as he experienced within that offense. You factor in how good of a player he is, but then all the experience and the command that he has within an offense. I think that's what stood out to me. I think what he does such a good job of is controlling the game. We had a really good defense that year, as you are aware of, and he does a really good job of controlling the game. Keeping himself well. He's the guy that doesn't get sacked a lot. That's just kind of the history of his career. He can get the ball out and he can keep himself protected. There's not going to be any look that you can give him that he hasn't seen in some shape or form. He’s extremely accurate. This guy is one of the most accurate throwers inside the numbers that's ever lived. That's great energy to the offense, because of that command, because of that productivity is a guy that really elevates the people around him. I think that game was a little bit out of whack in Chicago because we had like two special teams’ touchdowns that we gave up. It was it was a stressful week and he's certainly at the forefront of why it's so stressful.”

(On if when he first started his coaching career if there were ever moments where he thought about scheming to stop Brady)
“Yeah, every day of my life I've been thinking about an opportunity like that. I followed this guy for a long time because I was a quarterback myself and I was a big fan of what he went through at Michigan. I think when you're a quarterback, you kind of empathize with guys that have gone through something difficult and overcame it. I thought what he went through at Michigan, to rise to the captain, the guy that beat out a highly recruited player and to be kind of what he became at Michigan – I was always a fan of him, even back in college, when I was playing in high school, and stuff like that. Then certainly when he became the quarterback of New England and they started that run, then you're learning even more about him. Just the ultimate competitor, the ultimate leader, certainly the greatest quarterback, of my lifetime that I've seen playing. I just have a lot of respect for him. You have to be at your best in order to compete with him.”

(On what has been key to the defense allowing the fewest yards per passing attempt)
“I think team defense is the reason. Pass coverage is the pass rush and your pass coverage or put together. I think what we've been able to do is the 11 guys that are in the game – they have really strong command of how we're trying to play, both from a rush perspective and from a coverage perspective. We're playing that complementary ball that I've kind of talked about since training camp. I think that you're seeing the guys – on all three levels of the defense, really understanding how to play together, the advantage of that and how we can create opportunities for several different people to come alive within our scheme. I think that just like any offense or defense special teams, we’re getting more comfortable with one another, getting more comfortable within their specific role and then how they fit within the scheme. Then the more offenses you're able to defend, you kind of get even more command because you're seeing more stuff. I think that's kind of how it can be explained. But our players deserve all the credit, because they're the ones that are coming together, making all these plays, performing on the field. It's been fun to watch it take shape.”

(On how he expects to use CB Jalen Ramsey in this week’s game)
“We're still working through that. I think that as you guys saw, he provides you great flexibility because he can truly play anywhere outside or anywhere inside, so that's an advantage for us. Then we have the complementary corners, whether it's (CB) Darious (Williams) or (CB) Troy (Hill) that can kind of do the same job. So we feel like (CB) Jalen’s (Ramsey) flexibility provides us a lot of flexibility. I think that you cannot minimize what he's been able to do just from a wall standpoint. It's not easy to move around and when you're essentially playing two full positions within a game and having full command over it – I think that's as impressive as anything he's done physically, is what he's been doing mentally.”

(On the main things that he thinks this defense could do better and how he would evaluate those things at midseason?)
"I think what you have to be careful of as a coach is evaluating the players that were asked to do something different than what they're going to be asked to do within your defense. So, I didn't spend probably as much time as maybe you guys think, looking at the players as they played last season. There were some guys in free agency you're watching a little bit and making decisions and stuff like that and certainly throughout that process of free agency and the draft. I think more than anything, what I was trying to do was picture them in our defense and I think that that's what I spent most of my time thinking about with our coaching staff and with Sean was just how these guys would fit within our defense, knowing that we wouldn't get to be with them in the spring time. I think that that was probably more of the time that we spent, was just that projection of how we felt like they would fit and kind of contingencies of, 'Okay, if he can do this, then we'll do that. Okay, if you can't do that, then we'll do this.' That's kind of what we spent most of our time talking about."

(On what the most important numbers are when evaluating a game)
"Besides winning and losing, being number one – I think that explosions (big plays) and takeaways are the recipe, the blueprint, the formula for success in the NFL. So, when you look at explosions and you look at
takeaways, I think that that's where you need to start. Then I think from there, which doesn't show up on your guys' stat sheet, is just how many mental errors did you make? Did you have a good game of execution? Execution allows you to make plays. I think that explosions, takeaways is where you start in terms of a tangible way of looking at it. Then how well did we execute? How well did we perform that specific play? Certainly, there are a lot of parts evolved in that execution."

(On DL A'Shawn Robinson's performance and if he is hoping to see him more in the rotation)
"I think one of the awesome things about sports is getting to see guys that have worked really hard to come back and seeing them come alive on the field. I thought he played well. I think he had 10 or 12 snaps. Just his gameday energy was something that we were really excited to see. I know (Defensive Line Coach) Eric Henderson during warmups just felt great about how he looked, how he worked out and how he felt before the game and then I think during the game, just that really good sideline demeanor. Then I thought he gave us everything he had. I thought he played well from an assignment standpoint and then his effort and energy was exactly where we expect it to be. It will only grow as he continues to practice more. Now it's just, 'Hey, can we get him into a rhythm from a technique standpoint?’ What Eric and us, (Assistant Defensive Line Coach) Thad Bogardus, what they're asking him to do upfront and I think he'll get more and more comfortable the more he practices."

(On what it is like going back-to-back against elite quarterbacks)
"I think that that's what makes the NFL such a special game is defending these tough quarterbacks. I think that's what really separates the NFL from all the other leagues, is just these premier players at that position, just because they're responsible for so much on the field. You're certainly going against the guy here that's got so many experiences under his belt, I think that's where the challenge lies. What you have to do in this league is treat each week like it has a life of its own. So that life that Seahawks week had last week with (Seahawks QB) Russell (Wilson), that has no bearing on how we're going to game plan and trying to prepare for Tom Brady. I think you have to start over every week and you have to build from the ground up literally every week. You don't ever assume like, 'Hey, this is going to carry over to the next game,' You've got to assess this week as its own and really begin there. As it relates to the quarterback, you're always just trying to figure out every single week how that specific player operates and that's the challenge."

(On what similarities and differences he sees going from Wilson to Brady)
"Similarities is the command and the experiences. You can tell the guys that have been through it, you really can. There's just a, there's a look, there's a gameday demeanor. There's how quickly they process, processing how quickly they see things. These guys have seen so much that they're able to operate at a really high level. I think the other thing is their presence and that command, what it does for their teammates, it really brings out the best of them. That's what makes these guys special competitors and special leaders."

(On if teams will be less apt to test CB Darious Williams going forward)
"I think teams will be certainly a lot more aware of (CB) Darious (Williams). I think that he's certainly commanding people's attention now. That's the chess match is how we're going to operate with all these guys. I think what Jalen and Troy and Darious allow us to do, as well as our safety group, as you guys know, is play with that versatility that we kind of believe in, so that you're not certain every snap what's happening. I think that that group has really come together and deserves a lot of credit. I think one of the great stories is just the way that DB group is taking shape and how much they've kind of created a brotherhood and really allowed us to play the way we hoped to play."

(Closing Statement)
"Quick shout out to Marty Gibbons, Coach Gibbons, Lake Catholic High School, Mentor Ohio. One of my former players at John Carroll taking his Alma mater to the state championship game in the state of Ohio. ‘Gibby’ is 28 years old. I can't even call him Gibby anymore, it's Coach Gibbons. One of my former players. So, tip my cap to him. Good luck Gibby and we're going to be rooting for you in LA."

• 2 / 9
89 posts Apr 16 2024