89 posts
  • 5 / 9
 by PARAM
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   12247  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

The Rams are going into this game tonight playing with house money.

It's the last East Coast game they'll play in the regular season and it doesn't start at 10 a.m. Pacific Time.
It's against a QB who is susceptible to pressure and they do pressure well.
It's against a defense ranked just below their own defense but...headed in the opposite direction the last 4 games

If they win:

They're in first place in the West.
They're ahead of every team outside of the division vying for a wild card spot by 2 games (having the tie breaker over Tampa).
They're one game out of #1 seed in the NFC.

If they lose:

They're still way ahead of any team in the NFC East. Hell, every other team in the NFC except Atlanta would be leading that division.
They're one game out of the division lead with a game left against the leader.
They have a two game lead on every team in the NFC not leading a division except Tampa and Arizona because they hold a tie breaker over Chicago. And they play Arizona twice.

Like I said, house money. And what do gamblers do with house money? Go all in. The Rams should play this game tonight without any fear or worry. Go balls to the wall all night.

by AvengerRam
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8686  
Israel   Lake Mary, Florida
Hall of Fame

Elvis wrote:Unless i missed it, MacGinnis still on PS which means Gay will be our kicker tonight:

I liked Reed coming out of college, so I'm glad to see him rising in the ranks.

by Hacksaw
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Damn, Rapp and Burgess. Full strength would have been cool.

by aeneas1
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

how the rams have fared under mcvay vs defenses ranked by offensive points allowed.... against defenses ranked 1-5, yikes, not pretty at all.... but against defenses ranked 6-10, yeah baby, especially so given the last time i checked tampa's defense ranks 8th headed into to tonight's game!

z01.png

by PARAM
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12247  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

On GMFB when they were talking about tonight's game, they brought up some random associations.....

Brady won his first and his most recent Superbowl against the Rams.
Sean McVay began his coaching career in Tampa in Gruden's last year there (went to the Florida Tusker as WR coach under Jay Gruden, OC)

But the most interesting comment was when Brandt mentioned remembering a young Jalen Ramsey screaming at Gronk in the 2017 AFC Championship Game. Seems he was on him most of that day and Gronk had 1 catch early in the game for 21 yards. Jacksonville actually had the lead at the start of the 4th, 20-10 before losing late 24-20. Brandt wondered if Staley would put him on Gronk tonight. But they have 3 pretty good WRs to worry about in Evans, Godwin and Brown.

• 5 / 9
89 posts Apr 25 2024