57 posts
  • 2 / 6
 by PARAM
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   12239  
Barbados   Just far enough North of Philadelphia
Hall of Fame

The plus side is most owners are looking for that great innovative offensive mind. Besides Belichick how many "defensive guys" have won the Superbowl in recent years?

KC/Reid - Offense
Philadelphia/Pederson - Offense
Denver/Kubiak - Offense
Seattle/Carroll - Defense, but hell man without Wilson does he win it?
Baltimore/ Harbaugh - Special Teams
Giants/Coughlin - Offense
Packers /McCarthy - Offense
Saints/Payton - Offense
Steelers/Tomlin - Defense (2008)

Still you know if Staley turns the defense around and the Rams win big, he'll be snatched up quicker than a prostitute at a Steelers team party. Aubrey Pleasant has been getting some serious kudos with the success of Roby-Coleman, Troy Hill and Darious Williams. McVay will find a replacement so let's just hope Staley gets a job offer very soon. That'll only mean good things for the Rams.

by Hacksaw
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

/zn/ wrote:

Howdy /zn/. Where ya been?
Informative vid!

by /zn/
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   6763  
United States of America   Maine
Hall of Fame

Hacksaw wrote:Howdy /zn/. Where ya been?
Informative vid!

I'm around! Yeah I like that vid too.

by CanuckRightWinger
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   2777  
Canada   VANCOUVER, BC
Superstar

I heard zn was at a clinic in Zurich for quite a long time....

getting that charisma transplant. :P j/k

Seriously, I cannot wait to have my innermost motives for making my future Los Ramos posts laid out and analyzed by the resident Rams insider, zn. :|

As always, JMO. :idea2:

by aeneas1
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

re the vid, narrator says the rams rank 5th in rush defense, but that's based on yards allowed per game, which isn't a particularly good measurement imo given what teams do in the 4th based on score, yards per carry allowed is a better indicator imo, which the rams rank 9th in (which is still good).

here are per quarter defensive rankings for offensive points allowed, yards per play and sack rate, for both the rams and bucs:

z01.png

by ramsman34
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8514  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

/zn/ wrote:

Dude! Great get. Awesome explanation. Had no idea that was called an Eagle front. We had different names for it in college/semi pro.

by ramsman34
3 years 4 months ago
 Total posts:   8514  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

PARAM wrote:The plus side is most owners are looking for that great innovative offensive mind. Besides Belichick how many "defensive guys" have won the Superbowl in recent years?

KC/Reid - Offense
Philadelphia/Pederson - Offense
Denver/Kubiak - Offense
Seattle/Carroll - Defense, but hell man without Wilson does he win it?
Baltimore/ Harbaugh - Special Teams
Giants/Coughlin - Offense
Packers /McCarthy - Offense
Saints/Payton - Offense
Steelers/Tomlin - Defense (2008)

Still you know if Staley turns the defense around and the Rams win big, he'll be snatched up quicker than a prostitute at a Steelers team party. Aubrey Pleasant has been getting some serious kudos with the success of Roby-Coleman, Troy Hill and Darious Williams. McVay will find a replacement so let's just hope Staley gets a job offer very soon. That'll only mean good things for the Rams.

I think he waits another year to build his resume and get more experience from and with MCV. Also, he has a lot of talent on this D. When he does this two years in a row, he can write his ticket wherever he wants to go. Think about the teams who will be shitcanning their HCs at season’s end - probably not a lot of talented players on those teams. Smart men don’t set themselves up to fail.

• 2 / 6
57 posts Apr 15 2024