He's 1-0 against Rivers
He's 1-0 against Mahomes
He's 1-0 against Stafford
He's 1-1 against Cousins
He's 1-1 against Wentz
He's 1-1 against Ryan
He's 1-1 against Brady

:D 8-)

On the first of his two picks Henderson wasn't even looking when he should have been. Plus he should have stopped. There were some mistakes but they are correctable. Bottom line is this: 376 yards, 3 TD's, 2 picks, 76.5 % comp pct., 0 Sacks. Joe Noteboom and the rest of the O line played good pass pro. Two 100 yard receivers against the best defense vs the run. Good game McVay & Goff. And I'd be remiss if I didn't say, "congrats to Jefferson and Akers scoring their first NFL TDs". Also, hope Kizer is okay.

by ramsman34
2 days ago
 Total posts:   4780  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!
Superstar

PARAM wrote:On the first of his two picks Henderson wasn't even looking when he should have been. Plus he should have stopped. There were some mistakes but they are correctable. Bottom line is this: 376 yards, 3 TD's, 2 picks, 76.5 % comp pct., 0 Sacks. Joe Noteboom and the rest of the O line played good pass pro. Two 100 yard receivers against the best defense vs the run. Good game McVay & Goff. And I'd be remiss if I didn't say, "congrats to Jefferson and Akers scoring their first NFL TDs". Also, hope Kizer is okay.

Agree. Play calling is still too predictable and conservative at times. This was a very physical game. And the whiners are next on a short week. They too are physical. Both Higs, Kiser, and D Will got dinged up, hopefully not badly.

Oh, JG was pretty much nails tonight.

by Elvis
2 days ago
 Total posts:   27552  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Definite mixup on DH int, not sure who that's on and the 2nd pick, Woods was possibly being held (have to see it again) so quite possible neither pick was really on Goff, or not.

by max
2 days ago
 Total posts:   3880  
United States of America   New York Metro
Superstar

McVay gave Goff outlets and he beat the blitz and pressure. Big improvement from Miami for both of them. Can’t wait to face Belichick. We owe him a giant bitch slap.

Some good stats from Rodrigue....

Goff was perfect against the blitz in the first half, according to Next Gen Stats, going 10-for-10 for 146 yards and a touchdown.

He finished 16 of 18 for 203 yards (of his total 376), two touchdowns and no interceptions when operating against a blitz.

McVay also noted that the Bucs’ defense “did some similar things” as Miami did three weeks earlier — meaning the types of pressures and blitzes — which the Rams knew would happen, considering how disastrously that went for Goff and the offense.

The Bucs all-out blitzed Goff on a 19-yard completion to Kupp that set up the Rams for the game-winning field goal. It was Goff’s 50th pass of the game.

by elmendorf
1 day ago
 Total posts:   150  
United States of America   Pennsylvania
Rookie

ramsman34 wrote:Agree. Play calling is still too predictable and conservative at times. This was a very physical game. And the whiners are next on a short week. They too are physical. Both Higs, Kiser, and D Will got dinged up, hopefully not badly.

Oh, JG was pretty much nails tonight.

Yes, he was nails. Great game from JG. Did anyone else notice how active he was on the sidelines? Like cheerleading everyone on after a good drive...etc. He really seems to be growing into the ownership of his role as a leader. Not just going to the bench to look at the Surface.

by ramsman34
1 day ago
 Total posts:   4780  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!
Superstar

aeneas1 wrote:goff:
z01.png

Do you think the Rams runs these analytics in the way you broke them down? If so, what are the adjustments in your opinion? The disparity in the 2nd and 3rd quarters jump out to me; as do the gun vs under center percentages.

by Hacksaw
1 day ago
 Total posts:   18172  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

Elvis wrote:Definite mixup on DH int, not sure who that's on and the 2nd pick, Woods was possibly being held (have to see it again) so quite possible neither pick was really on ..

I'd put it on miscommunication. They clearly weren't on the same page. Henderson was as guilty as JG imo..

by aeneas1
1 day ago
 Total posts:   14815  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

what's interesting about that ugly screen interception is that the rams checked out of a play to run it, guess they would have been better off just sticking with whatever the original play was... anyway, i put most of the blame on goff, it was a bad decision and a bad throw, he's intentionally thrown it into the ground in similar sitches in the past, and has gotten into trouble, or near trouble, when forcing it in the past, here's the play:

and the rams ran a similar screen again later in the game, with henderson running the exact same route as the screen that was intercepted, which might suggest that he was running the correct route on the first screen, doing what he was supposed to be doing, and goff just blew it:

by aeneas1
1 day ago
 Total posts:   14815  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

speaking of the ugly intercepted screen, how about goff taking down jpp on his own, ha ha, is that goff's first solo tackle of his career?

• 5 / 6
56 posts Nov 26 2020