3.png

BEARS
4.JPG

by Hacksaw
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   24523  
United States of America   AT THE BEACH

QFTOS: BEARS PRE-GAME EDITION;

Rams are 4-0 against the NFC Least, and 0-2 against other opponents.
I have a good feeling about this one.

This whole thing depends on slowing down Aaron Donald.

NFL teams tend to come out hot a week after they shit the bed, like the Rams did against the 49ers. Aaron Donald lining up against whoever we throw out there at LG does not bode well. Low scoring FG fest, maybe one team gets in for a TD but I don't see it.

Gut check time. The rams are gonna come out and punch us right in the mouth....which bears do we get. The bears that punched Brady back. Or the bears that waited for ‘big bad Phillip rivers’ to ride off again
I wanna say the Brady bears but I just don’t see how we stop Donald and you know Floyd gonna come hungry
Bears 7
Rams 16

I doubt the Bears can hold the Rams to 50 yds rushing or Goff throwing 4 INT's, as well as the Bears rushing for over 170 yds or Foles throwing 3 INT's. SF showed the blueprint to beat LA by rushing the ball down their throat and making key downfield throws

Donald gets nada for sacks but Leonard Floyd gets 2 just to piss me off more.

I cant envision this as a win.
Rams 23
Bears 17

Floyd is going to make all his Chicago naysayers rip their hair out with 3 sacks, including a strip sack. Goff shows the last time the Bears played him was a fluke and keeps his panties on this game throwing for 2 TD and no turnovers.

If I felt better about the offense, I'd say this one would be close, if not a Bears win. I'm not feeling great about it, however.
Rams 20
Bears 13

Aaron Donald would/should be lined up over our LG every single snap. Every. Single. Snap.
I love our defense, I do not trust our offense... this will be a close one but I'm not sure I see the Bears pulling it out.
Rams - 24
Bears - 17
edit: I'm a little nervous that Foles takes a bunch of hits and gets banged up this game.

I think the Rams DL controls this game from start to finish. Our defense does it's bend don't break thing and keeps the Rams from scoring a bunch of TD's, but one gets through in the first half
Rams - 27
Bears - 10

The Bears can't run the ball and the Rams defense is going to be on the hunt for Foles every snap. I don't see much scoring and unfortunately think the Bears will lose this one as their D gets worn down from being on the field all day.
Bears 13
Rams 19

Besides your analysis, I even had the exact same score in mind, until I got to your post.
Rams 19 Bears 14

I think it'll be a long night and Foles will get beat up. He thrives with elite protection (see the Eagles' Super Bowl run).
Foles in his last 3 games
LOS or less: 17-20, 69 yards, 0TD, 0INT
1-10 yards: 47-64, 342 yards, 0TD, 0INT
11-20 yards: 10-25, 170 yards, 3TD, 3INT
21- or more yards: 4-12, 109 yards, 0TD, 0INT

Somehow the Bears have pulled off 5 wins in close games, so I'm going to be optimistic and predict another despite being terrified of what Donald is going to do against the Bears embarrassingly woeful offensive line

Aaron Donald is a smoke screen.... the Rams' run D is average or below average. Nagy will scheme around the superstar. Their pass D is good not great. If we're *worried* about Flo, we're in a luxurious place. He's as harmless as a fly.

TO BE CONTINUED ............................................................

by Hacksaw
3 years 5 months ago

2.jpg

by Zen_Ronin
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

I'll be honest, I think this is the week we finally find out who this years Rams really are. The Bears are a middle league team imo, and we SHOULD be better. But regardless of what our current record is, I don't believe the Rams have been a very impressive team at all this year. Do we have the potential to be? Absolutely! But for some reason this team just doesn't play consistently and has trouble showing up. If we don't beat the Bears monday night I can see things snowballing and heading downhill very fast. As many have stated, we've really only beaten bad teams. Well, our remaining schedule only has 3 of those left. The rest is a murderers row of competition. If we can't rise to the competition and overcome Chicago we're in trouble.

and I'll just go ahead and say it, I LOVE Sean McVay, but his play calling is becoming more and more conservative and predictable and it's hurting the team. I think McVay is at his best when he puts pedal to the metal and keeps to a "boot on their throats" mentality. I hope he mixes a little more daring into his game again to go along with the chess master strategist.

by Hacksaw
3 years 5 months ago

I had a feeling this was going to be the 'pay the piper' season for the SB / subsequent FA signing blitz we perpetrated a couple years back. I thought we might have dodged that bullet through the draft and with their early success'. Now it's starting to look like the schedule was the biggest a part of their record / success and the fact that a lot of the newbies aren't seeing the field doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies for the schedule ahead.
Chicago would be a big win if we could pull it off. After SF I have my doubts.

by Mr. Sparkle
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   952  
United States of America   Orange County Ca.
Veteran

I see this as a low scoring game. It will be a kicker shootout. Slomen will make a nice long FG and we get all excited and then miss a PAT that seals our fate and come off a point or two loss. The good news is it will finally be enough to show him the door.
Hope I am a wrong!

by Elvis
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   38457  
United States of America   Los Angeles
Administrator

Listening to some gambling shows/podcasts, the consensus seems to be the Bears are a fraud at 5-1 whereas the Rams are the real deal, a lot of them expecting the Rams to win easily and cover.

Of course that means as much as anything else. They still have to play the game...

by Hacksaw
3 years 5 months ago

Yellow pants. It's a W.. Should have worn those in SF.

Is Forbath eligible to kick on Monday or does he have to clear NFL Covid protocols? I assume he's in shape if he was on the Bears PS.

by Zen_Ronin
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

• 1 / 8
73 posts Apr 19 2024