22 posts
  • 2 / 3
 by Zen_Ronin
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   2038  
Canada   Edmonton, AB
Pro Bowl

For the Hendo fans, the man himself was featured by the team for wallpaper wednesday, and they're cool af!!

by aeneas1
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   16894  
United States of America   Norcal
Hall of Fame

seems that mcvay is handling henderson like payton handles kamara, who also all but disappears on 3rd downs.... kamara's carries this year: 1d 35, 2d 22, 3d 3, altho kamara is at least seeing some 3rd down targets, 8 so far, while henderson has seen just 1 third down target.

by aeneas1
3 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

Zen_Ronin wrote:For the Hendo fans, the man himself was featured by the team for wallpaper wednesday, and they're cool af!!

01.jpg

by ramsman34
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8528  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

aeneas1 wrote:seems that mcvay is handling henderson like payton handles kamara, who also all but disappears on 3rd downs.... kamara's carries this year: 1d 35, 2d 22, 3d 3, altho kamara is at least seeing some 3rd down targets, 8 so far, while henderson has seen just 1 third down target.

Both cases make absolutely no sense to me. I guess they are both terrible in pass pro/blitz recognition and pickup????

by phoenixrising
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   816  
United States of America   Arroyo Grande, CA
Veteran

One of the few highlights of the 49er game was the running game -after being stymied originally -imposing it’s will on the 49ers. You could just feel Henderson and the offensive line developing a feel for each other, more so than any other game.

by aeneas1
3 years 5 months ago
Hall of Fame

ramsman34 wrote:Both cases make absolutely no sense to me. I guess they are both terrible in pass pro/blitz recognition and pickup????

here's an interesting comparison imo, look at the "percent" columns.... when gurley was with the rams he saw a 60%+ carry share on 1st downs, mid 50% to 60% on 2nd downs, and mid 50% on 3rd downs, and has been used roughly the same with the falcons... his target share % dropped each year with the rams, and it also dropped, for the most part, from 1st down thru 3rd down.

looking at kamara, his % of 3rd carry share has dropped this year, from 35% last year to 18% this year, altho his 3rd down target share remains roughly the same.

then there's henderson, his carry share and target share drops considerably from 1st down to 3rd down, will be interesting to see if this changes as the season progresses.

02.png

by snackdaddy
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   9657  
United States of America   Merced California
Hall of Fame

Seems pretty clear Henderson is the best back. Makes sense he gets the most carries. I'd like to see him in the passing game more though. I can understand Brown being the 3rd down back. But Henderson should bet the 1st and 2nd down back with Akers spelling him once in a while.

by actionjack
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   3951  
United States of America   Sactown
Superstar

Indrid Cold wrote:Inquiring minds (particularly a RFU Fantasy Henderson owner) wonder why we're still operating a timeshare. And McVay's presser was interesting, where he basically told the league that we bring Brown in when we're going to pass. Also don't understand the media/fan concern about getting Akers touches.

I 100% agree, who cares if Akers gets it or now Hendu is killing it right now. Not sure why the media focuses on dumb things

by Claremontram
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   226  
United States of America   LA Coliseum
Rookie

Henderson needs to improve on pass protection. His presence signals RUN when he is in the game. Conversely, Brown signals PASS.

McVay needs to change this up somehow for the Chicago game.

by ramsman34
3 years 5 months ago
 Total posts:   8528  
United States of America   Back in LA baby!

Claremontram wrote:Henderson needs to improve on pass protection. His presence signals RUN when he is in the game. Conversely, Brown signals PASS.

McVay needs to change this up somehow for the Chicago game.

I kinda agree. But, MCV will tell you that it’s about execution even when the opponent “knows” it’s a run or pass. They still don’t know the actual play call. That said, I hope both Hendo and Akers can get more third down snaps as both are great receiving options and great in the open field. Blitz pick up? Not so sure they are ready. Hence MCV’s usage.

• 2 / 3
22 posts Apr 20 2024